NB4 Articles Corner-No Comments - Page 6

Posted: 15 years ago

The Bhatti couple gets candid
by Vidhya Krishnan
Oct 22, 2008, Bangalore

Savitha Bhatti and Jaspal Bhatti, who are a part of 'Nach Baliye-4', spoke to us for our couple-column on dance and beyond…

Q: One dance step/form that you would never do…

Jaspal Bhatti – I would like to try every kind of dance step. I don't know the technical names of the dance forms that are there but I would say that I would not be comfortable doing any vulgar moves.
Savita Bhatti – I would never do the step wherein the male dancer would lift the female dancer; I find it very dangerous.

Q: Off-screen, who dances to whose tunes?

Jaspal– It is a universal law that the husband dances to his wife's tunes; it is natural (laughs). But I am glad to be a part of 'Nach Baliye', where at least here I can make my wife dance to my tunes (laughs again). It is like a dream to be here and a chance to recognise how well you can dance.
Savita– For the sake of rumours I can say that he dances to my tunes, But if it is going to make him happy then I would say, I dance to his tunes. But the truth is that it is the respect that we, or I as a woman, have earned from my spouse. We are in a relationship and it is about mutual respect and affection. We have our own areas of work and we work independently; it is about the faith, freedom and respect of your partner. And it has to come naturally and one has to be lucky to get all these.

Q: If you were angry, which song would you want your partner to dance to woo you?

Jaspal– It is an old Dev Anand song and it is called " Acha ji mein aaon…"
Savita– I would want him to dance to an old number which goes like this, "Oh meri mehr…"

Q: If roles were to be reversed, with what song would you challenge your judges Arjun, Karisma, and Farah to dance to?

Jaspal– The song from 'Tashan', "White white face."
Savita– The judges have mastered dance and are true experts. But if I am given a chance to challenge them, then I would pick some old song which is a tad slow in its rhythm. It is very challenging to choreograph for such songs and I would like to see how the judges' would perform on it.

Q: If you had a chance to woo a Bollywood hero/heroine...which dance would you woo him/her on...?
Jaspal– It would be on Katrina Kaif on the song "Jee karda…"
Savita– I am a big fan of Hrithik Roshan and his dance moves. So I would choose him and dance on the number "Hai ke zara zara…"

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/savitha_bhatti_jaspal_bhatti/october-22-2008/savitha_bhatti_jaspal_bhatti_nach_baliye_4_couple_column_dance.html

Karishma ki Anokha Andaz

by Tellywatch News Desk

Oct 22, 2008, Mumbai  

Karishma Kapoor has always had a different way of doing things! For 'Nach Baliye-4' too she has adopted a unique style to acknowledge a good performance.

She just doesn't believe in giving good marks for the best performances. Karishma gets up and claps 3 times if she likes the performance, unlike Saroj Khan, who used to give Rs.100 to the contestants and whistled for the best performance.

But Karishma has her own 'andaz'. When Karishma did this for the first time people were shocked and thought as if her seat has caught fire. But she said the jodi deserved to be applauded with three claps, for their marvelous performance.

Wah Karishma maam! maan gaye aapke anokhe andaz!

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/karishma_kapoor_style/october-22-2008/karishma_kapoor_style_applauds_nach_baliye_4.html

Divine blessings for Vineet Raina and Tanushree

Divine intervention comes to the rescue of Vineet Raina and Tanushree as they perform stupendously in this ...

Mohit and Addite: Commitment to 'Nach' success!

by Vidhya Krishnan

Oct 23, 2008, Bangalore  

Mohit and Addite, one of the jodis in 'Nach Baliye', startled the judges with their kathakali performance in an episode, which will be aired this week. They performed on the "Tha karke" from 'Golmaal Returns'. And they performed kathakali beautifully, braving many a hardship.

For this performance, they had brought the costumes all the way from Kerala. The headgear that Mohit wore weighed 5 kilogram! With the heavy make up and costumes, they could not even drink and eat for hours. They had also been fasting since morning as they could not gulp food. The judges really appreciated both of them; Farah Khan said that they were the most hardworking couple and complemented them for their brilliant performance.

We spoke to the couple to know more and they said, "Actually, our theme was to perform a Kathakali dance, but though we did have an option to change it, we took it up as a challenge. In fact, our choreographers had to learn the exact moves of Kathakali and teach us. We did a lot of research by surfing the net. We wanted to give the typical authentic performance; we were also particular about the costumes and the outfits. We got them all from Kerala since in Mumbai stores, their condition was pathetic. We luckily got the costumes in time and they arrived just on the previous day of our performance. We rehearsed with those costumes because we wanted to get used to it while performing on stage and also get the feel of the dance. Indeed the costumes were very heavy but we became the characters once we were in that outfit.

And it was our choice to do the dance and we did it with confidence, sincerity, grace and most of all, piety. And we followed the traditions with utmost respect; we did not eat or drink until the performance; we were not supposed to wear footwear or do any thing bad; we didn't touch non-vegetarian food for two days; we didn't want to insult the dance form at any point.

We will not say that it was not stressful….it was very hectic but we are glad that we carried it off pretty well and at the end of it, we feel very satisfied. We kept our fingers crossed throughout and this is our most beautiful and memorable experience. We also got some good comments from the judges which we will not disclose, but wish everybody will watch this episode, because we did it with a lot of hard work.

That is commitment, folks… Kudos to the couple!

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/mohit_addite/october-23-2008/mohit_addite_nach_baliye_4_kathakali_performance.html

NB Gossip

With Nach Baliye 4 finally on the way, there is bound to be a lot of fun off the sets as well. We hear one couple has really been at it - practice we mean! - and one of the judges has been giving some hot and steamy tips - on dance ya!

The Nach Commitment!

Mohit and Addite are one of the jodis who startled the judges by doing things differently. This time Mohit and Addite had a unique look for their performance. They performed kathakali on the Tha karke track from Golmaal Returns. For this performance they had got their costumes especially from Kerala.The headgear that Mohit was wearing was 5 kgs and with a heavy make up and heavy costumes they could not even drink or eat food. They had literally been fasting since morning! The judges really appreciated both of them. Farah told that they are the most hardworking couples and hats off to them for such a brilliant performance. They were depicting Radha Krishna through their dance form and hence they did not even touch non vegetarian food for a couple of days. Such is the Nach commitment!

Arjun gives his tips on Salsa

The suave Arjun Rampal was seen giving valuable tips to Reshmi on Salsa dance. Reshmi and Amit performed a salsa number but Reshmi was not wearing high heels while performing the dance. Arjun took notice of the fact and told everyone that salsa is always performed with high heels and not after wearing flats. He also told that salsa is a dance form which is all about gait, poise and correct posture and that can only be attained if one wears high heels. The move comes easily when the performer is wearing high heels and not with flat shoes. Arjun a perfectionist to the core thus gave valuable tips to Reshmi Amit on salsa.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081024_135

• Hill Road Media
  • Friday, October 24, 2008

• Posted: 15 years ago

Saturday Exclusive: Diwali Dhamaka Grips Jodis on Nach Baliye

Diwali fever has taken over NAch BAliye 4. The episode opens with the hosts Aamir and Sanjeeda announcing that tonight they are celebrating Diwali on Nach and as Diwali is all about being together with family and friends, there is a very special guest coming on the show. The jodis looking exuberant in festive attire are already in their respective jodi boxes. The hosts then call on the judges. Farah and Arjun walk on stage and wish the audience. Instead of Karisma, Kareena walks on stage surprising both Aamir and Sanjeeda. THey look at each other and ask Kareena howcome she's here. Kareena says no she is Karisma! The judges agree with her. THe jodis and the hosts are confused. Jaspal BHatti tells KAreena to prove that she is Karisma by answering a few questionsThe gag continues and finally the jodis and hosts agree that this must be Karisma. at the moment the real KArisma walks on the stage and admits that this was all 'golmaal' and that Kareena is here to celebrate Diwali with her sister and also to promote her movie Golmaal Returns.

THe judges decide to go ahead with the show. The teams choose their two performers. A coin is tossed by KAreena to decide which team will perform first. Shaava Shaava win the toss and Abhijeet Sawant and his wife Shilpa take the stage to dance on Naino mein Sapna. Shaleen and Daljit perform next on Koin Yahaan Naache Naache. The judges score both the dances secretly.

Kareena talks about her movie Golmaal Returns. A clip where KArisma danced on Kareena's song Its ROcking in the first episode of NAch BAliye is played. An emotional moment is shared by both the sisters. Its time to announce the scores. Dancers of each team are called up on stage. SHaleen and Daljit emerge as the winners of Nach for Life.

Balle Balle team celebrates!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=399186968 :)

Aamir Ali who is hosting the fourth season of Nach... talks of his future plans to A.L. Chougule

Q After participating in Nach Baliye last year what made you take a call on anchoring the show's fourth season?
    Anchoring has become an added and interesting part of acting on television. I couldn't dance well when I took part in Nach Baliye last year but I worked hard and learnt dancing. The point is if you are willing to work sincerely on something you can do it successfully which I proved by winning the Nach Baliye title. I always wanted to anchor but never got an opportunity of hosting a  show. Nach Baliye is popular and is a big platform for me to venture into anchoring.

Q Is anchoring a learning experience for you?
    I feel quite comfortable. It is neither difficult nor easy. Learning is something you do all the time but you should be willing to work on it. Anchoring is more about being you and having fun.  Language and art of speaking do help but you have to enjoy yourself. I have Sanjeeda as my co-anchor and she is a good host. I think we complement each other well.

QDid life change after Nach Baliye 3?
    Yes, it did and it has changed quite a lot. It has opened a new career avenue for me. Besides acting I also do a lot of stage shows in India and abroad now. 

QHas it affected your acting career on TV?
    No. I am doing weekend soap for Balaji which takes about 20 days in a month. The rest of the days I spend on doing stage shows.

QKya Dil Mein Hai was supposed to be of 52 episodes. But there is no sign of it ending soon.
    That's because it is a good drama series and is doing well. It will undergo a change after it completes 100 episodes.

QYou have been working non-stop for the last one and half years. How do you keep yourself motivated day after day?
    If you love what you do, you will always feel motivated. I am relatively new in the TV industry. But in the last three years I have done some good work. Money is not a major issue with me. If you do good work money follows. I was supposed to take  a break from work last year after Nach Baliye but when the show was halfway through Kya Dil Mein Hai happened and since then I have been working non-stop.

QDidn't you take even a short break?
    I did. In June I took a five-day break and went on a holiday to Bangkok with Sanjeeda and a few close friends. It was great fun.

QWill wedding bells ring then?
    No. I think it's too early to think of marriage.

www.deccan.com

Edited by *Shruti* - 15 years ago

'Anjali is perfect for me' - Kapil Nirmal

Jodi No. 5, Kapil-Anjali is known to be one of the cutest couples in the show... We talked to Kapil about his ...

Aditi Shirwaikar in pain

Aditi Shirwaikar is reeling in pain with a sprained knee, and her baliye Mohit hopes that she does not aggravate her ...

Diwali and Fireworks!

Diwali is a festival of fun and frolic, and above all, fireworks brings excitement and joy to the hearts of people. ...

Kapil Nirmal:

Do you love bursting fireworks on Diwali: As a kid I used to love Diwali just because I got a chance to play with crackers. Now, I like the colourful and lightning ones which do not make much of noise.

Your Favourite Firework: I like the rockets and the smaller version of bombs.

Any firework related incident that you have experienced: Once I was about to light a "1000 wala pataka" which did not get lit even after I tried many a times. But then all of a sudden, it started to burst. My pyjama caught fire and my leg got bruised. But luckily, nothing drastic happened by the grace of God.

Fireworks, waste of money or do you think Diwali is incomplete without it: Fireworks are surely not a waste of money, because as kids, we have enjoyed a lot. Diwali is nothing without crackers. But we need to keep it to a limit and see to it that we don't disturb everyone around us at odd hours with the big noise of crackers, as few might prefer to sleep.