College & University

GOTW: Sciene and tech game - Page 4

_rajnish_ thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: akhl

Rajnish,
I thought marks are given to the first person, who gives correct answer. Anyway, 5 points to Sita di too.
Your answer regarding atomic mass and mass number is correct. So 5 points to you too.

I think you are right. this will be unfair to give marks to more than one person one same question so i will not count the points which has been given to member on question which already answered. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_rajnish_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bhopalyellow

@ sita di....ur ans. is right sita di....so 5 points to u......๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘wase it was easy for u coz we both r the sawaries of the same kashti๐Ÿ˜†......wase i know how it feels when we don't  get selected in PMT๐Ÿ˜ญ ....even i cudn't clear my 1 st attempt coz i was preparing for  12th board also.......wase even i'm more interested in MBBS...and not in BDS.......wase i was surprised to know that even u r a bio student....same pinch.....๐Ÿ˜†

@ rajnish bhaiya.......i'm not good at comp. but i think ur  ans. is....

Modem is short form of modulator-demodulator . It is an electronic device used in computers.IT'S USES - it converts a computer's digital signals into specific frequencies to travel over telephone or cable television lines. At the destination, the receiving modem demodulates the frequencies back into digital data. Computers use modems to communicate with one another over a network.

ok my question is what type of drugs r used in medicines  ?

you are right 5 points to you. If you want I can explain the funtioning of modem in detail๐Ÿ˜Š.
I am not answering your question because i don't know the answer๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
_rajnish_ thumbnail
                                                         points so far
Avinash-20  (assuming godison gives 5 point for palladium question and tan gives 5 point for heater and not counting 10 point of refrigerator and lanthanide series as these question has already answered)

Rajnish-20( after not counting transformer 5 points)

jasleen-9

Tannishta-5

sita-5(after not counting refrigerator and baby bone points)

godison-4(after not counting 5 points for IC engine question)

Edited by rajnish_here - 15 years ago
_rajnish_ thumbnail
next question-
What is difference between AM and FM??

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

AM stands for amplitude modulation and FM for frequency modulation.
With AM radio, the amplitude of signal (carrier wave) is varied to transmit various kinds of information about sound.

With FM radio, the frequency of signal is varied for the transmission.

FM uses higher frequency than AM. With FM, frequency is of the order of hundred MHz and with AM it is of the order of a few hundred to thousand kHz. I am not giving exact values here because it has more to do with government regulations than to science.

The strength i.e. intensity of signal depends on amplitude. Intensity is proportional to square of magnitude of amplitude. (Note: We need to take magnitude because the amplitude is the amplitude of electric field, which is a vector quantity.)

Because of various disturbances, the signal loses some strength. In other words, its amplitude changes. This affects the quality of the signal being transmitted. So, this is a problem with AM.
FM does not suffer from this problem because accurate value of amplitude is not so important for FM.

akhl thumbnail
Next question:-
A book is kept on a table. The table is pushed towards north. The book does NOT slide on the table, which means it moves with the table.
What is the direction of the force of friction on the book by the table? Why do you think this is the direction?
Edited by akhl - 15 years ago
akhl thumbnail
Rajnish,
Update points for bhopalyellow also. She answered the modem question.
_rajnish_ thumbnail
well answered avinash 5 points to you. avinash jasleen is bhopaliyellow. her name is jasleen and username bhopaliyellow. she answered two question one of transformer and other of modem so i gave her 10 points
your answer
Well i cannot draw the FBD here so let me explain. as we move table towards north due to inertia the book will try to remain in its position which means the relative motion of  book wrt table is towards south. so the force of friction acts towards north. this force of friction is reason why the book moves towards north together with table.

my question
what is the difference between hydrogen bomb and atom bomb?
LeadNitrate thumbnail

as three of you answered my question i am giving points to you all

at rajnish: well explained , m proud of u my boy๐Ÿ˜† points:5

at akhl:  you get 5 points for deatiled and proper explanation

at bhoplayellow: its not a problem as long as u answer correctly,
you get marks however as there was a little less accuracy i give u 4

@ rajnish:
do i get marks? i dint see it
_rajnish_ thumbnail
hey tannishta i gave you marks ๐Ÿ˜› full 5 points