Kasamh Se (Kasam Se)

All articles on PD here... - Page 10

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Prachi Desai: No bath-tubbing with her life partner!

Rock On girl, Prachi Desai wasn't in a rocking state of mind on hearing about her bath-tub scene with...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rose12 thumbnail
 prachi is walking the ramp for vivah 2009 in a baby pink lehgha
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Prachi Desai: Everyone loves me as wife

After last year's Rock On cutie pie Prachi Desai is back with Life Partner, which is quite a big project as it has been produced by Abbas Mustan. She talks about being an expert at playing a wife, working with Genelia and not going back to TV.

What is your role in Life Partner?
I play a married woman! It's not that I am married from the beginning till the end. I play a Gujarati girl, from a royal family. She is educated, knows the world, smart and modern yet she is very attached to her family and believes in the traditional value system. She runs her father's business and believes in the institution of marriage and is a dutiful wife. It's a mad film more so because you have great actors like Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Fardeen Khan who have an impeccable sense of comic timing.

You already know Tusshar. How was it working with Genelia?
Oh! She is a darling. We have become quite a friend. We really got along well on the sets and were like pranksters.

It has been a year since Rock On released.
It's exactly a year now. I am really happy about the way it changed my career, my plans and everything around me. But I am not resting on my laurels as I plan to do a number of roles. It has been a great year so far.

You played a wife in Rock On and are doing the same in Life Partner.
I think not only the audiences but the directors too have started loving me as a wife. But on a serious note Life Partner is one film I really wanted to do because of the script and the role. It's just a coincidence that so far I have always played a married woman on screen. But I too now want to do films, where I can play other roles. It's time now that I should take this into concern.

You have always been married on screen. Won't you get typecast?
To be honest I am very conscious about that. I think before I did films, the directors had seen me only as a married woman on television. But I can't deny that it's because of television that I am here today, got so many good roles and now I am looking forward to a steady career in Bollywood. Actually, most people still can't guess my age or may be they are completely unaware that I am only 20 years old. They have always seen me in a saree and with sindoor on my forehead. So it's also not their fault. I too want to play my age and very soon you will see me doing that. At the same time I also think it's a great achievement for me to have played roles of older, married women which otherwise is played by senior actresses with years of experience.

Do you feel like going back to TV? What is Ekta Kapoor asks you?
I miss TV but I won't go back for a while. Ekta Kapoor is my mentor and my friend. I take suggestions from her and she is always there for me. She knows what I want so she won't ask me to go back to TV

What are you doing next?
I have Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, another film and a few more that I will sign. I am very excited.

Link  http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090811_54

ar78655 thumbnail
Prachi's wild encounter

Prachi Desai recently had one of the most adventurous experiences in life, while shooting for her forthcoming film Life Partner in South Africa. The entire team of the film was shooting for a song in a reserve forest when two cheetah cubs made an appearance - and the director decided to cast them, too! Prachi and co-star Tusshar Kapoor came across the two cheetah cubs playing around while shooting for the song.

Tusshar liked them as much as Prachi was scared of them. Director Rumi Jaffery spotted the opportunity and decided to make the cubs the part of the sequence.

Said a terrified Prachi, "First I thought it is a joke, but later I was completely petrified and informed Rumi about my apprehension. Everybody tried convincing me that they were just cubs and will cause no harm to me.

" Finally, they convinced her and the cubs managed to make their Bollywood debut.

Link  http://in.news.yahoo.com/32/20090812/1070/ten-prachi-s-wild-encounter.html

niveditha thumbnail

niveditha thumbnail

Prachi Desai is new face of Neutrogena cosmetics in India

Bollywood actress Prachi Desai is the new face of international cosmetics brand Neutrogena in the Indian market.

niveditha thumbnail

Life Partner Success Bash hosted by Tushar Kapoor
ar78655 thumbnail
Knotty!     

Genelia D'Souza and Prachi Desai tell us what they don't want from their life partners

An interview with Genelia D'Souza and Prachi Desai turns out to be talk-a-dozen girly banter. Bubbly and upbeat about their forthcoming film Life Partner, the actors take on some fun questions with high-pitched 'Oohs' and 'aahs' and wacky answers. Over to the girls...

The usual question... what do you expect from your life partner?
Genelia: Nothing much really... but Prachi expects a lot.
Prachi: After experiencing all kinds of life partners from Ram Kapoor to Farhan Akhtar to the very sad character of Bhavesh, played by Tusshar Kapoor, I expect a lot from my life partner. I can write a book on marriages now. I will see to it that my guy will not have any problems.
Genelia: (To Prachi) As if you are going to ask the guy, 'Do you have this problem? If it's a yes, you'll say, 'Get out.'
Prachi: (Laughs)

If he has a bad sense of humour...
Genelia: Oh nooo!
Prachi: Once when we were shooting in Cape Town, it was a funny afternoon and we were filming some sad scene. We were in the van most of the day and were called to the sets in the evening. Fardeen came up to us and asked, 'Who was screaming so loudly from the van?'
Genelia: (Laughs) Ya, and it was both of us. We were talking to ourselves... really loudly.
Prachi: Even if we are alone in a room, you can still hear us talk.
Genelia: We are scary. (Laughs)

If he turns out to be a mama's boy?
Prachi: Ooh, I think I will strike him off the list.
Genelia: You can't expect the guy to suddenly disown his mother. But if he takes her permission to even have tea, then there's a problem.
Prachi: It becomes a problem when the mother interferes.

What if he's addicted to saas bahu serials?
Prachi: (joyously) Yaaayy!
Genelia: (Incredulously) You think a man is addicted to such serials? No way!
Prachi: I would like my guy to love movies. Some compatibility there.
Genelia: For me, it's important to have a conversation with the guy. Rest is okay. Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be good looking, rich... (laughs)

What if he is a miser?
Prachi: (Makes a face) I think I would have enough dinners with him to see if he makes me pay.
Genelia: Miser? Not accepted. Can't handle anyone saying 'okay, pay the bill'.
Prachi: Yaaa, and we girls spend three-fourth of our money on bags and shoes.
Genelia: Ya, not allowed.

What if his ears start sprouting hair?
Prachi: Hai! Hai!
Genelia: (Laughs) When we do find our life partners, we will give you in-depth details.

Do you like guys with moustache?
Prachi: No, I don't.
Genelia: I don't mind the grunge look. I don't mind stubble. I think it looks hot on guys. I am not sure if I will be okay with the moustache though.

What if you discover the guy is a kleptomaniac?
Prachi: Hai! Hai!
Genelia: (Protesting with a smile) You are only giving us negative options.

Okay, here's a positive on... What if the guy has a musical snore?
Genelia: (Laughs) As if that is positive. As long as it doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night, it's okay.
Prachi: Yaaa!

Finally, what if he is a messy eater?
Prachi: Eee!
Genelia: I am a messy eater
myself. So I can't be complaining. If I eat a papad, I have crumbs all over me.
Prachi: I have a feeling that the guy I fall in love with may just have all these negative qualities you just asked us. I hope I can change him and not the other way round. (Laughs)

Link  www.mid-day.com
ar78655 thumbnail

An Article about Prachi Desai's sister Esha Desai