Balika Vadhu

Your thoughts on the first week?

Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

The first week is over and we've all seen the start of Anandi and Jagdish's marriage.

Shooo; what do you think of the so show far?

Does it have potential to be really good now as well as in the future?πŸ€”
Edited by nibbles - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-aditi- thumbnail

i liked both anandi and jaggu...the way jaggu was roaming around with sun glasses taking anandis pic andthen later when teased by his friends was funny...i liked the innocence both children depicts.so far i have loved watching the show and hope for the same.Story is deff different from rests and the plot is great to create awareness among the people about child marriage. 

sparkling_gems thumbnail
This show is absolutely fantastic... sooo pure .. sooo real ... after a longggggggggggg time we get to see such a lovely serial... it is  REALLY different, whcih has a message for society... i hope and wish it could reach people's heart & mind  and they could understand the consequences of child marriage.  plus i also pray that this will remain on its original motto not to turn into another saas bahu opera.
Tomiko thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: gaurifan

i also pray that this will remain on its original motto not to turn into another saas bahu opera.

Amen to that.

I've fallen for Jagdish!β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜†......The underlying theme of Balkhi Vadhu is something I've never seen on TV before and so far the actress playing Anandi has done an amazing job....the cultural setting is also interesting [P.S. Is it just me or is Rajasthani background becoming increasingly popular on Indian TV?]....

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Jagdish and Anandi will come with their marriage......as long as they don't kill each other first!πŸ˜†
sparkling_gems thumbnail
since the motto of the show is 'child marriage is a curse'  so i have doubts, if they show anything sweet and positive thru end , coz it . it would be really a fairy tale story and like they are encouraging child marriage.
sparkling_gems thumbnail
Btw child marriage is quite in village parts of India esp if they are slight internal parts..

i rem when i was 15-16 we had a tenant on our upper floor their 2 girls were about 11 & 12 years and they were planning to find a guy for them and they kept insisting my parents too that they should find a groom for us (me & my sisters) too as kab tak ghar par baithayenge ladki ko.

Tomiko thumbnail

^^Reena I just realised you're a Cool Viewbie!😲  Belated congrats!πŸ€—

Coming back to the discussion....Jagdish and Anandi are both strong personalities and her in laws seem failry nice; even if the Tauji's an egg.😳

No doubt they'll face a lot of troubles [Anandi mentioned her Jiji being 'bhanj'......I wonder if her in-laws will accuse her of the same thing?] but it would be interesting to see how they cope.

But sheesh; 8 years old?  My brothers 12 and he has as much sense as a plank of wood.πŸ˜•

P.S. My friend went on holiday and all her relatives brought out a list of guys for her to look at....they

were trying to be subtle but it's hard to ignore when their's a room full of guys and eager mothers.....Thankfully, she's still unwed!

But if my grandparents had their way, I would have been married long ago.  Thankfully again, my Dad has his head screwed on right and put his foot down.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by nibbles - 15 years ago
leomil thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hii wow first week and i am soo loving this forum.... well i think that this show has a long way to go as the main subject of the serial is sumthing different and sumthing untouched in the serial .soo it was grt and lets luk ahead for sumthing postive
priyanka1806 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The show is absolutely wonderful!! And Anandi's character is so nicely shown.Set on the backdrop of rajasthan this show has a very realistic and feel good feeling.The background music is excellent !πŸ‘πŸ‘Everything seems so traditional and keeps up with the mood of the serial.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Shruti11 thumbnail
very good concept and different show