Love Story

Ajay's interview~~~~~'Who'll marry me?'

sona.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Who'll marry me?

Ajay Singh Chaudhary blames his passion for bikes on the character of Dhruv that he plays in Champs on Bindass. He says, "Before I started shooting for the show, I was never too interested in racing bikes.

Dhruv is a softhearted biker who has a go-getter attitude and nurtures a dream to win the biking competition one day. While shooting for the show I realised that a lot of risk is involved in racing a bike. But then, there are risks at every step in our lives."

After doing a masters in theatre, Ajay gave auditions for Anurag Basu's show Love Story and got selected to play the character of Dev. "That show was of a different genre altogether. It was shot in a manner that made the viewer feel as if the characters were sitting next to him/her and talking. It had very 'real' and natural feel to it. My character Dev started with positive shades but became a psychopath by the end of the show. People admired the character a lot and I felt fortunate to have started my career with a role that explored my ability to act out both positive and negative roles," he says.

The actor credits Love Story for the number of offers he got. "I had enough offers at my disposal to choose what I thought would work out best for my career. I chose to play Jatin in Sujata since it was a role that touched my heart. Jatin is a young man who wants to give all the comforts to his mother, who brought him up all alone," he smiles and adds, "I also have similar feelings about my parents."

So what was his parents' reaction when they got to know that he was looking to make a career in the world of showbiz? "My parents were okay with my decision to explore my creative side rather than the academic one. But my relatives said ' Yeh kya kar raha hai ? Time waste karne wali baat hai. Issey achha to doctor ya engineer banta .' But now they are happy too, since, they also watch my shows," he says.

This 24-year-old actor is quite modest about the female fan following that he enjoys. And to add to it, he is also doubtful if any girl would agree to marry him. "Female fan following is for the characters that I play on the small screen. The girls don't fall for Ajay, they fall for Dev, Dhruv or Jatin. Considering the hours I spend shooting, no intelligent girl would like to have me in her life. I wonder who will marry me?" he says.

var imgid = '3345380';var capt = 'Ajay Singh Chaudhary (TOI Photo)';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Ajay Singh Chaudhary'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
Link for the Article

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cool_adeena thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Awwwwwww.....he is soooooo cute😛...i just love him😳....he is quiet true that girls fall for screen characters.i just love his character Dev...besides all negative turns Dev got,i still love him so much...people use to hate these type of character but dnt know y but i just sooooo love him😳😳

thankssss sooo much sona for sharing it.love u😛