News and Articles of MJHT - No comments

Posted: 15 years ago
Post all the news and articles related to Mile Jab Hum Tum .....

please don't comment here

luv ash
Rati Pandey's TB article

TV is the safest medium for women
Edited by Nancy_89 - 15 years ago
Star One lines up a campus caper

by Tellywatch News Desk

Sep 17, 2008, Mumbai  

Star One gets into familiar territory with its new campus caper Miley Jab Hum Tum. From the official release, it seems that we are in for the usual but immensely successful city diva vs small town simpleton formula.

The show is produced by Sunshine in association with Endemol. The show tracks the lives of six college students, Samrat (Mohit Sehgal), Gunjan (Sanaya), Nupur (Rati), Mayank (Arjun Bijlani), Dia (Navina Bole) and Uday (Jas Karan).

Dia, the diva of the college doesn't like the arrival of her small town cousins Gunjan and Nupur. The two cousins however go on to win over the guys in the college much to the envy of a scheming Dia. Set against the backdrop of a hip campus, the show promises to be a light-entertainer with a generous dose of friendship, romance, and campus tiffs.

The show goes on air starting September 22 every Monday to Thursday @ 9 pm on Star One.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/star_one_campus_caper/september-17-2008/star_one_campus_caper_miley_jab_hum_tum.html

Miley Jab Hum Tum to debut on Star One!

September 17th, 2008

Star One The story line begins with Dia, who is the diva of the college, finds out that her small town cousins Gunjan & Nupur are coming to Mumbai to join the same college as hers! The news is not taken well by Dia while on the other hand her two cousins are really excited and awaiting for the challenge of the big city. Little do they know that her cousin along with her brother Uday, are planning a different kind of welcome for them. Adding to the excitement, the cute boys of college fall in love with Gunjan & Nupur leaving Dia?s not only furious but very revengeful!

What will happen when the small town girls arrive to the city of dreams- Mumbai? How will they cope up with the snobbish behavior of their cousin?  Will they be a fit in the college? Will they be allowed to share their affection with the boy?

Grab the excitement, dhamaal, masti, emotions on the brand new show Miley Jab Hum Tum. A story that brings out different elements that shapes the destiny of the 6 protagonists. Join the gang and their lives, their insecurities, their friendship, peer pressure, love, heartbreaks and much more beginning September 22nd every Monday to Thursday @ 9 pm only on STAR One. -(SAMPURN)

http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2008/09/miley-jab-hum-tum.html

The date is set for Miley Jab Hum Tum

Star One brings back the best days of each of our lives in the form of a new show Miley Jab Hum Tum.
Set against a vibrant and young backdrop it showcases the journey of six young people, their anxieties, their insecurities, their apprehensions to fit in the college crowd. Above all, the show also captures the experience of first love. Campus love being the central theme of the show, the twist comes in with the clash of cultures and growing love between the cool Mumbai-ite crowd v/s the modest small town crowd.

Miley Jab Hum Tum produced by 'Sunshine' in association with 'Endemol', revolves around the lives of 6 college goers. The character Samrat is played by Mohit Sehgal, Gunjan by Sanaya, Nupur by Rati Pandey, Mayank by Arjun Bijlani, Dia by Navina Bole and Uday by Jas Karan.

The show is set to premier on September 22. It will telecast at 9 pm from Monday to Thursday.

Dr. Armaan's brother, Jas Karan on Star One....
Dr. Armaan aka Karan Singh Grover's elder cousin Jas Karan Singh comes into the limelight with the new show Miley Jab Hum Tum...

Karan Singh Grover aka Dr. Armaan's elder cousin Jas Karan Singh comes into limelight with Star One's new show Miley Jab Hum Tum. This is his third show on television.

"My first show was Naaginn and then Meri Doli Tere Angna. Finally I landed a role in Miley Jab Hum Tum," says Jas. He played a cameo in both the afore-mentioned shows. "Actually it began as a full-fledged role but later on went to become a cameo", clarifies Jas. "But I have no regrets as now I'm happy playing Uday's role in the new show of Star One", he adds.

Elaborating on his character he explains, "Uday's character is the comic element in the story.  He is Dia's brother. More brawn and less brain and is always bullied by his sister. There is a lot of similarity between Uday and Jas. I was the first one to be finalized. I didn't have to audition for the role too."

Talking about his relationship with Karan Singh Grover he quips, "Karan is younger to me by just one month. We not only share a good rapport as brothers but also are thick friends. Karan influences me a lot. If I have a doubt about anything, I ask him. In other words we are carbon copy of each other. We both have struggled a lot to enter into this industry. Karan has finally got his share of popularity and always gives me the assurance that even I'll get my fame," he adds further.

Let's wait and watch whether Jay is able to get his taste of fame like Karan. Till then we wish him luck!

Reporter and Author : Rachana Trivedi

College days are back with Miley Jab Hum Tum

< ="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" =text/> window.google_render_ad();

Miley Jab Hum Tum

Woh pehla crush, woh ragging ka darr

Canteen ki cutting chai, lectures and professors hai hai

Exams ke din rona, aisa humare sath kyun hona?

Star One brings back the best days of each of our lives in the form of a brand new hip and happening show Miley Jab Hum Tum! Set against a vibrant and young backdrop, Miley Jab Hum Tum showcases the spectacular journey of 6 young people, their anxieties, their insecurities, their apprehensions to fit in the college crowd. Above all, the show also gets the 6 new college goers to experience first love and the joy of being in such a situation. Love in college being the central theme of the show, the twist comes in with the clash of cultures and growing of love between the cool Mumbaite crowd vs. the modest small town crowd.

Miley Jab Hum Tum produced by Sunshine in association with Endemol, revolves around the lives of 6 college goers, Samrat played by Mohit Sehgal, Gunjan by Sanaya, Nupur by Rati, Mayank by Arjun Bijlani, Dia by Navina Bole and Uday by Jas Karan.

Commenting on the launch Ravi Menon, Executive VP & General Manager, Star One said, "We as a channel have always understood the pulse of our audiences. In the past too we have successfully launched and presented the best in the form of Dill Mill Gayye, Zara Nachke Dikha etc. Adding to this stable is our brand new show Miley Jab Hum Tum where in we are reviving the college magic, the love between the youth and presenting the audiences with a fresh new concept. We are hoping this show too will create as much fan following as any other show on our channel."

The story line begins with Dia, who is the diva of the college, finds out that her small town cousins Gunjan & Nupur are coming to Mumbai to join the same college as hers! The news is not taken well by Dia while on the other hand her two cousins are really excited and awaiting for the challenge of the big city. Little do they know that her cousin along with her brother Uday, are planning a different kind of welcome for them. Adding to the excitement, the cute boys of college fall in love with Gunjan & Nupur leaving Dia"s not only furious but very revengeful!

What will happen when the small town girls arrive to the city of dreams- Mumbai? How will they cope up with the snobbish behavior of their cousin? Will they be a fit in the college? Will they be allowed to share their affection with the boy?

Grab the excitement, dhamaal, masti, emotions on the brand new show Miley Jab Hum Tum. A story that brings out different elements that shapes the destiny of the 6 protagonists. Join the gang and their lives, their insecurities, their friendship, peer pressure, love, heartbreaks and much more beginning September 22nd every Monday to Thursday @ 9 pm only on Star One.
I haven't dated anyone
Sanaya Irani

I am....a very jovial and an extremely chilled out person.

Life is.... colourful

Love is... great! It should happen to everyone

Marriage... is frightening. Just the mere thought of staying away from my parents scare me.

Hugs or kisses.. I like to be kissed.

Your first crush... I never knew his name but he was with me in class V.

Your first date.. Technically speaking I've never dated anyone. However, I've gone out with guys on Valentine's Day.

Your ideal man should be... good looking, compatible and one with a great sense of humour.

Your dream date... Brad Pitt. It's only a dream.

What you did on your last birthday... Partied with friends and family. (17
September)

How many places have you lived in... Born and brought up in Mumbai. For six years did my schooling in Ooty.

Your long lasting friend... Tejas and Gautam. I know them for eight years.

Do you make friends easily... Yes, I do but I don't trust any of them.

What kind of music do you like.... All Hindi songs.

One thing you want to change about yourself... My friends call me moody and snappy. I'd like to change that.

Favourite TV show.... Friends
Favourite actor in Bollywood... Aamir Khan.

Favourite actor in Tellywood... None. I hardly watch television.

Favourite cartoon character... Tom 'n' Jerry

Last movie you watched... Juno at Metro.

How do you rate yourself as an actor... I'll give myself 2 out of ten.

Last time you boarded a local train... When I was in college.

Last time you were stalked... During my final year in college, an anonymous caller kept heckling me constantly. Though, I never met him. It was scary.

Last time you went shopping... A month ago. It must have been in Bandra.

Last time you cried off the screen... Three days ago. I'm a very emotional person. I do break down often.

Last time you cooked... If toasting amounts to cooking then I'm a cook everyday.

If not an actor then ... A Fashion designer (so says my mom)

Philosophy of life... Live and let live.

Advice to youngsters... Treat every day as it comes. Just be yourself.

Fashion for girls is just so over the top
Arjun Bijlani

Define fashion?
Fashion lies in simplicity and elegance. If you feel comfortable and good in what you are wearing, you look fashionable.

Who chooses your clothes?
90% of the time, I choose my clothes. Rest of the time, I take advise from my designer friends. Since I have done TV commercials, I know a few designers and I take help from them in suggesting me what I should wear. I also take a lot of advice from my mom.

Do you like to accessorise yourself?
I love wearing watches, belts, glairs and also caps at times. Generally, I do not like wearing anything on my neck.

Is there any particular brand that you prefer?
I like brands like Tommy Hilfiger, FCUK, Calvin Klein.

What is your favourite destination for shopping?
Bangkok. I try going there once in a year to shop. Shopping out there is fun. In India, I like to shop from Malls.

Which are the clothes that make you feel comfortable?
Jeans and t-shirt. I prefer white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Who is your favourite designer?
Rocky S is my favourite Indian designer. I have a couple of shirts designed by him.

Any particular colour that you like to see in your wardrobe?
White and black are the two colours that I like to see in my wardrobe.

A must have in your bag?
A perfume, sanitizer and a napkin. I always carry them as these are the things that can be really handy while shooting.

A fashion tip.
Don't overdo anything. Wear something that fits you well and looks good on you. By the way, this tip is only for boys. As far as fashion for girls are concerned, I don't want to comment. Fashion for girls is just so over the top. Sometimes they wear such heavy make-up that if you touch their face with your finger, there can be a dent. They should just go easy with what they wear and use minimal make-up.

Who is Jas Karan?
We have heard of entire families being part of Bollywood. And this trend has caught up on the small screen as well. Brothers, sisters, cousins, parent and child can all be found displaying their talent on the small screen. The latest to join the family is Jas Karan. He is hottie Karan Singh Grover's cousin and plays a prominent role in Miley Jab Hum Tum.

Jas Karan always wanted to be an actor. He quips, "Though I wanted to act, I was working with a telecom company as an operation analyst to secure a back- up career. One day, I felt that I should go ahead and chase my dream. So I resigned from my job and started giving auditions. My first show was Naaginn and then I did Meri Doli.... I was unhappy with my roles in both the shows. I took them up as I was told that these are good roles but they did not turn out to be so. In fact, I never wanted to act in saas bahu sagas where male actors are nothing more than a prop. After these shows, I was offered some more family dramas but I kept refusing them. Later, Miley Jab Hum Tum happened and I couldn't have asked for a better show."

Talking about his brother Karan Singh Grover, he says, "We share a great bond. We used to live in the same apartment. But later, Karan ditched me for Shraddha (actress Shraddha Nigam, girlfriend of Karan Singh Grover)! Well, I am just kidding. I also wanted to have a separate house of mine, so I moved out and Shraddha moved in. After watching his show Dill Mill Gayye, I realised that youth oriented shows too have a scope on Indian television. We are close to each other."

Jas is all praise for brother Karan. He says, "Karan is very encouraging. When I was not getting the desired roles he kept encouraging me. He had come to the launch party of my show to encourage me. I had gone to the sets of Zara Nachke… to promote Miley Jab. It felt nice to share screen with him at the promotion of Miley Jab… in Zara…"

credit... m*india frm apnicommunity..!!!