Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~Singh is Queen!~* Mona Singh (Jassi) FC

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

She is the ultimate Ugly-Duckling-turned Swan.

In an era where TV was crawling with stone-faced makeup-drenched wannabes, she showed how one can look absolutely adorable in oversized glasses, braces and hang-loose salwar-kameezes.

After winning hearts as Jassi, she proved critics wrong by winning the dance show Jhalak Dikhla Ja.

She went on to endorse a number of brands including Godrej, Coke and Malani jewellers.

She has hosted and danced at many events including the Femina Miss India, the Bollywood Awards, and the Global TV Honours with King Khan.

She also carved out a niche on the regional front by hosting the ETC Punjabi Music awards for 2 years in a row.

Critics scoffed at her Punjabi accent and over-enthusiastic anchoring of JDJ2, but her style went on to become popular with TV audiences bagging her another award.

Then she became the ministering angel to individuals wanting a naya roop, nayi zindagi.

Teaming up with Turbanator Harbhajan Singh, she once again danced her way to her second reality show win in Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

To those who said she could only be Jassi, she gave a graceful reply by playing the diametrically different, impulsive, headstrong yet adorable Raunaq in Radha ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi.

Finally she completed her hat-trick by winning yet another reality show Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchaano!

Her hosting of Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega was definitely the most entertaining thing about the show.

She stunned, shimmered and shone her way through the Filmfare Curtain Raiser, ITA awards 2009, the Dubai Annual Festival and currently DLF-IPL Ki Gazab Kahani on MAX.

Her friendly appearances in Jhalak season 3, Comedy Circus and Dance Premier League broke the monotony of these shows.

Her laughter on Laughter ke Phatke is funnier than the jokes!

She was her cutest best in her Bollywood debut--3 Idiots--despite a small role.

She is our own Mona darling, jiske jaisi koi nahin!!!

If you like, love or adore Mona Singh, you are most welcome here. Feel free to post any pictures, articles or links related to her. Any discussion is encouraged.

Edited by blyton - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nisha25879 thumbnail
Wow it's a good that u started Mona Singh fan club..
i hope many more join..
aaakjj thumbnail
yes Anjali ,,,,,,

I'll be wid u .
aaakjj thumbnail
i'll check all updates ,,,,,,

Thanx Anjali , For Making It .
-DulceMaria- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Anjali,

count me in๐Ÿ˜ณlovely write up btw, loved how u described her journey hither๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
and esp what u said abt her JDJ2 hosting, i feel she was gr888๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Natalie.
preeti015 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
count me in ..... great idea ๐Ÿ˜›
blyton thumbnail
Thanks for joining, guys. Spread the good word around.

I'll soon be uploading some beauitful pics of Mona I have saved.

This article lists her as one of the most beautiful Indian TV actresses.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Mona Singh:

Till now, I have been talking about Ekta Kapoor protgs. This lady did not get her big break working in any serial whose title starts with 'K.' She became popular playing the Indian version of Ugly Betty, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Mona Singh played the central character, Jasmeet Walia, also known as Jassi. Jassi is an unattractive, nave but intelligent woman. She wears big glasses and braces on her teeth. Due to her merit, she ends up working in a reputed fashion company, Gulmohor. Armaan Suri, the boss of Gulmohor, is a womanizer and despite knowing about him, Jassi could not resist falling in love with him. The serial went on for three years and became immensely popular and turned Mona Singh into a major TV star. The main problem was people remembered her more for her ugly Jassi character. This was a bit problematic for Mona. On the last day of the shooting of Jassi Jaissi  Koi Nahin, Mona became very emotional. 

Mona Singh:

Till now, I have been talking about Ekta Kapoor protgs. This lady did not get her big break working in any serial whose title starts with 'K.' She became popular playing the Indian version of Ugly Betty, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Mona Singh played the central character, Jasmeet Walia, also known as Jassi. Jassi is an unattractive, nave but intelligent woman. She wears big glasses and braces on her teeth. Due to her merit, she ends up working in a reputed fashion company, Gulmohor. Armaan Suri, the boss of Gulmohor, is a womanizer and despite knowing about him, Jassi could not resist falling in love with him. The serial went on for three years and became immensely popular and turned Mona Singh into a major TV star. The main problem was people remembered her more for her ugly Jassi character. This was a bit problematic for Mona. On the last day of the shooting of Jassi Jaissi  Koi Nahin, Mona became very emotional. 

http://southasiafair.com/2008/07/top-ten-most-beautiful-indian-tv-actresses/
blyton thumbnail
Also, here is what one blogger posted about the same article. Apparently the writer had heard only of our Mona from the long list!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Who are Top Ten Beautiful Indian TV Actresses?

Hindi television serials have become one of the major sources of entertainment in many households in the South Asian countries as well as in some Middle East countries. Besides the stars of big screen, small-screen performers are also getting much more exposure these days. Today, I came across an excellent article titled Top Ten Most Beautiful Indian TV Actresses. I found the article very interesting and informative, even though I am not a big fan of television serials.

The writer provided plenty of information about the leading actresses of Indian television serials. Among the ten actresses, I just knew about Mona Singh of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame. So, upon reading the article I came to know about some other beautiful actress of Indian television. In the top ten list, the writer includes Aamna Shariff, Smriti Zubin Irani, Saakshi Tanwar, Shweta Tiwari, Gauri Hiten Tejwani, Juhi Parmar, Tina Parekh, Panchi Bohra, Mona Singh and Neha Bamb.

Posted by Biplob Kishore Deb at 2:51 PM  

nisha25879 thumbnail
The best thing abt Mona Singh is she is very very natural..In jjkn i never felt she was acting, she looked so real ..she never overdo a shot ..never overdramatized any scene whereas  i felt in some scenes Apurva overdid..but i never felt that with Mona's acting..
rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
i don't have to say it, do i... Anji... as usual fabulous writeup๐Ÿ‘...oh n one more thing...count me in..in the FC..๐Ÿ˜ณ.. looking forward to more of our paagalpan...๐Ÿ˜‰