•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is one of my favourite serials produced by Balaji Telefilms and telecast through STAR Plus. My family say that I have been addicted to it. If KBC was the cake, then KSBKBT was the perfect icing on the cake. The star attraction in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is Tulsi, the Badi Bahu in the Virani family. She is Smriti Z Irani in real life, highly educated. There are many beautiful women in the small screen, but her beauty is of a different kind. Her beauty has a devine charm, which she radiates with her broad smile. She looks more beautiful when tears wet her rosy cheeks. Kyunki Saas… is about Tulsi's battle to teach the trio a lesson. I admire the keen sense of judgement of young Ekta Kapoor for chosing Smriti and Amar for playing the roles of Tulsi and Mihir respectively.Tulsi and Mihir are the main protaganists of this serial and also they are the ideal couple. 

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is supposed to be one of the most popular and watched serial on the Indian Television,but i fail to understand what's so special about this so called perfect family drama. The characters(esp Mihir,Tulsi,J.D,Ba,Hemant) are so unbelievable and sweet. In this fast paced and selfish world where do you find such people who are all there for each other.I cannot identify with these characters. This T.V.serial (epic)is about Virani parivar which resides in a very very big house in Mumbai. This family gives a lot of stress on family values and nobody is allowed to break the traditions. All the ladies of the house are pativrata and pati is parmeshwar for them. Some characters in this serial are easily forgotten about for a long time and also conviniently brought back into the serial according to the need of the story. If the trps are down an old character long forgotten is brought back and this old character comes back only for revenge. The child playing the role of Mihir-Tulsi's daughter is too brilliant for her age. The direction is good.The story is excellent (nowadays).Cinematography is par excellence.
          The acting of everyone is good,Sumeet sachedev as Gautam is brilliant in acting and looks handsome too,Shobha is good too though she needs to change her wardrobe,Tulsi is great as always......though her rona dhona continues like before but it looks good on her and Payal in a negative character is superb,she brings in a lot of excitement to the serial.
          The one thing i like about Ekta kapoor serial is that she has brought in back the importance of living in a joint family through her serial and also the importance of Indian values and customs which is fast vanishing. Anyone who can afford to memorise all the characters and their duties should watch this serial. On the whole, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is a worth watching serial by which one would learn many things.Everytime the Virani have to face problems but at last they solve it.This teaches us that this is life. Good going Miss Ekta kapoor you sure are a intelligent buisness woman,you sure knows the pulse of the Indian audience and however much they may hate you,they still watch your serial and love it too.

Tulsi hspace10