Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
October 26, 2008, 2:25 am

Singhs are King and Queen

< =text/> h3{ font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:22px; font-weight:normal; color:#000000;

Harbhajan Singh and 'Jassi jaisi koi nahi' Mona Singh took home the trophy for winning the extra bling dancing reality TV show, Ek khiladi ek Haseena'.

Bhajji and Mona got the most points for their awesome Bhangra dance during the grand finale of the show. They had danced away to the infectiously catchy 'Nagaada Nagaada baja' from 'Jab we met' and had the crowd dazed and swooning.

The judges, cricketer Wasim Akram and actress Sushmita Sen were awestruck by Bhajji and Mona's performace. Both of them coming from a Sikh background helped matters a lot.

"Harbhajan has been a rockstar partner!" Mona said. In case you were living in a cave without a television set, 'Ek khiladi ek haseena' had six couples consisting of a cricketer and a TV actress each.

The other participants were S Sreesanth-Surveen Chawla, Nigaar Z Khan-Dinesh Karthik, Vinod Kambli-Shama Sikander, Nikhil Chopra-Barkha Bisht and Irfan Pathan-Ashima Bhalla.
For the grand finale, Harbhajan and Mona were competing against S Sreesanth-Surveen and Nigaar-Dinesh.

The winners, Mona and Harbhajan Singh were awarded a trophy and a cheque of Rs2,500,000. The win will obliterate all the controversies that surrounded Bhajji dancing as Ravana along with Mona played Sita.

blyton thumbnail
Mona Singh returns to Radhaa Ki Betiyaan  

Thursday, October 23 2008   < name=rssigsms>
Subscribe to Newsletter Alert: Enter U Me Aur Hum contest & win free goodies -->

NDTV Imagine's popular daily, Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi takes an interesting and exciting turn in its storyline with the arrival of a key character played by the vivacious Mona Singh. This heart-warming story of a mother and her three young daughters has captured the imagination of television viewers with its positive, real storyline.

Mona Singh makes an impressive comeback to a daily drama with her role as a character that makes an impact on the lives of the key characters, especially Rohini Sharma (Mona Vasu) and Dr. Shekhar (Apurva Agnihotri). The show airs every Monday-Thursday at 9.00 pm only on NDTV Imagine.

Mona Singh returns to a daily show after almost 2 years and with her grand entry audiences will get a chance to witness the magic and on screen chemistry of television's most loved couple Mona Singh and Apurva Agnihotri.
GA_googleFillSlot("default-160x600"); < ="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gampad/ads?correlator=1226340240272&output=json_&callback=_GA_googleAdEngine.setAdsBySlotForSync&impl=s&prev_afc=0&client=ca-pub-6601380052549923&slotname=default-160x600&page_slots=popup-english%2C234x45-movies%2Cmovies-728x90%2Cdefault-160x600&cust_s=&=ID%3D33a165d832349e35%3AT%3D1226340225%3AS%3DALNI_MayDgxrCGGsr-ZX98CPkmClxE3tyg&_enabled=1&ga_vid=3139709216052938000.1226340240&ga_sid=1226340240&ga_hid=1136319097&ga_fc=true&=http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment.oneindia.in%2Ftelevision%2Ftop-stories%2Fnews%2F2008%2Fmona-radhaa-ki-betiyaan-231008.&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.in%2Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dmona%2Bsingh%26as_qdr%3Dm%26btnG%3DSearch%26%3D&lmt=1226340248&dt=1226340248464&cc=162&oe=utf-8&u_h=600&u_w=800&u_ah=570&u_aw=800&u_cd=24&u_tz=330&u_his=7&u_java=true&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&flash=10.0.12.36">
ctxt_ad_width = 160; ctxt_ad_height = 600; ctxt_ad_market = 'in'; ctxt_ad_url = 'http://www.oneindia.in/'; ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.in.oneindia.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_config = '6012084620'; ctxt_ad_source = 'oneindia_in_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_url_cat = 'default_1'; ctxt_ad_newwin = 1; ctxt_ad_id_rotate=['pa_001_hin','pa_015_in','matrimony','travel']; ctxt_ad_keywords_rotate=['shop','travel','sports','jobs','goa','tourism','hotels']; < = ="http://cm.in.oneindia.overture.com/partner/js/ypn.js">

Speaking on her role in Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi, Mona Singh says, "I can't begin to explain how excited I am about my role on this show and also with working with Apurva and the Deeya-Tony team once again. My entry has an impact on the story and the lives of the key characters and I am sure that the audiences will find the new angle in the storyline very interesting. I'm also quite nervous because this is almost like my return to daily television. I hope audiences will love and support me as much as they have in the past!"

'Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi' is a story of a mother and her three young daughters who migrate to Mumbai from Meerut with nothing but their hopes and the strength of their togetherness. The show has a fresh take on women and their dreams. The journeys of the characters are refreshingly different as they all believe that they will have a better tomorrow if they make things happen today.

How will Mona Singh's entry change the life of Radhaa and her daughters? This question and more will answered only on Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi, every Monday-Thursday at 9.00 pm only on NDTV Imagine.
blyton thumbnail

Mona Singh (Jassi fame) is all smiles these days and why not? The girl is not only getting rave reviews about her performance with Harbhajan Singh on 'Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena' but has also got her big break with Raj Kumar Hirani signing her for a pivotal role in '3 Idiots'. Apparently, she has a track totally separate from the Aamir-Kareena one and also not featured in Chetan Bhagat's novel.

Mona confirmed the news saying, "Ya, I am doing Raj Kumar Hirani's film. And I couldn't have hoped for a better birthday gift. What do I play? All I can tell you is, I don't play one of the idiots. I play the sayaani (wise) character, ha ha."

Talking about her long wait to get a role on the bigger screen, Mona says, "A couple of projects that were meant to happen never did. But I'm glad Raju Hirani signed me. It's a fabulous role."

The Singh girl is all bowled over by Harbhajan Singh and says, "In fact Bhajji was one of the first to wish me on my birthday. We've become very close buddies. I think it's the Punjabi connection. He has a reputation for being hotheaded. I've quite a temper myself. So we're fine with one another." Mona has been guiding Bhajji with his dance steps. "I've almost become his choreographer. He completely depends on me to see me through."

blyton thumbnail
Mona Singh gets into the act
Monday, October 20, 2008 09:26 [IST]

The actor has decided to do a television serial once again to brush up her acting skills.

Mona Singh has signed to play a pivotal role in the ongoing TV serial Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayegi directed by Tony and Deeya Singh.

Why return to fiction? "After Jassi, I haven't acted at all. It has been only dance shows or anchoring. I needed to brush up my acting skills. I'm excited about sharing screen space with Apoorva with whom I have a great rapport and an excellent on-screen chemistry."

Mona will form the love triangle with Apoorva and Mona Wasu in the show.

"I will be playing Mona's boss. I hope the audiences love me again," she says.

Mona Singh's careers curve seems to be moving higher. The actress has signed her debut movie Rajkumar Hirani's 3 Idiots. She is also doing a fiction show for the first time after her successful outing in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

Incidentally, after Jassi, Mona had signed Bela Segal's directorial debut with Adnan Sami, which got shelved eventually. Then, 3 Idiots came along.

Mona says, "It's like a dream come true. Most of my scenes are with Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor."

The movie is the screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's bestselling novel Five Point Someone. Mona plays Kareena's sister in the movie. She has an important role in the climax.

But why play second fiddle? "I dont think of the character in this way. Raju's movies have well-defined characters. Look at the recent Rock On, which does not have a lead pair but rather many strong characters. The idea of only lead pairs hogging footage has changed. So, I dont want to complain about my character."

But the novel doesn't have any such character?

"Raju is not following the novel completely. He has changed it a bit. My character has been specially created. That's the suspense."

Mona has just finished the first schedule of the film in Shimla. When she reached the sets, she was in for a surprise. "Everyone in the team greeted me with open arms. Raju said, Welcome to the big world of cinema. I was so touched with the gesture."

Mona hasn't shot a single scene with Aamir and is looking forward to shooting with him. "Boman, Sharman (Joshi) and I used to play funny games during breaks and we gave each other good company," she adds.

blyton thumbnail
Mona Singh in Radhaa Ki Betiyaan..

Finally, viewers will get to see Mona Singh act again on the small screen. Post Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin Mona had limited her appearance on television to reality shows. Mona will now be playing a pivotal role in NDTV Imagine's Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi.

Talking about her role, Mona says, "I'll be playing a cameo that's likely to last for 2-3 months. We still haven't decided on the character name. I'm likely to start shooting from the 26th of this month. I'll be paired opposite Shekhar (Apurva Agnihotri), who likes Rohini (Mona Wasu). Thus there'll be a love triangle here."

It's a double whammy for Mona as she's finally bagged a good role in Raj Kumar Hirani's next film 3 Idiots. "I'm playing Kareena's sister in this film. And most of my scenes are with Aamir Khan. There's not much I could have asked for. I'll start shooting for the film in December," says the actress.

There's more on Mona's plate, as she going to host another reality show. "All I can tell you now that it is going to be a big reality show. Beyond this there's nothing to say," she sighs.

blyton thumbnail
Gosh we need to revive this place....this can be the hideout of all the outcasts from RKB forum! 😃
swati1980 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blyton

Gosh we need to revive this place....this can be the hideout of all the outcasts from RKB forum! 😃

I think this is the best place for all Apu and Mona to discuss their views openly.Even what they know about these two budies can also been expressed.Really you are doing good job by making not only fans but stars also that they are very special .Some more pictures of Mona with Apu should showcaes no Karan or Shilpa should be allowed here.Karan is potato and Shilpa is red chilli both are injourious to health so aviod them in this clean forum.May be when Mona and Apu have glance on this forum than they will know their real worth.
blyton thumbnail
Originally posted by: swati1980

I think this is the best place for all Apu and Mona to discuss their views openly.Even what they know about these two budies can also been expressed.Really you are doing good job by making not only fans but stars also that they are very special .Some more pictures of Mona with Apu should showcaes no Karan or Shilpa should be allowed here.Karan is potato and Shilpa is red chilli both are injourious to health so aviod them in this clean forum.May be when Mona and Apu have glance on this forum than they will know their real worth.

🤣 🤣 🤣
blyton thumbnail
Chalo yaar let's spam and spam and keep this active!!!
rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
whooaaa its a viraana herecoming with pics soon...