Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
SRK fails Paanchvi Paas
28 Jul, 2008 06:00 am ISTlReena Thapar Kapoor/INDIATIMES MOVIES
 Print  

Bookmark / Share

Add your comments
Whether it's his films, shows or his ad films, the Shah Rukh Khan magic never fails to work. The industry folks call him the hit machine. Amidst all this, a downer like Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hai comes as a shock. Wrapping up the finale of the show, SRK analyses what went wrong with it. To begin with, the show that was launched with loads of glitz and publicity didn't manage to entice the viewers. Was it hard to digest the failure? "In life you can't always be giving hits. Success and failure are part and parcel of life," SRK says coolly.

In the past, the man has anchored Kaun Banega Crorepati which was a runaway success. So what went wrong this time? Was it the format of the show or Shah Rukh Khan himself? "This is one question I keep asking myself. Look, I don't understand the TRP business. Personally I've really enjoyed working on Paanchvi Paas more than KBC . But, I do not want to play the blame game here. I'd like to believe that it was a rough patch."

Khan has always had the courage to call a spade a spade. So, does he accept that he could be one of the reasons for the failure of Paanchvi Paas . "I'm as responsible for its failure as I am for the success of my films and shows. I shouldered the responsibility of the failure of Paheli . I understand that as a celebrity I play a larger role in the fate of a project. So, here if there is anything that's gone wrong with Paanchvi Paas , it's me," he smiles.

Currently, recuperating from his knee injury, Khan is also busy winding up Biloo Barber. "After Paanchvi Paas , I had to shoot for a song in Biloo Barber . And then there is my knee that's demanding my attention." Style, humility and smartness all rolled in one. That's Shah Rukh Khan for you.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweetangel93 thumbnail
Will miss the show :)
srkangel thumbnail
it was not shahrukh but the format of the show
Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
srk has made many flop movies, even in recent years when hes at the top there was one, two ka four, duplicate, paheli, kank and don did so-so business. no star can guarantee a hit, a few years ago even ranjikanth whose worshipped gave a flop movie
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It was a god show really
mayoub thumbnail
Originally posted by: Singh23

srk has made many flop movies, even in recent years when hes at the top there was one, two ka four, duplicate, paheli, kank and don did so-so business. no star can guarantee a hit, a few years ago even ranjikanth whose worshipped gave a flop movie

Excuse me...but Kank and don didn't flop..I don't know what you're talking about :/
and please don't forget that Paheli actually entered the Oscars..
and for Duplicate?? that was i don't know 10 years back maybe??
and anyways, srk got far more Trp's than Salman and Akshay..
I read an articel some days ago..

I'll just find it :p
mayoub thumbnail
SRK & Sallu Bhai in Khiladi's way
30 Jul, 2008, 0000 hrs IST,Amit Sharma, ET Bureau
Economic Times, India

NEW DELHI: If the small screen's TRPs are anything to go by then ShahRukh Khan and Salman Khan have taken the first two spots. Akshay Kumar's Fear Factor-Khatron Ke Khiladi was hailed as the next big thing on Indian television. But, as per the data from television viewership measurement agency Audience Map (aMap), Akshay's entry into the small screen with Viacom-TV18's new general entertainment channel Colors has been somewhat of a damp squib.

The show, which started on July 21, and airs Monday to Thursday at 10.00 PM, opened with lower debut TRPs compared with both SRK's Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain (KAPPSTH) on Star Plus and Salman Khan-anchored Dus Ka Dum (DKD) on Sony.

In the first three days, Akshay-starrer Fear Factor had an average rating (North, West and East Hindi speaking market, 4+ year audience in C&S homes) of 1.7, 1.7 and 1.5. It had its highest net reach of 42.85-lakh people on July 22, that plummeted to 39.23 lakh on July 23. The programme's viewership recovered slightly on July 24 with 2.01 average rating and a little over 52.5 lakh watching it.

In comparison, SRK's KAPPSTH managed an average rating of 4 and a net reach of 78.44 lakh on the first few days of its debut and Salman's DKD got a rating of 2.5, watched by a little over 64-lakh people.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/3303317.cms