Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

I am happy KSBKBT is ending.....

lalitarun thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I am happy that it is finally coming to an end, although the way in which the flagship saas bahu soap has been shown the door is rather humiliating. I blame the creative heads and Ekta Kapoor for this mess and for dipping their hands in countless pies and neglecting the soaps that they had already created. Instead of paying attention to the ones at hand, Ekta and gang spread themselves thin and started an epidemic of sorts exhausting the titles that begin with K (they can still have Kaju, Kishmish, Karela....oops did I just give them an idea?)

But let me be clear, I loved KSBKBT when it first started, it was just a wonderful drama with characters that we all loved (Baa, Tulsi, Mihir) or hated (Payal, Mandira) or enjoyed (Daksha, Chirag, Hemant). At that point it was character driven and then a leap happened at which point it became plot-driven. Which was still ok, but three more leaps and innumerable family members later, it just became TRP driven, which was about 3 years ago and since then it has been on a downhill slide. The last decent story was Ansh-Nandini marital abuse which although psychotic made for good viewing. But after that, the creatives suddenly decided to sleep, actors found dozen other projects so we could only see their backs or stock reaction shot for days together!!! There were so many youngsters who had no storyline and were used like junior artists. Storylines were never resolved, actors/characters disappeared, same plots were being recycled (psychotic ex-husband from hell for each of the bahus except Damini I think), new Tulsi old Tulsi, TRP induced changes.......in all of this mess, the writers and execs forgot that the story was important too, if not more.

Let's hope Ekta wakes up and gets an attitude makeover, she will also get a fresh team of good writers who can spin a yarn and not around their necks;-) I still don't know how they will wrap everything up by Thursday, now I am sad thinking about Baa's death:-(

OK rant over (places mike down and walks away quietly)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ndn_princess thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
i dont understand 5th november's episode so can someone plz help me can someone explain me plz

thnx