*~Fact of the Fortnight(FOTF):: Ouija Boa

Posted: 15 years ago

Hey Friends,

Starting with Fact Of the Fortnight..where every week we will highlight one Fact related to Paranormalities...😃

Our 1st FOTF is::

(Thanks Raj for the post..)

Question: Is the Ouija board dangerous?

Answer: Most paranormal researchers advise against the casual use of the Ouija board, suggesting that it can be a doorway to unknown dimensions. 'The board itself is not dangerous, but the form of communication that you are attempting often is," says Ghost researcher Dale Kaczmarek of the Ghost Research Society. "Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on 'the lower astral plane.' These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board. Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, 'Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!' What you have just done is simple, you have 'opened a doorway' and allowed them to enter into the physical world and future problems can and often do arise."

But what if the Ouija really does not contact spirits? What if it only accesses our own subconscious? The advice might be the same. Since there are relatively few accounts of positive, uplifting experiences with the Ouija, and many negative ones, we might assume that it more attuned to the negative aspects of our subconscious.

If you're determined to use the Ouija anyway, it is highly recommended that you follow some rules of precaution:

• Begin by announcing that the session will only allow an experience that is positive or toward a higher good and that negative energies are not welcome.
  • Don't ask for physical signs.
  • When you're done, close the board. This is an important step. When you're done with your session, slide the planchette to 'GOODBYE' and remove your hands.

Moderator's Note:
Making this Sticky for a week...Thanks Raj for the post...
I've edited and called this ...Fact of the Forthnight...

Everything related to Oujja Boards can be posted in this thread! 
More info here as well...

Sance

Regards,
Paranormal Dev Team

Edited by Gracella - 15 years ago
Ouija, Using It Without Harm says, "The Ouija can be a useful tool for mediumship (spirit contact), but can also be a tool to tap into the subconscious minds of the users. It is believed that we know more than we realize and often the answers are inside of us. In this way, it can be used to develop your own psychic powers without having to dig up some spirit of a questionable nature. The Ouija is what each person or group makes it."

The name "ouija" comes from the French and German words for yes, "oui" and "ja." There are many different types of Ouija Boards, which can have differing layouts and can be made from a variety of materials. The board usually consists of the letters of the alphabet, 0-9 in numbers and the words, "Yes" and "No."  The user or users of the board lightly touch a pointer (sometimes called a planchette) and the pointer moves and spells out the answers to questions asked of the ouija.  Usually this pointer is mounted on castors to help it move freely about the board.

Ouija boards became very popular in the 1960's, a time of resurgent interest in all things occult and metaphysical, and were sold in many countries as a board game. 

Some believe that the Ouija offers proof as to life after death. Others, though, believe that the answers to the ouija come from the unconscious mind of one or all of the sitters. 

Persons of a nervous disposition can be frightened easily when using a ouija board and it is suggested that they should therefore avoid them.  It must also be pointed out that there is no scientific proof that they actually work, although there have been many claims over the years.

Interesting, thanks for sharing the information Raj!!

I usually don't believe in such things but they are always interesting to read about!

-Mahi

Originally posted by -Mystery-

Interesting, thanks for sharing the information Raj!!

I usually don't believe in such things but they are always interesting to read about!

-Mahi

Ur welcom Mahi..
But these things do exist..it depends upon individual to believe it or not...but the Ouija board is proven helpful and the spirits do come...cos they also want to communicate with humans...i hv so many books and articles..i will add more later..😊
Originally posted by set_raj

Ur welcom Mahi..
But these things do exist..it depends upon individual to believe it or not...but the Ouija board is proven helpful and the spirits do come...cos they also want to communicate with humans...i hv so many books and articles..i will add more later..😊

I know, I have heard a lot about that too that the spirits do come and they do communicate and all but I guess in things like this personal experience speaks more.  And since I haven't had any personal experience with this I don't believe in it.  But nevertheless, it's interesting!

-Mahi

^^ haye haye mahi...the fact that u haven't experienced something personally doesn't mean that it doesn't exist yaar...Even i haven't experienced..but i do know that these things do happen...

so believe it or not..Oujja boards are used and people do succeed in contacting spirits etc..
😊

Love,
Gracella

Ouija Board - The History of the Ouija Board
What is a Ouija board? Ouija boards came into existence as a parlor game in the mid-1800's, when spiritism and channeling were at the height of fashion. The word "Ouija" is a blend of the French and German words for "yes." Adolphus Theodore Wagner first patented Ouija boards, sometimes referred to as "talking boards," in London, England on January 23, 1854. In the patent, Wagner called his invention a "psychograph" and its purpose was to read the minds of people with "nervous energy." By 1861, Frenchman, Allan Kardac, was describing the Ouija board as instruments with which to open communications with the spirit world. In seven short years, the Ouija board had evolved from a mind-reader to portal of communication with the dead.

Modern Ouija boards were developed by inventor William Huld. Huld sold his patent to Parker Brothers in 1966. Ouija boards, as we recognize them today, look nothing like the original prototypes. The 20-25 million Ouija boards sold by Parker Brothers consist of a rectangular game board that is covered with a woodcut-style alphabet, the words yes, no, and good-bye, and the numbers 0-9. Also included with the "game" is a heart-shaped plastic planchette. The planchette is the 'pointer' that is supposed to glide over the board under the direction of supernatural forces and form comments and questions by pointing out questions and comments. Parker Brothers has marketed Ouija Boards under the tagline, "It's only a game - isn't it?"

Ouija Board - The Deception
Satan and his demons can use the Ouija board to give advice, or even to guide a person in a certain direction. This guidance will even seem to be true, good, and helpful. Satan and his demons pretend to be caring. They try to appear as something that appears harmless. 

Satan and his demons will do this in order to get a person even more deeply involved in spiritist practices. Things like the Ouija board appear to be innocent at first, but soon a person finds themselves addicted to guidance from the spirit world - thereby allowing Satan to control and destroy their life. " The Ouija Board may be advertised as just as game, and that is exactly what Satan wants us to believe.

http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/ouija-board.htm

ohh wow dis fotw is gud gud hun