Yami leaves law for acting

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Yami leaves law for acting

Yami Gautam who was last seen as the lead in Rajkumar Aryan, left her ambition of becoming a lawyer for Chand Ke Paar Chalo in which she plays Sana. Originally from Chandigarh, she is now doing her graduation from Mumbai.

Explaining why she decided to leave her education behind, she says "I was studying law in my home town Chandigarh. But I got an opportunity to play the lead in Rajkumar Aryan so I had to leave studies. Regular studies are not possible for me now so I am doing part time graduation. I am studying in the first year but law is not available over here in correspondence course."

Yami, who has all praise for her show, says, "I do not identify with the character at all. I am quite reserved that is the only common point between me and this girl Sana. It has a Muslim background but it was not the only point which tempted me to do this role. The character is very performance oriented. She is very sensible and sophisticated. After 15 years her lover is coming back. Even after meeting him, she is going to hold back her emotions and will not ask him a single question. There is going to be a surprise element in the show."

Yami admits that playing a Muslim girl is difficult. "It requires a lot of home work to play such character. Since the show has this background, you accent has to be that way. Your body language and gestures too change. You really have to work on this and I did it. I really cannot comprehend Urdu and it was really difficult to pronounce a few words. But I have read lots of books about their culture and everything."

On her earlier show going off the air, she clarifies, "That show was very nice and people have a wrong impression about it that in between it went off the air. But the story was planned in a way that it would get over soon. It was fantasy and not a family drama which will go on and on. We all knew when it was going to end."

Chand Ke Paar Chalo is starting next month.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
thnaks yeah, well still ra ended a bit abruptly anyways , most abrupt was the way her character was introduced, built up and suddenly it got lost
anyways, all best wishes to yami
Shruti11 thumbnail
all the best yami i think ur 1 of the brilliant actress i loved ur chracter in RA