•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
"I would love to do a thriller…"

Born and brought up in Delhi, Samir Sharma, who plays the nerdy Nitin in Dil Kya Chahta Hain and the good 'new' beta Krishna in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, is the new hot guy on the block.

My backdrop
IAfter finishing my education in Delhi, I shifted to Bangalore. Before being captured on the small screen, I worked for an advertising agency, then an IT company and last was working for Radio City in Bangalore. Marketing was the common factor in all three.

Acting on my mind!
Well, I had given acting a thought while I was in college. I did theatre in Bangalore and that followed with many shows. Theatre continued for two to three years. My best friend is the writer of Dil Kya Chahta Hai, so I auditioned for it and bagged the role. I was really happy with a kind of break I got.

Nitin's my alter ego? No way!
Samir and Nitin are completely different; the only similarity is their simplicity. Whenever I am free, I love to run home, and spend time with my wife. I have been married for a year and a half!

Other projects
I am currently doing Krishna's role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and also the Great Indian Comedy Show, apart from DKCH.

Is it only Balaji for you now?
No, it's not. As I am new, I am open to everything. I haven't received any other offers from Balaji till now.

Bonding with co actors
Oh they are great, not for once they made me feel that I am a new comer. Vikram, Gaurav and Sameer are great buddies. I am pretty close to them.

Personal take on acting
I love doing real characters. Even when I was doing theatre, I was always told that a 'guy next door' type of a character is my strength. And when I got Nitin's role, I always thought that comedy was my weakness. Initially I really had to work hard on my character, but then it followed.

Looking forward to...

IWell, as I have already experienced two genres, I would love to do a thriller show.

Posted: 18 years ago
it was posted before i think