Other Topics

Happy Deepavali! - Page 2

girivanam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Happy Deepavali to all IF buddies! Yes Eljay, we can definitely share.

We have made thengai burfi now. Nalaikku ottupakodam and then-kuzhal and gulabjamoon😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wishing all of my friends here and your loved ones a wonderful and happy Festival of Lights. May it bring you all the happiness and joy that your heart desires.

Eljay, great idea. My mum finished making all the palagarams - murukku, paite urundai, athirasam, omapodi. We got palkova, halwa and london almond cookies. We are also having open house for our friends on Divali day, so we'll be very busy. For the second year running, Diwali does not fall on Amavasai, so we'll be having non-vegetarian feast- chicken, mutton etc and loads of drinks. So looking forward to it.

kadhambari thumbnail
Eljay maa,its a gr8 idea..........me along with my friend made..murukku,ribbon pakoda,7 cups,gulab jamoon&adhirasam.......2row im planning 2 try badushah,god only knows how will it end up.   Fab india opened a store in s'pore recently.......so i bought a kurta & a cotton top 4m fab india.kurta is cream & pink colour & my jeans top is black color with red checks in it(i know it z DMK color but i love black).   we friends are going 2 meet up on diwali & planning 2 go 2 temple.i used 2 make idli vadakari 4 diwali,so planning 2 do dat this time also.afternoon lunch will be simple.i will make some sweet 4 prayer on diwali day......may be asoka halwa or some payasam...not yet decided.
eljay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: giriadimai

Happy Deepavali to all IF buddies! Yes Eljay, we can definitely share.

We have made thengai burfi now. Nalaikku ottupakodam and then-kuzhal and gulabjamoon😊

What is ottupakodam? I have made ribbon pakoda, but never heard of this. I made, with some assistance, of course, kesar biscuits. My chithi made some thenkuzhal, but unfortunately, it has all been consumed, so I am thinking of getting someone (no prizes for guessing who?)to help with making some ribbon pakoda and corn flakes mixture.

But I can hardly wait to wear my black silk embroidered sari! I would have loved to wear the green designer sari, but you-know-who has it in her closet now! I do hope she is reading this message of mine and decides to mail it to me! My sister has a couple of saris to choose from, appa has a shirt, hubby has a shirt, chithi gets a sari and chithappa gets a shirt, older son and dil have been told to pick clothes of their choice, and we send them a check and younger son will get his gift when he comes home on Nov 11th. I will probably buy him a sweater.

eljay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Karthikka

Wishing all of my friends here and your loved ones a wonderful and happy Festival of Lights. May it bring you all the happiness and joy that your heart desires.

Eljay, great idea. My mum finished making all the palagarams - murukku, paite urundai, athirasam, omapodi. We got palkova, halwa and london almond cookies. We are also having open house for our friends on Divali day, so we'll be very busy. For the second year running, Diwali does not fall on Amavasai, so we'll be having non-vegetarian feast- chicken, mutton etc and loads of drinks. So looking forward to it.

Sounds like a mega party to me! Open house, huh? You will have people all day long - I hope you have enough food. One of our Gujarati friends does it here, and she starts preparing for it a month in advance. Hats off to your mother for doing all the palagarams you have named. My family is lucky to be getting kesar biscuits and corn flakes mixture.

jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Happy diwali to all. Please don't forget the poor.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=941252&TPN=22
elika thumbnail

🥳 HAPPY DEEPAVALI,  🥳

TO ALL INDIA-FORUMS FAMILY MEMBERS  
                        HAVE A GREAT YEAR AND JOY
                                   GOD BLESS ALL

FR:Mrs.Revindran
elika thumbnail

🥳
HAPPY DEEPAVALI,  🥳

TO ALL INDIA-FORUMS FAMILY MEMBERS  
                        HAVE A GREAT YEAR AND JOY
                                   GOD BLESS ALL

FR:Mrs.Revindran
Dits thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Happy Diwali to alllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
girivanam thumbnail
Wow Kads,

u have a long list. Eljay ottupakoda is another name for ribbon pakoda😊