Harry Potter

The Professors - FF- Updated

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi Everyone!

This is another attempt at a FF, I hope you enjoy this one. Ever wonder what the Professors and Staff of Harry Potter was like?

This is just my interpretation of what I think they would have been like. I am open to any ideas about what you would like me to write about. This is just going to be short pieces on different professors, not a continuing storyline, however, I may link them from time to time!

Happy Reading!!!!!! You can let me know if you think my perception of the character is way of base!

The First installment is Professor Sprout, who I always viewed as a happy sort of person, who loved her plants and who loved to teach!!!

The Professors

Professor Sprout

Humming lightly under her breath, Pomona Sprout, was enjoying the relative quiet of the castle grounds of the early morning. This was the best time of each day for the Professor. This is where her time was uninterrupted and she was able to care and check on all her plants in the Five Greenhouses on the grounds, without help or interruption from the rest of the Herbology staff.

Usually, the only other person to be seen up and about at this time of morning was Hagrid, as he tended to his game keeping duties. The peace of the greenhouses and the soothing feel of her hands in the dirt as she tended to all her babies, as she viewed these plants, was the comforting feeling to the Professor.

As the sun rose over the castle grounds her plants begin to stir and Pomona Sprout squared her shoulders, straightened her back and looked towards the castle in the distance. Soon her greenhouses will be filled with students, eager to learn, and with her here eager to teach about the many beauties of the wizarding plant world, a productive time lay ahead.   

Assessing her plants one last time, Professor Sprout gathers the basket of freshly picked vegetables, fruits and seasonings she had procured from her many plants and hurried off to the kitchens. The Hogwarts house elves would be eager to start breakfast so she should hurry, to provide them with as much fresh ingredients to satisfy them.

After depositing her wares to the grateful elves, Pomona made her way back to her quarters within the castle. Her home away from home, her rooms were well kept and clean, thanks in large part to the house elves. However, comfort was the word that came to mind in Professor Sprout's quarters. With oversized and comfortable chairs, near the cozy fireplace, and lovely rugs covering the floor, the room was well suited to the Professor's needs. The walls were adorned with pictures of her family, her husband, and her daughter held prime positions. Looking at the portraits, reminded Pomona, that she had to buy a new hat for her daughter's graduation from Culinary Academy next week. She would do that first thing on Saturday morning on her way home for the weekend.  

After, changing into her clothes for today's lessons, Professor Sprout , hurried from her rooms towards the Great Hall for breakfast. She made a detour so that she passed by the Hufflepuff Common Room on her way down. Always, the ever present House Mistress, Professor Sprout satisfied her curiosity that all was well with her house as she saw it's inhabitants make their way to breakfast.

"Good Morning Professor!" greeted a few students as she passed. Pomona, smiled and returned the greeting and moved towards the Great Hall. Just outside the Entrance Hall, she ran into Poppy Pomfrey also on her way to a bit a breakfast.

"Good Morning Poppy, beautiful day isn't it,?" greeted Professor Sprout as her mind strayed to Greenhouse Two, where she would be tending Mandrakes this morning with her Second Years.   

Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

amazing work, shelly! looking forward to reading about remus! (if you're planning to write about him, that is)

sareeta thumbnail
Shelly - You know, we , the readers have been introduced to the professors of Hogwarts as old and wise ones, who have seen so much , including their appearences, that is it is hard to picture them different ! Jus as Harry finds a picture of younger Dumbledore just as odd or strange when he finds it in the book by Rita Skeeter!

It certainly leaves a lot to imagination if one wishes to do so, although for me the professors were fine jus as they were - except that I have always loved the way Minerva Mcgonagall conducted herself! I loved the air that surrounds her! Such fantastic control of emotions and yet the command without really being too obvious about it! Unnvering and something makes you look at her in awe!

Wonder if you could write about her though! About how she might have been ... et all...

cezzurockz thumbnail
wow this is really nice n even i want smthg on professor lupin
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Really awesome work! I loved reading this!👍🏼 Could I, if you don't mind, write about Professor McGonagall?😃
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Never mind, I don't feel like writing about Prog McGonagall anymore. I'd much rather read what your wrote!😃
shellytt thumbnail
Originally posted by: godisone

Really awesome work! I loved reading this!👍🏼 Could I, if you don't mind, write about Professor McGonagall?😃

You are more than welcome to write on Prof. Mc Gon, as I don't know when I'll update this FF, so your post would be more than welcome and I'm sure that we'll all enjoy reading!!!

Anyone else want to write about any of the other professors, you are more than welcome to do so and post here!😃
shellytt thumbnail

Here's an update by special demand. The next installment will be on Professor McGonagall

Professor Lupin

It's the full moon tonight. Those were the first words across Remus Lupin's mind as he arose on this cold winter morning. Nevertheless the day awaits. My first years have that quiz this morning and the NEWT students are fighting that Dementor this evening. A full day ahead for his students.

Rising from his bed Professor Lupin made his way to the window to look out at the castle grounds. Seeing Hagrid going about his game-keeping duties, his mind wandered back to a time when full moon mornings were more fearful and anxious for him. But now, with Professor Snape's potions, he can now have a sense of peace during his transformations.

My furry little problem. The memory that suddenly popped into his mind made him smile. A bittersweet memory of times and adventures gone by. Those memories seemed to be coming at accelerated speeds now that he was back on Hogwarts grounds. And his memories of James seemed to be clearer as he looked at his spitting image in his son.

Shaking his head slightly as if to clear the cloud of memories, Professor Lupin went about the normal morning routine, as though preparing for a normal day ahead. A knock sounded at the door, as he threw on his Cloak and prepared to leave.  Opening the door, he saw as expected a grim looking Severus at his door.

"Good Morning Lupin, Your potion." Snape said in a curt and formal tone.

"Good Morning Severus, Thank you very much for this. I was just about to head to the Shack for the day. You are taking my classes as usual, I suspect. Remember the first years have that quiz on mythical creatures this morning and the Bogart for the Dementor conflicts  is in the corridor on the seventh floor, in the store cupboard next to the armor."

"I know Lupin, you may not have realized but I have been teaching for a long time." sneered Snape.

Smiling, Lupin responded " I know Severus, but I am very concerned about those classes this morning. Please indulge me. And one more thing, my third years have informed me that you have not been following our lesson plan, I know that it may be difficult, with such an intelligent and enthusiastic bunch, especially that Ms. Granger, but please stick to the plan I have set for the day."

Snape didn't answer, but turned on his heel and stalked down the corridor towards the dungeon. Lupin meanwhile drank the contents of the goblet that Snape had brought him, ensured that his cloak was fastened and hurried down to the Entrance Hall and out into the grounds before the students were up and about. As be reached the head of the Grand Staircase unnoticed, he saw Pomona Sprout heading towards her quarters to get ready for the day.

Quietly slipping out into the grounds, Professor Lupin made his way to the Whomping Willow, where he was now prepared to spend his day and most importantly night.

anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
🤗
wonderfull shelly.....

i really feel bad for Prof. Lupin...he is one of my fav characters
Edited by anuradhasharma - 15 years ago
vid_hurry thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
These 2 stories were really amazing. Hope u'll continue soon with more stories