Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
I completely agree with sapnag. It is just how people see this show due to the mindset by the old Mahabharata. Even I haven't see the old one and love this one because this for me is what Mahabharata is.

Just my opinion.
TheEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ronald

I completely agree with sapnag. It is just how people see this show due to the mindset by the old Mahabharata. Even I haven't see the old one and love this one because this for me is what Mahabharata is.

Just my opinion.

I'm more happy for your 'reply' rather than your comment.. The forum has been so 'dead' in last few weeks yar... no new topics except written updates and videos.. what happened to everyone.. ? where has everyone gone??
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i am not camparing this stupid show to OLD MAHABHART.. i am camparing it to the REAL MAHABHART.. THE ORIGINAL EPIC..
ekta IS ADDING HER OWN MASALA... which is disgusting..

its sad the new generation will beleive this stupid twists.

EPIC MAHABHARAT.. had so much twists already.. if portrayed nicely.. it does not NEED FAKE masala twists.

that is it..

*king* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shrutibali

because creating 15 different topics about the same things is a waste of forum space. also i dont want to take any name but there are people who come here just for the sole purpose of bashing the show. that needs to stop cuz it has become redundant.

AND we are not stopping you from comparing this show to the actual book but another show.

if i go on the kyunki forum and say that kahaani ghar ghar ki is so much better...that will not be appreciated.. the same concept applies here. hope u understand now

ur comparison is not rgt. while kyunki n kahani r completely diff stories n shows the stories of BR n kekta MB r supposedly based on the same epic. hence comparisons r bound 2 happen. plzz give a better comparison.
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: shyam.rathi

I'm more happy for your 'reply' rather than your comment.. The forum has been so 'dead' in last few weeks yar... no new topics except written updates and videos.. what happened to everyone.. ? where has everyone gone??

that's bec. it's of no use writing the same thing over and over again. Therez nothing to write in appreciation and rest everyting has been repeated several times over  Ekta won't listen to us..and her so called Mahabharat will go on till the TRP's r dead..may be that'll end her day dreaming tht her MB is doing well . Even if it does well who cares???
srish1629 thumbnail
I agree there is no comparision............but yes there are some things that are really excellent in the show.like the sets, the background score and yes the stars. I must say ekta has put in a lot of hardwork
and intelligence to make this show..............
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I've re-read the forum rules several times and nowhere does it say it's wrong to compare two shows. Anyhow, that's not the point of this post.  I'm just going to ask a question: Will I get banned for comparing this Mahabharat to the Mahabharat - BR Chopra or not - I consider to be an accurate account of the original epic?
avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You know what the problem is....

Like somone said earlier.. those have seen the first one have that picuture in their mind of Arjuan, Krishna, Bhishampitama etc...

Now suddenly you see Mihir Virani potraying Bishampitama it is bound bother the mind. Religous
and mythogoical things are very touchy in our country. it seems almost blasphamoues to the mind.

They are so used to seeing their "Gods" dressed in clothes from " MAGANLAL DRESSWALA " Its difficult to suddenly see these same mythological characters dreesed by designers in  greek and roman togas and bodies full of testosterone ... with jewellery on their foreheads etc !! if you get my drift. its a difficult mindset to overcome. Don't blame them for their repeated reactions !!!   :) that's why you have a forum... to allow someone to express their opinions even if it is oft repatitive....

Which is why it is eleciting such deep and repeated reactions that people are writing on the forum, as
the story progresses they find one more thing that bothers them.

The younger generation will definately find this newer version more interesting. it has a different kind of appeal. you give them another mahabharat 20 years later with another vision. there will be a similar reaction ....

Hope you don't mind.. I added my comparision !!!
TheEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: avadvani

You know what the problem is....

Like somone said earlier.. those have seen the first one have that picuture in their mind of Arjuan, Krishna, Bhishampitama etc...

Now suddenly you see Mihir Virani potraying Bishampitama it is bound bother the mind. Religous
and mythogoical things are very touchy in our country. it seems almost blasphamoues to the mind.

They are so used to seeing their "Gods" dressed in clothes from " MAGANLAL DRESSWALA " Its difficult to suddenly see these same mythological characters dreesed by designers in  greek and roman togas and bodies full of testosterone ... with jewellery on their foreheads etc !! if you get my drift. its a difficult mindset to overcome. Don't blame them for their repeated reactions !!!   :) that's why you have a forum... to allow someone to express their opinions even if it is oft repatitive....

Which is why it is eleciting such deep and repeated reactions that people are writing on the forum, as
the story progresses they find one more thing that bothers them.

The younger generation will definately find this newer version more interesting. it has a different kind of appeal. you give them another mahabharat 20 years later with another vision. there will be a similar reaction ....

Hope you don't mind.. I added my comparision !!!

You have this misconception that some people are opposing this MB because of the greeko-roman clothes.. No, the opposition is because of the changes done in the story line.. We won't mind if the name is changed to something like 'nayee bahoo' or anything similar but she can't show her storyline in the name of Mahabharat.. (and that too by showing Ved Vyas as the narrator)... if Vyas is the narrator and the name is 'Mahabharat', it can't deviate from the story for most of the times..
someone has truly said 'changing a work of an author is tantamount to killing him'...
Cheers!
Kanchhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Well I agree with you Shruti.....MB is an epic and if anyone wants to compare the storylines with the main book, then it's appreciated but talking abt somebody else's work on MB and comparing that to Kekta's is not done....It's like comparing 5 films on BHagat Singh's life-story with each other

Production House is diff, Producer, Directors, Actors, Music, everything is diff....If anyone wants to compare, compare with stories of MB from book.....it's like as if B.R.Chopra was a FLAWLESS in making this story.....But nobody is perfect πŸ˜•

So lets give it a chance....Comparing two diff films of same story is ridiculous....It has so many things to be discussed...but it seems as if B.R.Chopra wrote the real MBπŸ˜• that always comparing to that and writing like this was not like tht, this was diff in B.R.C MB πŸ˜†

So I guess this was needed Shruti😊

It's not ridiculous it's natural specially they are same. You compare an apple to another one but you don't compare and apple and an orange, so it's all natural to compare a highly acclaimed epic which was made by BR chopra and did 110% justice  and  one is just another kEkta serial. You see, chances are high to be compared. Do you remember that movie"Don" ? AB's Don was a superduper big hit and what happend to SRK's one? and you must have heard what SRK said after doing that movie? This is just an example. So  expect comparing specially when it's brought in public forum.