*~Singh is Queen!~* Mona Singh (Jassi) FC - Page 4

Posted: 15 years ago
It's been a long time since I visited this FC...my comp was out of order. But now...let's keep it active and prove that Mona jaisi koi nahin!

The show must go on: Mona Singh

September 30th, 2008

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/> window.google_render_ad();

Whether it's a man picked up from the mass or it's a star treated specially in a chilled air conditioned room, when things come to their old days they both tend to become nostalgic and that was the feature while Rajnee Gupta faced the famed Jassi alias Mona Singh in an exclusive interview scanning her days. Here is a scrap from the beautiful moments…

When did you start realizing to look beautiful?
It happened when I was in 10th. Each and every girl desires to be praised for her beauty by a boy and also get a beautiful gift on Valentines Day. So even I felt to look beautiful in the same way. It was a very nice experience for me (laughs).

One line you would never forget from your school life?
I was very naughty during my school days. I remember that every teacher used to tell me, 'shut your mouth or walk out of the class' (laughs).

With an exposure to arts like hosting, dancing and acting, you are multifaceted. Which one of these talents did you realize first when you were in school?
I still remember, when I was in 5th standard, my mom used to inspire me to dance on Sridevi's number, 'mere haathon mein nau nau chudiya hai…' in front of the guests. I used to feel so ashamed of it but to avoid my mom's scolding I had to dance. Frankly speaking, with elapsing days, my ambition and career has kept changing a lot. During my school days I was interested in sports. When I grew up a little I wanted to become a launderer because my laundry man had a Bullet on which he used to come and pick up clothes. When I grew up even more, I started watching a show on television named Khoobsurat which inspired me to become a model. After watching Udaan I desired to become a police officer. Like this, my desires always kept on changing.

After landing into acting you have won yourself 28 awards. Which was the first ever award of your life?
I was not at all good in studies so whatever awards I won were due to my acting, sports and dancing skills. The first award that I received was a consolation one. In 3rd standard, I was asked to give a speech but as soon as I took on the stage I became nervous and forgot my lines. When everyone else was receiving awards I started crying. Seeing me cry my mom requested the teacher to give me some award also so that I stop weeping. I can never forget that award.

Did you ever hide anything from your parents during your school or college days?
Yeah, I used to bunk a lot. When I was in 9th, I and my friends had planned to bunk school to watch a movie. I arranged the money for the movie a week before. But unfortunately when I was standing in the queue for buying the tickets I came across my mom who was standing in front of me. It was then that I realized that wasn't a right time to bunk school.

After proving him/herself in the entertainment industry one becomes an inspiration for people. But it's much a later stage in the career of a star. Did you ever deal with the situation where you were rejected before attaining the stardom?
Many a times. Very few people know that my elder sister had planned to make me an airhostess in Singapore Airlines. She even filled the form in my name. But I was planning to give myself a chance of coming to Mumbai. Fortunately I landed up in Mumbai to give an interview for Singapore Airlines. But after seeing the girls who had come there for the interview I instantly realized that I had no chance to pass the interview. But again my fortune wasn't with me and surprisingly I got selected. Since I was in Mumbai I thought of trying my luck in the entertainment world. I called up my father and somehow convinced him to permit me to stay a little longer in Mumbai. After which I registered my name for an audition to be held for an ad of Colgate. I only had 10 days in my hand. At that time I thought that if I get selected for the Colgate ad then I wouldn't fly to Singapore or else I would. Unfortunately I wasn't selected for the ad and cried a lot. I was just thinking what would happen now. But coincidentally during those 10 days I was selected for the role of Jassi, the greatest character in my life.

Which has been the most emotional moment of your life?
The most emotional moment for me was when the Post Office generated the limited postcards and stamps of Jassi being printed on them. I felt so proud as it has never happened with anyone who is alive. I thought as if I have really made my parent feel proud.

Apart from this any other time you felt proud about yourself?
When I got a lot of awards for Jassi.

As a daughter has there been any moment when you felt proud of yourself?
Normally, when a middle class person goes for shopping his eyes are always looking for the price tags. My mother also was the same as my dad was in army and his salary wasn't that much that we can buy whatever we desire to. It's after signing for Jassi when I realized that I would be getting huge amount of money and I instantly wrote a letter to my mom informing her that from now onwards she wouldn't have to see the price tag before buying anything.

While Jassi was on air did you face any moment when you would have thought that 'the show must go on'?
Yes. While shooting for Jassi I met with an accident when a light fell on me and I was rushed to the ICU. Due to a major injury on my head I was given stitches when I heard someone telling the doctor not to cut my hair as because the shooting was on. Hearing this I felt very bad. I felt that rather than me these people are worried about their show. Believe me I felt very sad to be an actress at that moment. Once doctor finished the stitching I was been shifted to the general ward. Just then I got an SMS from the production house asking me to report for the next day shoot at 8 in the morning. I felt so angry after reading that SMS that I instantly SMSed them back asking whether they would have given the same treatment to their children. I didn't get another response from their side and realized that I would have to present for tomorrow's shoot. Again, while traveling on the Mumbai-Pune highway my new car met with a major accident, instead of going to the hospital I had to reach my shoot. It was then that I realized that 'the show must go on.'

Is this going to be Mona's first film? I hope her role is good.😕

Just a few days back we had told you about Kareena Kapoor's on'screen wedding to Sharman Joshi in the Himachal Pradesh capital Shimla, for an important sequence from Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming 3 IDIOTS. After that Kareena's 'bidaai' ceremony took place!

In reality, Kareena and Saif Ali Khan have already left Shimla (as we had informed), but the shooting of Vidhu Vinod Chopra's film continues in the nearby Chail, amongst the beautiful thickly wooded forest reserve.

Javed 'eggjactly' Jaffery has now joined Boman Irani, Sharman Joshi and Mona Singh, shooting for about a dozen comic scenes. And before we leave here is an exclusive first look at Kareena Kapoor, decked up in all her ethnic bridal finery!

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Hey guys....it's Mona's birthday today, on the 8th...or rather was. Sadly, the poor girl had to get embroiled in a totally needless controversy on her birthday. 😭😭😭

Mona has bagged her first film!!! 😊😊😊

'Jassi' Mona Singh bags role in '3 Idiots'

MUMBAI: 'Jassi' Mona Singh, who has just turned 27, has more than one reason to celebrate - the popular TV actress has just been signed by Rajkumar Hirani for a pivotal role in "3 Idiots".

Her track is totally different from Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor and also not featured  in Chetan Bhagat's novel.

"Yeah, I am doing Rajkumar Hirani's film. And I couldn't have hoped for a better birthday gift. What do I play? All I can tell you is, I don't play one of the idiots. I play the sayaani (wise) character, ha ha," Mona, who celebrated her birthday on Wednesday, said.

Mona, who became popular after playing an unattractive bespectacled secretary in "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin", had to wait long for her movie debut.

"A couple of projects that were meant to happen never did. But I'm glad Rajkumar Hirani signed me. It's a fabulous role."

Meanwhile, Mona is enjoying her stint on television as a dancer on "Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena" where she partners cricketer Harbhajan Singh.

"In fact, Bhajji was one of the first to wish me on my birthday. We've become very  close buddies. I think it's the Punjabi connection. He has a reputation for being hotheaded. I've quite a temper myself. So we're fine with one another."

Mona has been guiding Bhajji with his dance steps. "I've almost become his choreographer. He completely depends on me to see me through."

This may be the last dance show for Mona in a while. 

And what about marriage to boyfriend Karan Oberoi?

"I don't want to get married right now. I think, I've just left 'Jassi...' behind. My career has just started."

Mona is still Jassi!
              Text:
Winner of the reality dance show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the Indian Ugly Betty Mona Singh is setting the dance floor on fire again.
Mona Singh (TOI Photo) More Pics

She can currently be seen grooving with Harbhajan Singh on the dance reality show Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena (EKEH). Another dance reality show? "Well, yes you are right. EKEH is one more show of that kind, but still very different. Indians worship cricketers and dancing with Bhajji...I wouldn't miss that opportunity for the world," beams the actor, who describes herself as chilled out and someone who has no secrets to hide.

So, how was it dancing with him? "People had warned me that he is aggressive and hyper, but we did not have any issues with each other. We clicked instantly. Due to the common Punjabi background, we hit it off. We also realised that we had a lot of common friends in Amritsar," smiles Mona, who is popular to the people as Jassi.
How does she rate Bhajji as a dancer? "Oh, he is great. He has a natural rhythm. I used to be after his life to practise. I never used to allow him to go to the hotel. I have been quite bad to him that way." The buzz is that the Mona-Bhajji couple has won EKEH. We quiz her about it, and she says, "Yeah, that's what's been doing the rounds. But, the grand finale is yet to be shot. It will be done on either October 12 or 16. So, wait and watch," says she with a twinkle in her eye.

The bubbly actress believes that she will probably never be able to get out of the braces-and-geeky-specs image that had made her a household name. "Till today, people come up to me and ask me whether or not I am Jassi. I guess I will never be able to get rid of that tag, not that I mind it. Whatever I am today is all because of that character," confesses she.

What else is she up to besides the show? "You will see me hosting loads of corporate events, doing stage shows and world tours too," informs she. Any saas-bahu soap in the offing? "No way. I hate serials based on kitchen politics. They have extramarital affairs, they die and they come back," she says firmly.

We do not mind what show she decides to do — as long as we can see her beautiful face smiling at us in our living room!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Mona_is_still_Jassi/articleshow/3569646.cms
thanks for the atricle!!! i wish they did JJKN sequel!!1!
Jassi looks pretty
16 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, ROSHNI K OLIVERA ,TNN

Text:

How did Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahi happen to you?
Mona Singh as Jassi (TOI Photo) More Pics

I was always interested in acting and wanted to try my luck in Mumbai. I gave a lot of auditions at various production houses and had Deeya and Tony in my list as Banegi Apni Baat was a popular show. So when I went to see them, the minute I entered their office I tripped, dropped all my portfolio pictures. I had a clumsy entry! And that's how Deeya spotted me. She asked me to rush to her room for a quick test...

What was your first reaction when you heard about the character?

The description of the character was a surprise to me and it set me thinking. I was not sure if I should accept such a role for an entry in this glam world where every one wants to look pretty and glam.

How difficult was it portraying the character of Jassi?

It was very difficult to get into the character of Jassi as I was into modelling and had done a few ads. For a for a person like me who loved looking good, dressing up all the time being suddenly asked to look ugly and wear ill-fitting clothes was difficult. But then I decided to take it up as a challenge.

Which international show did you have to refer to? And how much homework went into preparing for the role?

I watched the original tapes of the Spanish serial called Yo Soy Betty La Fea over and over again to get into the character. I was sleeping, eating, thinking, walking JASSI. I used to meet the creative team daily for rehearsals before the actual shoot started.

For almost two years you couldn't show your real face to the world.... how tough was that?

Something like this had never happened in the history of Indian
television where the public was not aware as to who the main
protagonist was and what she looked like. It was very difficult to hide my identity, but I was enjoying the concept almost felt like one of the comic characters like superman ' at home something else, and in public a different person.

What according to you clicked for Jassi...? And what do you think about Ugly Betty?

The basic theme of the show that a girl from a middle-class family having her family values, her faith in god and belief in herself, even though she was aware of her looks she never looked back or doubted her capabilities, could reach the top and eventually become the CEO of a fashion house. I don't follow the show Ugly Betty because I think our Indian version was the best.

After Jassi one hasn't seen you act in another serial...

After having achieved so much in my first serial and winning so many awards for three years continuously I chose not to be a part of the regular saas-bahu serials. Even now I am getting a lot of offers, but am waiting for a role as challenging as Jassi...
var zz=0;var sldsh=0; var bellyaddiv = '

';sldsh=1; var stindex=100; var stp=150; var taglen=0; var tmp; var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a"); var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML; var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("

")).toLowerCase(); function findptt(cnt){ zz++; if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++ xxx = ccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii; ifxxx != -1 && xxx < 150 stp = stp; var tmp1 = ccnt.subccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii,ccnt.length; yyy = tmp1.indexOf">"); if(yyy != -1){ taglen += yyy; stp = stp + yyy; yyy+=1; } break; taglen = taglen + tagcheck[ii].length + 3; } } if(xxx == -1 || xxx >= 150){ return; }else{ var tmp2 = ccnt.substring(0,xxx); tmp2 += ccnt.substring((yyy+xxx),ccnt.length); findptt(tmp2); } }findptt(firstpara); if(firstpara.length <= taglen + 150 stp = firstpara.length; var tmpminus=0; var tmpcon = story.sub0,stp; iftmpcon.lastIndexOf"<" < tmpcon.lastIndexOf">")){ }else{ tmpminus = tmpcon.length - tmpcon.lastIndexOf("<"; stp = stp - tmpminus; tmpcon = story.sub0,stp + bellyaddiv + story.substp,story.length; ifsldsh == 0 && doweshowbellyad != 1else ."storydiv".inner = tmpcon;
var imgid = '3599147'; var capt = 'Mona Singh as Jassi (TOI Photo) More Pics'; var cnt='1'; var ttl='Mona Singh as Jassi'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
Edited by rupali28 - 15 years ago
Originally posted by india05

thanks for the atricle!!! i wish they did JJKN sequel!!1!

Looks like your.. no our wish is coming true Shanti di...hope they get the original starcast..😳