Grey stuff left after laser. Grrrr...will it go?! - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by iluvTD*

I mean, the hair is gone from the roots..so I don't understand why those grey patches are there. so confused!

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik

how many treatments have you had? if you've only gotten one or two treatments done, i doubt that all the hair is gone from the roots. this is what's causing the grayness.

besides, even if you do believe that the hair is gone, it will still grow back. only after numerous treatments will the hair be practically gone.
Originally posted by ummmmm

how many treatments have you had? if you've only gotten one or two treatments done, i doubt that all the hair is gone from the roots. this is what's causing the grayness.

besides, even if you do believe that the hair is gone, it will still grow back. only after numerous treatments will the hair be practically gone.

I've had 1 treatment done 3-4 weeks back on my upper lip and bit on my chin. However, I do not want my hair to be completely gone. I just want it to be equal like the rest of the hair on my face which is baby hair and not so visible.

Thank you!

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik

I've had 1 treatment done 3-4 weeks back on my upper lip and bit on my chin. However, I do not want my hair to be completely gone. I just want it to be equal like the rest of the hair on my face which is baby hair and not so visible.

Thank you!

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik

it would make sense for a person with thick hair to get the entire face done for an equal look. however, when you claim that the baby hair on your face is barely visible, then i don't understand why your beautician would make you get your whole face done. i mean, doesn't it make sense that if you can barely see the baby hair, the skin will look even regardless of not getting laser done on the hair? ๐Ÿ˜† i don't know. i don't understand why your beautician would say that to you.

here are some other interesting details that my doctor/technician mentioned (they also appear on this website that i found: http://www.topsurgeons.com/dermatology-laser/laser-hair-removal.php)

The ideal candidate for laser has dark hair and light skin.  The laser will not work on people with red, white, gray or true blond hair as well.  The hot laser light will also be attracted to the melanin in the skin, so people with suntans, or dark skin types are at more of a risk for discoloration of pigment and other side effects.

so, again, if you don't have dark hair, why get the baby hair removed when you want it there? it's kind of like a lose-lose situation in your case--

1. you're spending money to get your baby hair removed even when you don't want it removed
2. your money might go to waste because laser doesn't work very well with light hair

oh, this reminds me of an idiom that i always hear: if it ain't broke, don't fix it ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by ummmmm - 15 years ago

double post*

Edited by ummmmm - 15 years ago

it would make sense for a person with thick hair to get the entire face done for an equal look. however, when you claim that the baby hair on your face is barely visible, then i don't understand why your beautician would make you get your whole face done. i mean, doesn't it make sense that if you can barely see the baby hair, the skin will look even regardless of not getting laser done on the hair? ๐Ÿ˜† i don't know. i don't understand why your beautician would say that to you.

here are some other interesting details that my doctor/technician mentioned (they also appear on this website that i found: http://www.topsurgeons.com/dermatology-laser/laser-hair-removal.php)

The ideal candidate for laser has dark hair and light skin.  The laser will not work on people with red, white, gray or true blond hair as well.  The hot laser light will also be attracted to the melanin in the skin, so people with suntans, or dark skin types are at more of a risk for discoloration of pigment and other side effects.

so, again, if you don't have dark hair, why get the baby hair removed when you want it there? it's kind of like a lose-lose situation in your case--

1. you're spending money to get your baby hair removed even when you don't want it removed
2. your money might go to waste because laser doesn't work very well with light hair

oh, this reminds me of an idiom that i always hear: if it ain't broke, don't fix it ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks i'll check out the link soon. The  reason I want to keep my baby hair is because you are suppose to have baby hair on your face anyways. its a normal thing all humans have. its like saying i don't want to have 2 eyes and just one when really naturally humans need 2 eyes (srry i couldn't think of a good example๐Ÿ˜†)..do you understand a bit of what i mean though๐Ÿ˜Š? and the reason why i have to get laser done all over my face is because if i got only some parts of my face then my face colour won't be even because i have naturally fair skin but it got tanned and the laser not only thins your hair but effects a bit of the colour of your skin as well. which is why my beautician strongly reccomands i get a whole face laser done.and its not exactly thin hair but medium you could say. its not pure black thick hair but thin grey hair which is longer than my baby hair and is visible. so overall, getting a whole laser done is only to make sure my skin colour will be even.

I hope this info clears everything!๐Ÿ˜› reply!

Mrs.Malhotra/Mallik

Thanks i'll check out the link soon. The  reason I want to keep my baby hair is because you are suppose to have baby hair on your face anyways. its a normal thing all humans have. its like saying i don't want to have 2 eyes and just one when really naturally humans need 2 eyes (srry i couldn't think of a good example๐Ÿ˜†)..do you understand a bit of what i mean though๐Ÿ˜Š? and the reason why i have to get laser done all over my face is because if i got only some parts of my face then my face colour won't be even because i have naturally fair skin but it got tanned and the laser not only thins your hair but effects a bit of the colour of your skin as well. which is why my beautician strongly reccomands i get a whole face laser done.and its not exactly thin hair but medium you could say. its not pure black thick hair but thin grey hair which is longer than my baby hair and is visible. so overall, getting a whole laser done is only to make sure my skin colour will be even.

I hope this info clears everything!๐Ÿ˜› reply!

Mrs.Malhotra/Mallik

whether or not you want baby hair on your face is a personal preference. those who i know that have gotten laser had their whole face done because they don't want any hair on their face. i'm the same way. i don't think it's weird at all not having hair on your face. i think that there are some places where a girl shouldn't have hair, and her face is one of them (given that the hair is visible). if the hair is visible in public (i.e. under the sun), it shouldn't be there. again, that's just my preference. i don't think that i'm any less of a mammal just because i don't have hair on my face ๐Ÿ˜†

"and the reason why i have to get laser done all over my face is because if i got only some parts of my face then my face colour won't be even because i have naturally fair skin but it got tanned and the laser not only thins your hair but effects a bit of the colour of your skin as well. which is why my beautician strongly reccomands i get a whole face laser done.and its not exactly thin hair but medium you could say. its not pure black thick hair but thin grey hair which is longer than my baby hair and is visible. so overall, getting a whole laser done is only to make sure my skin colour will be even."

okay, well that's definitely a better reason for getting your whole face done. i wouldn't want my skin looking two different shades, so i would follow the advice given by the beautician.

whether or not you want baby hair on your face is a personal preference. those who i know that have gotten laser had their whole face done because they don't want any hair on their face. i'm the same way. i don't think it's weird at all not having hair on your face. i think that there are some places where a girl shouldn't have hair, and her face is one of them (given that the hair is visible). if the hair is visible in public (i.e. under the sun), it shouldn't be there. again, that's just my preference. i don't think that i'm any less of a mammal just because i don't have hair on my face ๐Ÿ˜†

"and the reason why i have to get laser done all over my face is because if i got only some parts of my face then my face colour won't be even because i have naturally fair skin but it got tanned and the laser not only thins your hair but effects a bit of the colour of your skin as well. which is why my beautician strongly reccomands i get a whole face laser done.and its not exactly thin hair but medium you could say. its not pure black thick hair but thin grey hair which is longer than my baby hair and is visible. so overall, getting a whole laser done is only to make sure my skin colour will be even."

okay, well that's definitely a better reason for getting your whole face done. i wouldn't want my skin looking two different shades, so i would follow the advice given by the beautician.

well, overall it all depends on what you are comfortable with. I tend to get rid of the hair that is visible but everyone is different.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for your advice/opinions!๐Ÿ˜›

Mrs. Malhotra/Mallik๐Ÿ˜ณ
HEY GUIES CAN ANYONE TELL ME  WHAT IS THECOST OF LASER TREATMENT FOR STRECH MARKS REDUCTION ,IS IT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COSTLY
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ REPLY I REALLY NEED TOO KNOW๐Ÿ˜ญ