I am in a dilemma.. To those who have read any of

"My sister's keeper" By Jodie picoult
"A great and terrible beauty" by Libba Bray
"sophie's world" by Jostein Gaarder
"the Runaway jury" By John grisham

What are your personal opinions regarding them and
Which one should i start with???
Posted: 15 years ago
I've read "sophie's world" by Jostein Gaarder  & "the Runaway jury" By John grisham. Spohie's World and its quite an emotional book, while Runaway Jury is a thriller. If you wanna enjoy a fast paced read , Runaway jury is the one, and if you want a nice emotionally gripping read - Spohie's World. It was amongst the must read lists when it was out and I remember I enjoyed the book immensely!!!
I haven't read the other three but I have bought "My sister's keeper" By Jodie picoult and after I finish "The Kite Runner" I'll be reading it so we can read it together!

But I now, Sareeta, I have to go buy Sophie's world... I like your review.

-Mahi

^^ And Mahi, based on your review and recommendation, I've picked up "My Sister's Keeper " and "Beneath My Mother's feet " as well!! 😊

Oh great, Sareeta, then we should read "My Sister's Keeper" together... I keep saying to everyone because I love it when someone else is reading the same book as me so we can talk about it at lengths.. You know it's fresh in your mind and that's when we can have the best discussions ðŸ˜³

I think I like "Beneath My Mother's Feet" because I have been introduced to that culture and I know that that really does happen... I was actually expecting a tragic end but to my surprise the end was pretty uplifting and full of hope - another reason why I like the book.

-Mahi

^^ Sure Mahi. Which one do you wanna start with first??!
Originally posted by sareeta

^^ Sure Mahi. Which one do you wanna start with first??!

Are you reading anything now? Because I have to finish "The Kite Runner" which shouldn't take more than 2 days because I have exams... Then we can start "My Sister's Keeper".

-Mahi

Originally posted by -Mystery-

Are you reading anything now? Because I have to finish "The Kite Runner" which shouldn't take more than 2 days because I have exams... Then we can start "My Sister's Keeper".

-Mahi

Sure. I would need time till weekend though to begin with my sister's keeper , since I am caught up at work with hectic deadlines!! I hope that is okay! :-) I've never done this before , but I am sure its going to be fun! :-)
Originally posted by sareeta

Sure. I would need time till weekend though to begin with my sister's keeper , since I am caught up at work with hectic deadlines!! I hope that is okay! :-) I've never done this before , but I am sure its going to be fun! :-)

Oh yeah sure, I'll be finishing up the Kite Runner... I mean you can read it at your own pace and how much the time allows... We'll end up finishing it at about the same time.. so then we'll discuss more..

-Mahi

Mahi - I've finally got off work and have been waiting to start off on My SIster's Keeper and am doing right now.

I guess I should be done quite soon and I will post in my comments soon too!

I was wondering, why not make this book, book for the fortnight discussion? What do you think?!!

Also, I jus wanted to let you know, since I cant really carry around my hard copy of the book to work and read there, I managed to find the ebook version , hunted down the same for hours and finally got it, so that I dont have to suffer wondering waht happens while I slog at work!! :-)