Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
I've a surprise for Mohit: Addite
28 Oct 2008, 0000 hrs IST, DIVYA PAL , TNN

Text:

For this couple, Diwali is going to be on the sets on Nach Baliye - 4. Mohit Malik and Addite Shirwakar, who are participating in the dance
Mohit and Addite (TOI Photo) More Pics
reality show, may end up spending Diwali rehearsing for their next performance.

Addite had, infact, forgotten Dhanteras as well, all thanks to hectic schedules. "It was certainly not a case of memory loss. I had injured my left leg during our last performance. The doctors have asked me to be extra cautious of the injury." And what's planned for Diwali? "Well, I might attend a card party, although I don't know how to play cards, I enjoy watching people do the same. And I am also planning something special for Mohit. He is a bit upset, since he hasn't been able to go to Delhi because of the schedules. I will give him a sweet surprise."

Mohit elaborates further and says, "Had we not been shooting for Nach Baliye - 4, I would have certainly gone home to be with my family."
var zz=0;var sldsh=0; var bellyaddiv = ' ';sldsh=1; var stindex=100; var stp=150; var taglen=0; var tmp; var tagcheck = new Array("div","span","br","font","a"); var storycontent = document.getElementById("storydiv").innerHTML; var firstpara = storycontent.substring(0,storycontent.toLowerCase().indexOf("

")).toLowerCase(); function findptt(cnt){ zz++; if(zz == 10)return; var xxx=-1,yyy=-1; var ccnt = cnt; for(ii=0; ii < tagcheck.length; ii++ xxx = ccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii; ifxxx != -1 && xxx < 150 stp = stp; var tmp1 = ccnt.subccnt.indexOf"<"+tagcheckii,ccnt.length; yyy = tmp1.indexOf">"); if(yyy != -1){ taglen += yyy; stp = stp + yyy; yyy+=1; } break; taglen = taglen + tagcheck[ii].length + 3; } } if(xxx == -1 || xxx >= 150){ return; }else{ var tmp2 = ccnt.substring(0,xxx); tmp2 += ccnt.substring((yyy+xxx),ccnt.length); findptt(tmp2); } }findptt(firstpara); if(firstpara.length <= taglen + 150 stp = firstpara.length; var tmpminus=0; var tmpcon = story.sub0,stp; iftmpcon.lastIndexOf"<" < tmpcon.lastIndexOf">")){ }else{ tmpminus = tmpcon.length - tmpcon.lastIndexOf("<"; stp = stp - tmpminus; tmpcon = story.sub0,stp; stp = tmpcon.lastIndexOf' '; tmpcon = story.sub0,stp + bellyaddiv + story.substp,story.length; ifsldsh == 0 && doweshowbellyad != 1else ."storydiv".inner = tmpcon;
var imgid = '3646235'; var capt = 'Mohit and Addite (TOI Photo) More Pics'; var cnt='1'; var ttl='Mohit and Addite'; wid='541'; im='460'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ if(wid=='1024') b1 = ''; else b1 = ''; } if(wid=='1024') var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; else var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;

niveditha thumbnail

Diwali : Unity in Diversity!

India is a country of varied customs, culture and beliefs. We even celebrate Diwali differently in various parts of the

From Southern tip of  India , lets move towards North with…

Mohit Mallik :

Please share the traditional way in which you celebrate Diwali: I am not celebrating Diwali this time as my dadaji passed away this year. However, Diwali for us back in Delhi has always been one memorable get-together. We invite lot of friends and relatives every year. We prepare all kinds of dishes and savories in the Restaurant we own at the Defence Colony Market. Our whole bungalow is usually lit up as a Dulhann and the day starts with a puja at home, followed by a puja at our shop and restaurant. One particular tradition followed by our family is that we wake up our colony people every year at exact 2 in the mid-night by bursting the 20,000 ladi wala pataka. We are famous for this in our colony, so much so that now, it has become such a routine that all in our colony get up by 2 to witness the 20,000 wala ladi taking off (laughs).
:)

niveditha thumbnail
Reshmi's super special Diwali

Reshmi Ghosh, who is presently busy shaking a leg with her Baliye, Amit on the grand dance floor of Nach Baliye 4 had a very special Diwali.
Reshmi's parents flew down from Kolkata to celebrate the fest with their daughter and to bless the couple (Reshmi and Amit). Amit's parents too were in town and both the families got together for the celebration. "It was very private, just family, and so this Diwali was very special and will remain very memorable" said a still-excited Reshmi.
Reshmi's dance and real life partner is very good at making Rangolis and he got down to work for Diwali. "Amit made a great Rangoli and then he brought crackers with his brother" she says "Our parents together got diyas".

Every year, the Bengali girl goes home for Diwali where the family has hosts a grand Kali Puja but this year she couldn't as she had to rehearse for Nach.

So how did she celebrate his time?

Reshmi replied: "Amit and I with our parents went to the Hanuman mandir, and then a Kali mandir, and finally I attended Laxmi Puja with my parents at Amit's place".

So, did she pray for early wedding bells for herself and Amit? "I've asked Kali Maa to help me concentrate on my rehearsals," said Reshmi, "for some reason I've not been able to give my best."

Reshmi, who plays Bhoomi on the small screen, says she is working very hard for Nach and that the Kali Puja has helped her a lot in settling down.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081029_151

niveditha thumbnail
Standing ovation for Mazher, Mouli

Mazher Syeed and Mouli Ganguly got a gift this festive season they weren't expecting: a standing ovation from judges for their performance at Nach Baliye.

Mazher and Mouli think of themselves as weak dancers and so this response for particularly gratifying for them.
"I still cannot believe it, in fact I went blank that time, so I don't remember anything that happened after that," says dazed Mazher, "There was a separate theme this week for everyone. We performed to the title track of Zinda- Zinda hoon main kiske liye."

"We were really into the act and totally exhausted by it," added Mazher, "we were literally trembling after our performance was over." And then came the real shock.

"Farah compared me with Hrithik and but I think she did it for boosting my morale," says modest Mazher, "I can't wait for the episode to come on air, just to find out what exactly happened after that. We were genuinely unaware about what was happening around us. Mazher said it was a superb feeling and changed his attitude to his craft.

"I feel responsible now. I'm not a good dancer at all and I do not like dancing. If even so the judges liked what I did, after this I need to work doubly hard to show what I'm capable of."

Former Bollywood star Karisma Kapoor joined her fellow judges Farah Khan and Arjun Rampal in standing up and applauding. She praised Mazher and Mouli, saying theirs was one of the best performances they had seen.

Meanwhile,  Addite Shirwarkar has hurt her leg, but performed nonetheless and was also praised for her effort. Kapil Nirmal bared his chest during his routine, to the delight of his female fans in the studio audience.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081030_157

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, October 30, 2008

• niveditha thumbnail
    Celebrating Bhai Duuj with stars

Bhai Duuj or Bhai Bhij, which is normally celebrated on the fifth day of Diwali, is being celebrated nationwide today. This is the day when all the brothers are invited to their sister's home and like during Rakhi, on Bhai Duuj sisters put a tilak on their brother's forehead and in return brothers gift them some thing.
    Our small screen stars say that they too have a lot to do on this day...

Parul Chauhan (Ragini of Bidaai) is sad about not getting an off today so she will be celebrating the festival on the sets itself with her reel as well as real life brother "My bhaiya will come over to the sets. I'll put teeka aur kalava badhoongi and then like every year bhaiya will gift me a salwar kameez," says the Bidaai girl.
    Romit Raj's cousin who stays in Delhi has already sent him the rochana (tilak) by courier and he has bought a surprise gift for his sister too which he refuses to reveal.

Reshmi Ghosh (Bhoomi of Kyunki) doesn't have any real brother but she celebrates the festival with her onscreen brothers "I tie rakhi to Amit and Puneet on Rakshabandhan," says the girl. She takes some time off from her busy schedule and does the teeka. In return she gets many gifts like cosmetics, shoes, dresses and sometimes even money. The actress says she loves gifts and she demands them!

Itishree Singh (Shilpa of Babul ka aangan…) who has two brothers tries to take a holiday and goes to her hometown in Kota, Rajasthan but this year she won't be able to. However she tells us how this day is special for her. "Teeka lagati hu, fir haath mein laal dhaaga bandhti hu and in return I get many chocolates of different varieties which I love," says Itishree. After this, the actress goes to a mandir which is very close to her place where there is a grand lungar (feast). "There's this special meal called punchkoot which consists of chawal, mixed vegetable ki bhaji, kaali dal and many other things and it's very tasty. I just love that!" says the excited girl.

Sachin Sharma has gone to Delhi to be with his two elder sisters on this occasion. Explaining the procedure, Sachin says "They put a teeka on my forehead and give me a kacchha nariyal (coconut) jisme bhi teeka laga hota hai. This nariyal I am supposed to cut and eat later...It is said that this nariyal keeps all the bad things away." Sachin has bought a couple of salwar suits for his sisters which he hopes they will like.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081030_160

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, October 30, 2008

• niveditha thumbnail

Shaleen-Daljit scored the highest

Jodi No 11 Shaleen-Daljit scored the higest in the upcoming episode of Nach Baliye 4...

niveditha thumbnail

First Knock-out in Nach Baliye 4..

All jodis are set for the first elimination this week in Star Plus' Nach Baliye.. The verdict is out, read further ...

niveditha thumbnail

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
    < name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=31_10_2008_535_004&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
    niveditha thumbnail
    'Nach' jung in 'Aamne Saamne'!

by Tellywatch News Desk

Oct 31, 2008, Bangalore  

This week, on Pantene Shine 'Nach Baliye- 4', 12 celebrity jodis perform on a novel theme – 'Aamne Saamne'. Here, the jodis wear elaborate dresses and perform as opposites (viz: Good & Bad, Angeilc & Devilish, Black & White etc). To see all the twists in 'Nach', the popular dance show, watch Star Plus on October 31 at 8 p.m.

Keeping a close watch on every move of the jodis is an eminent panel of judges consisting of Bollywood celebrities like director Farah Khan and actors Arjun Rampal and Karisma Kapoor.

Each week promises to be a treat for the viewers, as the Jodis dance on unique themes, songs, costumes and moods. Produced by Wizcraft, Pantene Shine Nach Baliye-4 promises to entertain viewers with loads of intriguing moments as show is set to bring out the tensions, apprehensions, competitiveness and bonding between the jodis.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/nach_baliye_4_celebrity_jodiis/october-31-2008/nach_baliye_4_celebrity_jodiis_aamne_saamne.html

niveditha thumbnail
    'Sensex is like a wife's mood'
    31 Oct 2008, 0025 hrs IST, TUSHAR BEHL , TNN

Text:

There may be a deluge of laughter champions on television these days, but when it comes to Jaspal Bhatti, he, as everyone knows, is the
    Jaspal Bhatti. (TOI Photo)
    pioneer.

Bhatti only believes in good, clean and intelligent humour. There aren't too many comedy shows that could match the standards set by Bhatti with his hilarious TV series Flop Show and Ulta Pulta.

But Bhatti is batting on a different pitch these days. He's been seen shaking a leg along with his wife Savita in a celebrity-based dance show Nach Baliye4. Bhatti in an interview with LT talks about his new venture, life and future projects.

The first thing that comes to one's mind is that why on earth did the comedy king choose to take part in a dance competition? "To be very frank, I am not at all interested in dance. Maine toh apni shadi par bhi dance nahi kiya tha. Haan jis ghodi par baitha tha woh zarur nachne lagi thi," he retorts, adding, "But my wife has an interest in dance. More than that, my daughter encouraged us to participate in the competition when we got the offer."

"Initially, I was quite apprehensive, but then I took it up as a challenge and thought it would be a new thing to learn," says Bhatti who (along with his wife), surprisingly, topped in the first round of the show. "It was rather shocking when we were declared the top jodi of that particular show. But I thought there was good co-ordination between us and that's why people liked it," he says.

So, who's a better dancer, Mr Bhatti or Mrs Bhatti? "On the dance floor, it's obviously her. Otherwise she's making me dance to her tunes all the time in real life. But with this show, I've got the chance to make her dance," he jokes. He adds, "Jokes apart, my wife has been very supportive since the time we got married 23 years back. She helps in my administrative work, in creating humour, etc."

Bhatti was recently seen on the judge's seat as he was roped in to judge a comedy show Comedy ka king kaun. Not quite happy sitting about it, Bhatti says, "It was a tough job for me because I can't laugh on each and every joke that contestants crack. I feel judges on other comedy shows are used as laughter tracks more than as judges." Navjot S Sidhu, are you listening?

Any plans of making a serial on the lines of Flop Show or Ulta Pulta in the near future? "Yes, surely," he shoots, adding, "But that will be after the two films that I am making. One is in Punjabi and the other in Hindi. Since real work hasn't started yet, I cannot reveal more details."

Not many people know that Bhatti also runs an acting school in Mohali near Chandigarh. "Our school gives complete knowledge of arts. That's why we have courses that deal with acting, editing, direction, animation, etc. It's been more than a year since we started it and the response is quite good as there is no such school in the area," he informs.

And who better than Bhatti to comment on the volatile Sensex. He says, "Sensex is like a wife's mood, subah uth kar hi pata chalta hai." What a thought, Sir!
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Sensex_is_like_a_wifes_mood/articleshow/3655216.cms