Book Talk

DOTW: Can You Read Multiple Books Simulta

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Hello my Lovely Readers!!

Here is your Mahi presenting the...

Can you read multiple books at the same time?

Many people say they read multiple books at the same time because they can't deal with the curiosity of books lying in front of them that they haven't yet opened.

Others hate to read multiple books at the same time.  They say that way they can't finish either one.  So they only read one, finish it, and then start another one.

So which category do you belong to? Many books at the same time or just one?

Enjoy discussing!

-Mahi

Book Talk Dev. Team

Edited by -Mystery- - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I can do both! It depends on how tempting the books are.... if a book is really interesting then I usually finish the whole thing in one go... regardless of its length... but if it's not so good then I usually start another one to go with it and read them simultaneously :) Edited by chhilt - 15 years ago
sareeta thumbnail
I certainly fall into the second category, cant read two books at a time. There have been instances where I have left reading a book midway coz it couldnt sustain my interest, and I would shift to a differernt book or jus stop reading for sometime - but never have tried reading two books simulataneously, coz I am guess I am incapable of taking in the essence of those books at a time - I love to enjoy my reads!

But its amazing to note that pople canactually read more than 1 book simultaneously!!!

nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chhilt

I can do both! It depends on how tempting the books are.... if a book is really interesting then I usually finish the whole thing in one go... regardless of its length... but if it's not so good then I usually start another one to go with it and read them simultaneously :)

I am exactly like yourself,  Usually I read more than one book at a time. If the  book is that much good i try to read it in one go( I am married with children, usually read books in the night after doing my responsibilities) even with out having food or sleep. I can not live with out  books, they are my best friends.
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well, for me usually it's one book at a time... I have read like a chapter or two of two books at the same time but then I go for completing one book before moving on to completing the other one.

I think that I'll not be able to do justice to either book if I am not absorbed in one at a time, I guess my kind of thing.

-Mahi

madzaboutchoc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I usually read only one book at one time....if the first book is boring then i usually leave it halfway and start on another book but otherwise if there is no option of a second book then i finish the first book completely no matter how boring it is...
dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i like to read one book at a time but sometyms i cant stop myself frm opening another book like when i m reading a particular book if my frnd gives me another my kinda nice book or a book which i had been wanting to read then i'll probably open it n at least see howz da starting..moreover i really dnt get much free tym as there's so much study pressure so sometyms bcuz of shortage of tym i read two books at a tym Edited by dream - 15 years ago
-Masakali- thumbnail
Normally, I can't not finish what I am reading before  I start another one. I mean there have been very few books that I have actually hated (the plot bored me), but I could not put it down till I finished it. It's like there is something in me that says that you have to finish it (with the exception of Twilight, which I did not continue reading the first time because I heard that Breaking Dawn was coming out...I also have this obsession of reading the books in a order, and not reading the first till the next one comes out!
Khobsurat_11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Well, for me usually it's one book at a time... I have read like a chapter or two of two books at the same time but then I go for completing one book before moving on to completing the other one.

-Mahi

i totally agree with what said......

its mostly one at a time....cause i get really eager with the ending so i dont want to read two books and get really really eager to know both of the endings..and then i wouldnt know which one to finish first and know the ending.....so one book at a time for me...........

well i read two sometimes..its onlywhen i have to read a novel with the class...and one book of my own....

-Samon
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I've read multiple books at a time only when reading text books, that was to compare the notes given in various books.

As long it's novels, it's one at a time. Sometimes though I read comics in between reading a novel, but I don't think that counts.