Kyunki court hearing till November 3(article)

zaara019 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
                                      kyunki........
             Kyunki court hearing till November 3

After receiving a one-month termination notice from Star TV, Balaji Telefilms producer of the TV serial 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' has filed an application in the Bombay High Court seeking a stay on the notice.

But the vacation bench of the High Court has refused to grant a stay, adjourning the hearing till November 3.

Star, which has been airing the serial for the last eight years, sent a termination notice to Ekta Kapoor-headed Balaji Telefilms on October 10 saying the serial's TRP ratings had been falling since July 2008.

Star's counsel Ravi Kadam said that there was a clause in its agreement with Balaji which provides for ending the serial if TRP ratings plummet.

But Balaji's argument before the High Court is that Star did not do enough to promote the serial through advertising.

It also contends that the agreement provides for approaching an arbitration panel in case of a dispute.

Both parties are supposed to appoint an arbitrator each, but Star has not appointed one, it said.

Kadam said he was not able to reveal whether Star would prefer an arbitration instead of fighting out the case in the High Court.

The serial, which has a fan following even in Afghanistan according some media reports, is credited with spawning a whole new genre of family-centered TV serials.

Edited by zaara019 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pasha84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
comeon  i think kyunki should stop & i think she had dragged a lot

she should stop her serial wid the respect that it lasted fro 8 yrs & wid good trp

ekta is fighting a lost battle

second_chances thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i guess im the only one whose on her side with this.............
architpatnaik thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i dont want kyunki to be end