Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Jas, ur recipe super daa. I tried is today. Really, only mistake was not enough salt lol. And i cud not get the meat masala so i just use the normal ones. My gals enjoyed the gravy more lol.

Thanks jas
Vani19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Malligai, Neths,  Ambi  and Jas for the recipes
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ZUCCHINI PEPPER CURRY
this veggie takes just about 12 minutes to make!!!😆
  • Zucchini, 3 medium size, skin removed and chopped to rounds

• Capsicum/banana Chilli, 1 medium size, chopped

• Tomato, 1 chopped

• Ginger, 1 inch, finely chopped

• Coriander, washed , finely chopped 1 cup or dry mint powder 1 tsp

• Lime/lemon Juice, 1 tsp

• Canola Oil, 2 tsp

• Skim yogurt, 2 Tbsp

• Water, 1/2 cup

• Red Chilli Powder,1 tsp

• Coriander Powder, 1 tsp

• Turmeric, 1/2 tsp

• Garam masala, 1/2 tsp

Preparation

1. Take yogurt in a bowl and mix well all the spices.

2. Heat a deep skillet and pour oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the spice paste of step 1.

3. Cook till a mesh type texture results and oil separates out, 5-7 minutes (stirring in between).

4. Add zucchini (torii), capsicum, tomato pieces, and lime juice and mix well. Cover the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.

5. Garnish torii - shimla mirch vegetable with coriander leaves or mint powder.

kadhambari thumbnail
hey jassie thanx for the recipe............by the way can i use pickled Zucchini here!!!
jasunap thumbnail
Originally posted by: netra_rama

Jas, ur recipe super daa. I tried is today. Really, only mistake was not enough salt lol. And i cud not get the meat masala so i just use the normal ones. My gals enjoyed the gravy more lol.

Thanks jas

you are welcome narada....great to know you have tried something...i thot the experimentor here was ambi...she also gives me a lot of feed back!!!!
jasunap thumbnail
Originally posted by: kadhambari

hey jassie thanx for the recipe............by the way can i use pickled Zucchini here!!!

pickled zuchini may have more salt/vinegar etc....please reduce the salt content etc... try it and let me know as well!
kadhambari thumbnail
sorry double post Edited by kadhambari - 15 years ago
kadhambari thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

pickled zuchini may have more salt/vinegar etc....please reduce the salt content etc... try it and let me know as well! jassie........actually i dun where i get fresh zucchini.(shd chk it up)........i use pickled one 4 salad & sandwich............so i asked u............thanx daa,lemme try & let u know..............but i shud get pickled zucchini 1st....not in hand right now.

by the way,i tried kebab again in my tawa........it came out yummy than the previous one,ofcourse u'r paneer kebab recipe......thanx naa

im yet 2 luk 4 veggie oyster sauce...........so sue chechi recipe is pending..........in b/w netra also posted veggie dishes........lots of thing 2 catch up.

netra_rama thumbnail
Sue maa/caryn, do you know where i can get zuchini here in KL?
netra_rama thumbnail
Fast Food Crumble

1 packet frozen fruit (e.g. summer fruits or raspberries)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 handful porridge oats
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 180C / Gas mark 5. Grease an ovenproof dish with a little of the oil.

Put the frozen fruit into the dish. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over and stir it into the fruit.

Mix together the oats, leftover sugar and coconut in a bowl. Put the oil and golden syrup into a saucepan and gently melt. Then mix with the oat mixture and sprinkle over the fruit.

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the fruit is starting to ooze through the oats. Remove from the oven and serve straight away or leave until cool. The topping will be crunchy if served hot.

You can even try this gals :-

- A dollop of thick cream or ice cream on the side.
- Using chopped hazelnuts or walnuts instead of coconut
Edited by netra_rama - 15 years ago