Balika Vadhu

BV 09th Oct Written Update

i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
09th Oct Update: Gehna's first night at sasural and the aftermath

episode starts with Gehna entering her room. Baisa is seen sitting in a chair. he is also seen to be quite drunk. Gehna stops at the door. Baisa calls to her to enter. When Gehna hesitates Baisa calls a bit harshly for her to enter. Gehna slowly enters and goes to touch her husband's feet. When she leans down to touch his feet Gehna sees the sharaab bottle on the floor. When Gehna abruptly stands up Baisa tells her that times have really changed. In earlier days the bride waits for the groom but now i have to wait a long time for the bride to come. In the drunken state Baisa gets up from the chair and goes near Gehna. Seeing that the door is open, he changes the track and goes and locks the door. A fear Gehna stands up from where she was stting in the bed.  Baisa comes back to Gehna and tells her that he is happy that she is so shy. She definitely passed in the first test. He further says that the true jewels a girl possesses is her laaj and sharam. Her parents have named her well.

Baisa lets Gehna sit in the bed. Baisa tells her that he can understand the shyness but why is she so afraid and shaky. Gehna doesnt have to fear anyone as she is the eldest bahu of the house.  Baisa tells Gehna about his first wife. She was also shy but always used to say yes/no directly. Gehna shoudlnt have shyness as she is of the modern world. Baisa tells Gehna that he is her husband who has wedded her infront of everyone. Hence there shouldnt be any shyness towards him. Baisa brings Gehna closer. While Gehna lies on the bed one of her bangles drops to the floor and gets split.  (Poor Gehna😭😭😭 this is only the beginning🤢 i hope she gets the strength to overcome all this😕)

Anandi is coming with a tea tray and mumbling to herself. She is talking to herself that the new thaiji hasnt woken up though its very late. Anandi talks about how much she wants to talk with thaiji, her village, siblings and friends. She will feel good if Anandi talks to her. Otherwise like Anandi she will think of her parents and cry all the time. Anandi comes and bangs on the door calling her thaiji. Gehna who is sitting in the bed gets jerked. She seems to be in some pain. She walks with difficulty to the door and opens it.  Anandi informs that she has brought masala tea. Seeing the flower arrangements on the bed an excited anandi asks Gehna who did all this. Gehna looks shattered. Anandi then notices some red marks on both of Gehna's hand. She asks Gehna how she got these marks. (Anandi the reporter is back😃 she cant keep her mouth shut)
When Anandi insisted Gehna tells her that when she was removing the bangles she got hurt. Anandi advices her to apply soap so that it gets removed easily. Anandi sees one more bruise on Gehna's neck. She tells Gehna that she knows how this must have come. Gehna must have had a fight with thauji and he has hit her. Anandi says all the husbands are like that. One of her friends husband also used to beat her and her (anandi's) jagya too is a big nuisance though he has never hit her. Anandi starts giving Gehna advice that next time thauji hits her then she too gives answer. Just then baisa comes and tells anandi to leave since she came to give tea only. He says that with the sun rising even Anandi's mouth too opens. Anandi leaves the room and the door gets closed behind her. While leaving Anandi says that thauji has hit thaiji and like maasa he is also bad. (Very true words..There are only two villains in this story. maasa and baisa😆)
Anandi tells sumitra to come and check on Gehna as she has so many small marks in her body indicating that she is very hurt.  Sumitra gets very sad hearing this. Maasa is heard calling for sumitra to hurry up. Sumitra sends Anandi away and is seen very distressed. The morning pooja starts. Not seeing Gehna, maasa tells sugna to fetch her thaiji. Just then Gehna enters. She is still having difficulty in walking. Maasa goes near her and asks her why she has come in a state with no jewelery and dressed so shabbily. Since now she is the bahu of such a well of family she has to dress up nicely. Otherwise people will talk about this and thier reputation could get tarnished. Maasa tells Gehna that this should not get repeated and also that she has to come promptly for all the pooja's. Maasa brings Gehna forward and tells Sumitra to give the thaali to Gehna.

While giving the thaali Sumitra sees the mark on Gehna's neck. Gehna takes the thaali but due to all what she has endured the thaali falls from her hand. Maasa angrily asks Gehna whether she is feeling better. Now only maasa sees the bruises on Gehna. On a milder tone maasa covers Gehna's bruise on the neck and says that Gehna has become tired because of all the travelling and moving to a new house. (I just cant believe she is covering the whole thing up😡 She should be yelling at her son instead🤢) Maasa send Gehna to her room to rest. Sumitra is informed by Maasa to make a new thaali. After making a new thaali the pooja starts. Sumitra recalls Anandi talking about Gehna's bruises. The episode ended in the pooja.

Preview: Sumitra enters thauji's room and discovers Gehna crying near the bed. Sumitra comes and ask her what the matter is. A distressed Gehna starts crying on Sumitra's shoulder.

Link to the video: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1054878
This is one of the saddest episodes i have seen of this show. Even after seeing the bruises maasa just ignored them. Infact she went on to cover them so that others wont see them🤢 Like i thought Gehna became the new victim in this house😭
Plz leave your comments and forgive me for any mistakes😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-aditi- thumbnail
thankoooo so much for the greatttt update!feel soooooooo sad for gehna:(((((((((adi sa too is a woman she should understand everything buhhh she dont in any cause!!!!!!!!!!
a_b thumbnail
The episode that was shown today on balika vadhu shows how shameless and unkind is todays world where an 18 year old girl is being literally harassed mentally and physically by her very old husband. I felt ashamed to see todays episode it made me burst with anger but alas in some areas of India this still is a hard core reality. Why does this happen in todays world?😡
noodles thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Today's episode was really sad. It's a shame that these things still happen today.

I wonder what Sumitra will do to help, because if she doesn't act, Basant would do the same thing every day 😕 Ughh Poor Gehna...

Thanks for the update
daddysgirl786 thumbnail
thanks!!

i don't think sumitra will be able to do anything. didn't bhaisa say he wouldn't drink after marriage before? whats wrong with him😡
hiral_anju0930 thumbnail
thanks for the update... i must say, wonderful acting by ghena... 
i just hope that ghena doesnt end of killing her self with all the physical and mental torture....
bravo to anandi for her wonderful timing of dialogues...