Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

TV actors are more trained says Yash Tonk

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

TV actors are more trained than film stars", says Yash Tonk
by Vidhya Krishnan
Aug 07, 2008, Bangalore

A product of the Balaji camp, Yash Tonk makes his entry in Kyunki… a classic Star Plus serial which has been there seemingly forever. To get more insight into his role, we caught up for an exclusive tete a tete.

ROLE IN KYUNKI…
My role in Kyunki.. is of a passionate lover and has some grey shades to its character. The character will unveil as the episode progresses. The role is a cameo and I was asked whether I was interested and I agreed because it was a cameo. It won't go long and it is a pain to handle multiple projects because of time constraints. The character is very exciting and moreover it is Balaji and I am very comfortable working with them. I am a product of the Balaji camp and my association has been on for more than a decade.

No other camp is as good as Balaji and I am happy continuing with them.
<br />ROLES I LIKE…
The role has to excite me. I have been doing a lot of women-oriented shows but have been lucky to play characters, which exhibit my potentials. I have played double-roles and 3 roles in one show, which has not been easy but I like the challenge. I like to upgrade myself and venture on something unique and not stick to a pattern.

THE BALANCING ACT OF PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE…
I don't take my work home and neither do I bring it to the sets. If one has to grow and achieve, then there are a lot of sacrifices that you need to make and work hard for it. I realize that and have learnt to handle it.

I MET MY WIFE, GAURI….
On the sets of Kahin Kisi Roz. We became friends and our relationship bloomed like a spring flower. It was the ideal Bollywood movie straight off. We were good friends who decided to tie the knot. Everything happened quickly and now we have a beautiful five-year-old daughter. Overall marriage has been a wonderful experience.

I RELAX…
By spending time with my daughter and family. My free time is dedicated to my daughter. We usually hang out and my daughter decides where we go. She is very smart girl and knows how to twirl her daddy around her little finger.

SMALL SCREEN VIS A VIS BIG SCREEN
There is a compact script and the characterization is very clear in the big screen Small screen comes and goes and each episode is different wherein one episode may be liked and the other may not be And even if an episode is really good, it is seen and forgotten but it is not the case with movies, wherein, it is recorded and people remember you for the performance and go back and watch it many times

It is tough working for TV.
Infact I think that TV actors are more trained than film stars.

But everybody has the desire to be a good film star and it all depends on how fate falls into everyone's kitties. I prefer moving with the flow of my life and give my fullest to whatever I take up.

DAILY SOAPS v/s REALITY SHOWS
Reality shows are a trend as two years back daily soaps were a trend. And after a while, a new genre will spring up. So it keeps on changing and change is a constant thing, which happens in everything. But the point is the audience needs to be entertained. If I were to take part in a reality show, then I would prefer hosting considering what I can really do.

ON TV, I WATCH…
Right now I am watching a movie called, 'Nobody can beat Johan'. Otherwise I like watching Star Movies and HBO; I prefer English movies.

I have a portable TV where I carry it everywhere and watch it in my free time.

IF NOT AN ACTOR, I WOULD BE…
A cricketer or join the Indian army and serve our country. There is nothing else that I can do apart from these.

OTHER PROJECTS…
Apart from Kyunki.., I am also doing Garam apna apna and

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Yash_Tonk_Kyunki/August-07-2008/Yash_Tonk_Kyunki_2.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pasha84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
thanxx alot 4 the aritlce

gr8 2 see his interview