Special Squad

"I carry a book in my car even when am ou

Anoli thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

"I carry a book in my car even when am out shopping!"

Books are said to be man's best friend, and Gauri Pradhan proves this adage right to a T. "They are a source of enlightenment and have taught me a lot" exclaims Gauri. She tells Chikita Kukreja that she used to find reading boring at some part of her life in the past but now she carries a book with her even if she is out shopping.

I love reading all kind of books.

Which is your favourite book?
I like fiction as well as non fiction. Am fond of reading all kind of books because every author has a new approach to life and leaves a different impact on an individual. I loved The Alchemist and 11 minutes by Paulo Coelho.

What did you like most about the book?

Paulo is a great writer and I would recommend everyone I know to read his writings for sure. I like every line in his books; the language is not at all flowery, easily understood and simple and yet delivers a beautiful message.

What are you reading at present?
At present I am reading Gandhiji's autobiography My Experiments with Truth. It gives a glimpse into Indian culture and living on the path of truth and non violence.

'My experiments with truth' is a book i would recommend all to read.

The book has exceptional revelations of Gandhiji's own life, his experiences, his beliefs and the milestones of his career.

Who recommended you to read it?
This is the second time I am reading this book; the first time was when I was a kid and my dad forced me to read it. But this time I am reading it of my own will. Everything is great and incredible about Mahatma Gandhi, to learn and follow in one's life. You can say it's a Bible or Gita for the ones who follow it.

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters