Nach Baliye 4

NB4 Articles Corner-No Comments - Page 2

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Exam-phobic Mauli on NB-4

Mauli Ganguly and her boyfriend Mazher Sayeed will be part of Nach Baliye's this season, despite Mauli's fear of being judged.
Explaining her fear Mauli says: "I am very scared of exams! I have this phobia that tomorrow is exam day and I am not prepared. That is the reason I stay away from reality shows as much as I can.Moreover I am not a dancer. I love dancing; however I am very scared of the number game," she said, referring to dance moves that had numbered steps, "You may not believe it but I tend to forget steps only by thinking about numbers!"
Mazher adds:" I am not trained dancer either but Mauli is a better dancer than me - I just follow her steps. I have come here with the intent of learning some dancing."

Asked why the reluctant couple decided to take the reality plunge, Mauli said: "My co-star, a little girl who plays my sister in Aathva Vachan, was very excited about it. When first they called me and I said no she was like: 'How can you say no to such a big show?? Are you mad? I want to see you dancing!' Everyday she tells me: 'Maulidi you are not taking it seriously.You have to go and practice everyday.' So the entire credit of our participation goes to our friends."

When asked about her favourite couple from this season she says:" I have always liked Jaspalji (Jaspal Bhatti). As someone in the audience I would love to vote him. I want to see him in every episode. When we just watch him our stress reduces! In the
performance sequence our number comes after his, so it is always a relief for us."

Both of us admit that it is going to be tough for them to dance together. "We never dance at parties either," Mauli says, "Mazher  
doesn't like dancing. At every party I normally dance with my girl gangs and he is always going: 'No yaar I do not want to dance.' So first I had to ask him whether he would be ok with the show."

"A person like me needs to put in lots of time for practice," Mazher said, "for me each and every second counts. The choreographers are like god for us."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

It takes two to tango

< =09/30/2008 name=date>
Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam suddenly opted out of Nach Baliye 4. Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu have replaced the couple

Vickey Lalwani

Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam,  Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra

The stage was set for Nach Baliye 4. But Star Plus was in for a shock as their star jodi Karan Grover and Shraddha Nigam opted out at the last minute. The reason? Karan suddenly told Star Plus that he was not very confident of his dancing skills.

Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu have replaced Karan and Shraddha in the reality show.

A source said, "Karan looked uncomfortable from the beginning. He came very late for the Meet & Greet event, which was held for the contestants to get familiar with each other."

When contacted, Shraddha confirmed the news that they have  opted out. But, she gave a different reason for the same. "We did not have time for rehearsals. Karan is too busy these days which is why we opted out," she said.

When asked if they turned down the show because Karan is uncomfortable dancing, Shraddha said, "In fact, we hadn't confirmed our participation in the first place. It's true that Karan did come late for the Meet & Greet event, but that's because he was shooting. He has no problem dancing."

However, sources insist that the couple opted out as Karan wasn't too comfortable dancing on the reality show.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=12&contentid=20080930200809300220079964f4ca72e
niveditha thumbnail
Our own gori Resshmi Ghosh is all set to nach ke dikha with her would-be better half Amit Gupta in Nach Baliye 4.

I was approached to take part last year itself, but couldn't do so because of Amit's accident. Right now, both of us are very excited about the project as, is bahaane we will get to spend a lot of time together," says Resshmi. In fact, so upbeat is the sultry beauty that she even harbours dreams of the show eventually leading to marriage.

Apart from the dance show, the sexy lady has her hands full with serials like Kayamath and Kyunki Saas Bhi Khabi Bahu Thi, both from Ekta Kapoor's production house. So, is she Ekta's blue-eyed girl? "It's not that I don't get offers from other production houses but it's just that I feel more secure with Ekta. And when it comes to working for others, I always seek Ekta's permission. It's only because of Ekta that people know me as an actor," the model-turned-actor quips, who also has done a special appearance for a film called Sale upto 50%.

niveditha thumbnail
Karisma Kapur will face the camera after five years as a judge on the reality dance show Nach Baliye 4.

She will join choreographer and film director Farah Khan and actor Arjun Rampal to judge the season four of the dance show which goes on air in October.

Sabbas Joseph, director, Wizcraft said that Karisma has been a successful dancer and she was at ease when offered the show. "She knows Farah and us well," he added.

Significantly, the announcement of her participation in the show came on her fifth wedding anniversary.
Karisma had been looking for a comeback in movies and wants to test acceptance level through the medium of television, sources said.

Karisma's last release was Mere Jeevan Saathi in 2006. She also played the protagonist in Karishma: The Miracles Of Destiny on Sahara One in 2003.

Karisma was also one of the many filmstars who participated in a dance number in Shah Rukh Khan's Om Shanti Om.

When contacted, Farah said, "I have been a judge on two singing-based reality shows. But dance is my forte and I think I am more comfortable judging a dance show."

Farah also defended the reality shows and said the rise of Abhijit Sawant, winner of Indian Idol, who is now also one of the participants of Nach Baliye 4 , exemplified the good these reality shows do to talented youngsters. "However, it is upto individuals as to how they use a platform like reality shows to make their way up the ladder," Arjun said.

Satirist Jaspal Bhatti and wife Savita will be one of the twelve couples participating in the show.

Vickrant thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Choreographer Farah Khan on judging dance reality show Nach Baliye 4, in a chat with Roshmila Bhattacharya...

Why Nach Baliye 4?
Well, it's the most popular show in the dance reality genre and yet it's not only about dancing though you get to unearth some real talent. Sanjeeda (Sheikh) can give any of the top heroines a run for their money.You also see the growth of a non-dancer like Varun Badola into a really good one. Also, the chemistry or lack of it between celebrity couples. It's fun! I've watched all the three seasons regularly.

Who were you rooting for?
First season, definitely Sachin and Supriya (Pilgaonkar). Even though they weren't young they were high on energy and enthusiasm and terrific dancers. Second season: Tina and Hussain Kuwajerwala were the best. And last season, even though Rakhi (Sawant) and Abhishek (Avasthi) were as good as Aamir (Ali) and Sanjeeda, I knew the audience would vote for Aamir-Sanjeeda because they were so dignified and classy.

Saroj Khan gave the Perfect 10 duo seeties and money.
(Cuts in with a laugh) I want money, for good marks.

Kunal Kohli blew kisses..
(Incredulously) I'll blow nothing.

Compared to some of the others you're a pretty lenient judge?
Why be nasty to those who admit they're not dancers and yet are trying so hard to match up? I can help with tips.. and just being myself.

Most reality show judges are demanding a change in format with the final verdict resting with the judges rather than the SMS polling viewers. Your take?
In Nach Baliye 4, we judges will have 50 per cent of the voting power and the rest will be with the aam janta. I prefer it this way because then the responsibility is not on my head. Besides, it's the viewers who determine the popularity of a show.

If they vote for Hiten (Tejwani) and Gauri (Pradhan) week after week because they love them,  who are we to veto their choice? We may go for merit over popularity but the couple then may not be as interesting and the audience will tune out. There are allegations of shows being rigged. That's a defence mechanism we all use when we lose. But in the case of Indian Idol, Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa and Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, I can assure you that there was no rigging. After every episode we got to see the vote charts.

Would Shirish (Kunder) and you ever appear on a dance show as a participant couple?
Unlikely, I've judged too many such shows.

What about judging aspiring actors now since you are a successful director?
There's only one such show on air and it's terrible.

Will we get to see your triplets on Nach Baliye 4?
Where's the need to expose themselves to attention when they are so little and and have no say in the matter?

Do your children react to music?
Of course, and the camera too. They look straight into the lens and pose. We have music playing at home, day and night. When I leave, it is Bach and Mozart. When I return,  it is  Om Shanti Om. They love the title track.

When do you start shooting your next film?
There's time. I'm still working on my script. But Shirish should go on the floors with his film early next year.

Will you be his choreographer?
I guess so.

And will you be his editor?
I don't think so. I wanted him to edit Om Shanti Om but now he'll be busy with his film and it wouldn't be fair to drag him along.

Is he a better husband or a daddy?
Daddy definitely. He dotes on all three kids and particularly on our daughters. They're daddy's little girls.

link

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Redir.aspx?ID=f6b9e9c8-d8fe-4845-897c-37a7f2a5e4f3&SectionName=TabloidSectionPage
niveditha thumbnail

'There's no rigging'

Article Rank 
< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=01_10_2008_536_002&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
niveditha thumbnail

Show me your jalwa

Article Rank 
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=01_10_2008_537_002&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
niveditha thumbnail

|      Discuss   |   Get latest news on your desktop

Next

Meet the jodies of Nach Baliye 4

The countdown to the fourth season of Nach Baliye has started. The celebrity dance competition will premiere on television on October 10.

Karisma Kapoor, Farah Khan and Arjun Rampal will judge the show, while last season's winners Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali will host the show. Let's take a look at who the contestants will be:

Karnvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu

Karnvir is best known for his performance in Kasautii Zindagii Kay while Teejay is a veejay, model and Page 3 regular.

How they met: They first met each other at Mount Mary's church in Bandra, in the Western suburb of Mumbai in 2004. They ended up chatting on the church steps until 4 am!

The couple are now married for over a year.

Back | Next

Abhijeet and Shilpa Sawant

The first winner of Indian Idol, Abhijeet was the runner-up in Clinic All Clear Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar. Shilpa, on the other hand, is a newbie.

How they met: Abhijeet and Shilpa dated for eight years before they tied the knot. Shilpa's parents were unaware about their relationship and only after winning the coveted title did their respective parents get to know.

Why are they in Nach Baliye 4:

Abjieeth: I love to experiment with different things because I get bored easily. I am sure this show is going to be a rocking experience.
Shilpa: I am very nervous and excited about this show!

Back | Next

Jatin Shah and Priya Bhatija

Jatin is best known for his positive role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and his negative one in Kasturi. He is also playing Sahadev in Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki.

Priya is popular for her role as Ganga in Kasamh Se, as well as her earlier show Khwaish.

How they met: They met at a friend's party, and continued to bump into each other later. Many SMSes and phone calls later, the two became a couple.

Jatin: I want to get away from my fear of performing on stage. Both of us are not very good dancers. So we are happy to be part of this show.

Back | Next

Shaleen Balot and Daljeet Kaur

Shaleen is best known for his negative roles in shows like Kulavadhu, Kaajal and Sangam. Daljeet Kaur, on the other hand, is best known for her roles in Kulvadhu and Choona Hai Aasman.

How they met: Shaleen fell for Daljieet the day he saw her sans makeup during a shoot. And the intensity of Daljeert's eyes captured Shaleen's heart!

Shaloon: Please keep the cheque ready, we are going to be the winners.

Back | Next

Amit Gupta and Reshmi Ghosh

Reshmi was crowned Miss India Earth in 2002 and is currently a part of Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahe Na Kahe.

Amit is a theatre actor and has done a cameo in Kyun Ki.

How they met: Reshmi bumped into a bare-chested Amit at Kishore Namit Kumar acting classes one morning, when he was changing after a stunt class. The awkward moment was the start of their love affair.

Back | Next

Naman Shaw and Megha Gupta

Naman is best known for his promising role in Kyun Ki and Kasamh Se, while Megha bowled the audiences over with her girl-next-door role in Mein Teri Parchhaiyee Hoon.

How they met: The couple became friends, thanks to Megha's driving skills. Since he cannot drive, Megha had to drive him around, and they fell in love.

Back | Next

Mouli Ganguly and Mazher

Mouli Ganguly, popular for her role as Shaina in Kaahin Kissi Roz, is now playing the lead in Aathvaan Vachan. Even though she is a classical dancer, the production house had to do some convincing before she agreed.

Mazher is best known for his roles in Kaahin Kissi Roz and Saat Phere.

How they met: They met on the sets of their soaps. After spending long hours with each other, they realised that their relationship had gone beyond friendship. Now, they have been dating for five years.

Mazher: I am dancing for the first time. I have no clue about dancing.

Back | Next

Mohit Malik and Addite Shirwaikar

Mohit is best known for this roles in Milliee, Durgesh Nandini, Pari Hoon Main and Bano Main Teri Dulhan.

Addite is known for her roles in Milliee, Kumkum and Bano Main Teri Dulhan.

How they met: Mohit and Addite met three years ago while shooting for Millee. Her first impression of Mohit was that he was very arrogant and snooty. But when they started talking, Addite realised that he was just shy.

Back | Next

Sudeep Sahir and Anantika Sahir

Sudeep, best known for his role in Jabb Love Hua and Santaan has modelled in over 106 ads. But his claim to fame has been the popular music video Channa Ve. He also worked in Jet airways as cabin crew for two and a half years.

How they met: They met at a coffee shop, thanks to a mutual friend. After that, they kept bumping into each other regularly and one thing led to another.

Back | Next

Vineet V Raina and Tanushree Kaushal

Vineet is best known for his role in Maayka and Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai while Tanushree stars in Ghar ki Lakshmi Beetiyaan.

How they met: On the sets of a soap, thanks to a common make-up room. It was love at first sight.

Back | Next

Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol

Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol are best known for their roles in Raja Ki Aayegi Baarat.

How they met: On the sets of Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat.

Why are they in Nach Baliye 4: "It's a good platform to show our dancing skill," the couple said.

Jaspal and Savitha Bhatti

Jaspal Bhatti is best known for his Ulta Pulta and Flop show, and his satirical humour.

Lately, Bhatti also appeared in SAB TV's Comedy ka King Kaun as a judge.

How they met: Jaspal and Savitha had an arranged marriage. The most romantic gift Jaspal has ever given his wife was a back scratcher!

Why are they on Nach Baliye 4:

Jaspal: It's a very exciting experience for us because this is the first time we are participating in a dance show. I was not very keen but my family convinced me to take part."

niveditha thumbnail

Asked to leave?

Article Rank 
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=02_10_2008_536_001&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
niveditha thumbnail
FARAH DENIES RIGGING ON NB!!
[01 Oct 2008]
Farah Khan, the ace choreographer turned director of bollywood, has denied that there was any rigging in dance reality shows like 'Nach Baliye' or 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.'

She views these reality shows as the real digger of talent who gave us the likes of Sanjeeda Sheikh and Varun Badola. On the controversy of Rakhi Sawant vs. Sanjeeda Sheikh, Farah is clear that though Rakhi might have been better dancer but the audiences went with classy Sanjeeda and it was only natural. Nobody likes drama and loud behavior when choosing the best of something.

Farah has been roped in to judge the fourth season of Nach Baliye on Star Plus and the lady is happy about it, as she views this show to be fair and fun. Farah is also happy that the judges' point will count only for fifty percent, while the audience will have the power to decide the fate of a contestant after that.

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3060&Itemid=231