HIV test before marriage..

vinay_k101 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Well..

i read so many topics here abt Live-Ins, Virgin/Non-Virgin etc... but theres 1 thing many ppl havent thot abt it.. lets c ur views...

now a days HIV s on d rise... n then ppl r acceptin non-virgins as their husband/wives.... bt wat if d person s infected wid HIV virus... it can happen due 2 other reasons as well except unsafe sex... so shld there b an AIDS test before marriage...? but in our society, if a person wld ask for it, other person may take it offensively.... very offensively rather.... so its practically not possible here....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
A very intelligent topic Vinay ( expected from a Depsite ofcourse)
Yes in our society we make a huge fuss about getting ourselves tested for HIV. Especially if its an arranged marriage .....imagine the ladke wala asking the girls parents that the want this test . OMG !! They will freak and start bringing in character witnesses to prove that their girl is pure and if the girls parents asked the guy .....he'll probably break the rishta . Its taken in a wrong way in our culture . Its like you are trying to say " we don't trust you kid...so we must be sure " Sadly i don't see it happening !!
I certainly wish people in our society would change their attitude about million things .But probably in time it will matter !!
Nishani thumbnail
I already told my boyfriend that we must both go for an HIV test before we're married....thank heavens he is open-minded and did not take offence.

We don't have a guilty conscience of whether we could have it or not.....it is just for peace of mind to know our HIV status.

We both had ours done a few weeks back and it came back negative. We will do it again just before we're married.

I think it is imperative that people should know their HIV status before they're married.
Barnali thumbnail
our society is such tht it wuld not tk this view very lightly. in most cases there's bound to b a big hue and cry if this is proposed. so i don't thnk it'll ever hapen here in our society.

yes some frank independent mind people will agree to it. who knws this may finally strt a trendsetter later? it may finally gt accepted if many young people strt doing it wth mutual understanding.

in my view its good because this way you bth will feel much safe. it is beneficiaL for bth.

ME_T thumbnail
yes. but what about a person who's test comes out positive? how would they feel if they could not marry there love bcoz of there diesease?
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: ME_T

yes. but what about a person who's test comes out positive? how would they feel if they could not marry there love bcoz of there diesease?

being HIV + is not like having diabetes or something . Its a killer disease , no body who loves someone will want to kill his or her partner . You do know that it gets passed on through bodily fluids !!
uma_shanmugam thumbnail
Ya its advisable to do the test. But at the same time depends on the couples thinking. In arranged marriage it is not tht convenient, bt love marriages its possible. Unless the gov, make it compulsory for test cert prior the legal marriage.
ugababe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

great topic!!! something i've actually thought of many times.. I think this should be an issue between the guy and girl. Parents shouldn't get involed. I guess its easier to say since I live in the US!! it would probably be much harder in India. I still think an individual should have enough courage to go up to there fiance and ask them to go through the test with them, its something two people beginning a new relationship should be able to do together. I'm open minded when it comes to arranged marriages even though i live in this country and if thats something I'll have to face then I would definetly ask the guy to go through this step with me. I think another good idea is to go and give blood together. that way your not putting yourself in a uncomfortable position. the two of you can later discuss the results. Plus you'll be saving lives too :)

*Khushi*

Edited by ugababe - 18 years ago
anjali.nair thumbnail
It would be good to have Elisa test and all sorts of blood tests before marriage. Actually government should make it necessary because it is very difficult to ask someone to take these if you love or like that person😛.

I feel sorry for people who get infected with HIV virus with no fault of theirs like through blood transfusion and those infants who contracted from their mothers. Good to know that it is possible to cure HIV infected people if detected earlier and before this virus damage enough T-cells and develop into AIDS.

If you guys come to know that someone you love is HIV+ and is getting treated then would you still marry this person? Or support him emotionally without marriage? I think something of this sort was discussed here earlier. Not sure🤔
vinay_k101 thumbnail
hmmm...
well... marrying a person infected wid HIV even thoh v love him/her s not practical n wise decision.. v may consider this decision blinded by the emotions..
Obviously i wont leave that person after knwin that she s infected wid HIV... i wld rather hope that she s cured n support her all her life....