7 Significant Steps to Weight Loss

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello Frds

Today m I am going to try to keep this simple since this is an iterative topic.

1) Set a goal - The first thing is to make a reasonable goal. How much weight do I want to lose? A reasonable goal is to lose 10 pounds in 12 weeks. Calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index) to get a perspective on your weight and where it should be.

2) Mini Meal - Change the way you are eating. It is going to be annoying at first but it is vital for weight loss. Try to eat five or six small meals a day. This is to keep your metabolism up and to maintain normal insulin levels to prevent hypoglycemia (low blood glucose levels). A meal should contain protein and minimal fat so you feel full. If you try to just gorge on fruits, you are going to get hungry fast and this is going to cause problems with your compliance.

3) Avoid Starvation - A sudden drop in calories will bring out some of our evolutionary traits where your body is programmed to store whatever you feed it. Your body is now unsure when it's going to be fed again. This will cause a drop in metabolism. You do not need to be a calorie counter simply reduce your portions. If you are eating 2,500 calories to 2,000, just reduce the portion sizes by 20%.

4) Treat Yourself - Your diet regimen should include the occasional nice meal out and treat. If you do not do this you may burn out and revert back to your old ways. Don't overdo it and start eating a Twinkie a day this will impede your progress.

5) STOP THE SODA! - This should be the easiest step. Remove the soda from the diet. Replace this with tea and water. This is essential. Enough said about that.

6) Exercise - This is needed and it has to be consistent. It is the perfect combination to the changes in your eating. Some of the most effective weight loss exercises which burn the most calories are as follows: Step aerobics, swimming, bicycling, racquetball, skiing, running, walking, rock climbing. These exercises can result in approximately 300 calories burned in 30 minutes.

7) Slow Down - If you eat very fast, it is going to take a longer time from when you had your last bite of food to when the satiety center of the brain is aware that you have eaten. So, eating slower will make you less tempted to continue eating. You will also feel full and satisfied.

Another thing I want to mention it is not a step but a motivational element. Take a picture of yourself periodically. You will be able to see your progress by comparing your pictures. It will keep you going as you begin to look better.

For More Relevant Information Click Here

Regards
Jasleen
WomenStore  || Earn Online Today   ||  E-mailpaysu || Earn monthly paychecks viewing ads
Edited by jasleenchawla - 15 years ago
Great tips. Thanks for sharing.
splendiddd tipss hun :))))

saba
ohh nice tipis...will definitely use!
Great Tips
Thanks .. x

I've got one more tip.

Do holidays in India๐Ÿ˜† - I alsways lose weight there.
This time 3kg in 5 weeks. Of course I want to have them back now, hehe.
lols^๐Ÿ˜†
thnx for the tips :)