23rd July Written Update

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

*Note* The written update for this episode was had not been posted . I am posting it after seeing the rerun of the episode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap :

Sandhya[Anandi's teacher] comes to know that Anandi's wedding has been fixed .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Today :

Sandhya goes to visit Anandi's parents at home , where preparations for the wedding are on in full swing. She confronts Khajan and Bhagwati about Anandi's marriage and asks them not to get Anandi married at such a young age .Khajan disagrees with Sandhya and is angry that Sandhya is telling him what to do and what not to do , he says that he is capable of taking his own decisions.

Sandhya then appeals to Bhago and says that you are a woman and you know the nature of a woman's body and soul ; do you think your daughter is ready for marriage ? Sandhya asks Bhago is she thinks Anandi can stand the trials and tribulations of marriage .

Khajan asks Sandhya why she isnt happy about such a good match being fixed for Anandi . He tells her that if she really cares for Anandi , she should be happy that Anandi's marriage is going to be into such a good family .

Sandhya says that she would have been happy , if only the marriage would have been held after 1o years. She says that Anandi is only eight years old , she is a child .

Khajan : Then you tell me what to do ... should I let such a good relation go out of my hand ?Besides , they like Anandi too.

Sandhya : Then they can very well wait...if they like Anandi , wont they wait for her to be ready ?

Khajan [sarcastically] : Yes , why not , they 'll  wait for Khajan Singh's daughter to get ready for marriage and keep their own son waiting too. Why , they arent only a good and wealthy family , but they have only one son too - a very good child .

Sandhya : How do you know that the boy is good ? He may be good now , but when he grows up , he can turn into anything - a thief,a dacoit , etc..

Khajan really loses his temper and shouts at Sandhya , telling her that she doesnt need to conduct a panchayat in his home and tells her to keep her advice to herself. He tells Sandhya to leave immediately.

Sandhya : To aap log nahi maanenge ...okay , if you will not listen to me , then I'll take the support of the law and the system . I'll never let this marriage happen.

Khajan tells her that she can do whatever she wants to and bring whomever she wants to , because he's not scared of anyone.

Sandhya leaves and on her way out , meets Anandi who is coming home happily , singing a song.

Anandi [happily]: Arre...teacher ji !

Anandi runs to Sandhya and hold her hands and twirls her around , crying 'Teacher ji teacher ji teacher ji ! "

Anandi : Aapne suna hai..my marriage has been fixed!

Sandhya[poignantly] : So thats why you didnt come to school today ?

A : You know , I got up early like everyday and got ready too , then Maa said that once your marriage is fixed , you dont go to school , and Baapu said this too , so I didnt come. Phooli had also told me that ! Besides , Maa said that once you get married , your real study is doing household work , and in school they dont teach you how to manage a homestead, so I didnt come !

Sandhya [with tears in her eyes] : So wont you miss school now ?

Anandi : Everyday I will --- *stops speaking when she realises that she cant come to school any longer*

Sandhya : Then this Teachers' Day , how will you become a teacher ?

Anandi : Simple , you just tell me what to do  , and as I have books at home , I'll prepare my lesson and teach the children . I'll go from home without telling anyone and I'll come back soon....but , where will I wear a sari ?

Khajan and Bhagwati come out .

Khajan [angrily] : There's no need for her to go to school any longer . You are our daughter's teacher and we dont want to harm you so leave please.

Bhago comes and takes Anandi away .

Inside the bedroom ,

Anandi asks Bhagwati why she cant go to school any longer

Bhagwati : Because our elders have said , once you get married , you cant go to school

A : But why Maa ?

B : Laado , after marriage you must work at home . And the knowledge you need to manage a family , your school will not give you ! Tell me , will they teach you how to make gobar cakes , or how much salt to put in the vegetables , or how to make soft rotis ? No right , so you wont go to school any longer .

Then Anandi and Phooli stand outside the school compound and watch the classes going on with tears in their eyes .

------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 15 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS