Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

Discussion Related to Rajeev's Bollywood Career!!! - Page 4

sippy_a thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aamna Sharif: I will call Rajeev to my Premiere

TV's sweetheart Aamna Sharif of Kahiin Toh Hoga is all set to follow her co-star Rajeev Khandelwal's footsteps and make her big screen debut in the romantic comedy Aloo Chaat.

Looking pretty as a picture in an all black outfit, the adorable Aamna speaks about the film, Rajeev Khandelwal and Aftab Shivdasani, who is rumoured to be her current beau.

"There is no aloo chaat in the film. It is about this America-returned guy and how he avoids marriage. It is a mazedaar, clean, romantic comedy for the entire family. This is my first film and I am nervous but I feel great. So far people have responded very well to us and the music. I particularly like the hip-hop track composed by RDB. Insha'allah the film will be a hit too," wishes Aamna.

Aftab and Aamna look cute together on-screen. "The credit for our chemistry goes to director Robby Grewal and Aftab, who is a very comfortable and helpful co-star" she says. So is there is anything brewing between Aftab and her off-screen? She blushes as she replies, "People keep linking me to everyone I work with. If I have anyone special, I will announce it to the world."

So will she go back to the TV world or will she focus on films now? "I won't go back to TV. I always wanted to do films and then Kahiin Toh Hoga happened; I am glad it did as it was a big break for me. There is not much difference between working in TV serials and a Bollywood film."

And lastly, will she call her co-star Rajeev Khandelwal, whom she was reportedly dating during the making of Kahiin Toh Hoga to the premiere of Aloo Chaat and has she seen his debut film Aamir? "Of course I will call Rajeev, along with my other co-stars. I have seen Aamir and I think it is a wonderful film."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sippy_a thumbnail

Money talkies

27 Feb 2009, 0000 hrs IST, PRIYANKA GEHLOT SOLANKI, TNN
    Email   Discuss  Share  Save   Text:
Art house films are no longer meant only for a niche audience, as they are fast turning into money-churners. PT does a cash count.
small is the new big: A still from the film Luck By Chance

If you were to take a closer look at the films that made a mark at the BO of late - A Wednesday, Aamir, Mithya, Dev. D, Bheja Fry, Dasvidaniya, Rock On!!, Luck By Chance, Billu and Shaurya - you'd see some shining examples of art house cinema. Today the boundary lines between art house and mainstream Bollywood cinema is blurring. So much so, that leading faces from Bollywood have trekked over and become an indelible part of art house films. And yes, the box-office returns of these films are enough to make the filmmakers/production companies laugh their way to the banks.

Abhay Deol, Gul Panag, Irrfan Khan, Neha Dhupia, Rajat Kapoor, Rahul Bose, Vinay Pathak, Ranvir Shorey, Neetu Chandra, Konkona Sen Sharma and Farhan Akhtar are some of the faces that are lighting up and making a difference to 'reality' films. Farhan made his acting debut in the small film Rock On!!, setting the cash counters ringing and got loads of critical acclaim for Luck By Chance, his recent flick. Vinay Pathak made a successful second coming in films thanks to Mithya and Dasvidaniya. Irrfan's small screen career led him to art house films, and later Life... In A Metro, The Namesake and this year's Billu. Rajeev Khandelwal, television's poster boy, chose to make his debut on 35 mm in the off-beat Aamir winning accolades galore. Konkona, a typical art house cinema darling, has been straddling commercial cinema as well along with her off-beat, realistic films. Glam girl Neetu Chandra, who'd made her debut opposite Akshay Kumar in the laugh riot Garam Masala, has made the switch to meaningful films from Traffic Signal to Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!.

The youngest Deol on the B-town block, Abhay Deol, is already being hailed as the face of art house cinema, having done films like Socha Na Tha, Manorama Six Feet Under, Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! and the most recent Dev. D. Neha Dhupia who's done hardcore commercial films before has also made a convincing balancing job with meaningful films like Mithya and Dasvidaniya, Bipasha Basu is doing her first ever art house film Pankh.

"It's a good trend that we are trying out different subjects. Thankfully art house films are selling today," feels actor Shilpa Shetty. Agrees actor Sonu Sood, "These days every form of cinema and artiste have their own audience. People are open to experimentation now."

Many industry people believe that art house films are recovering money and doing well because of multiplexes. "There was always a niche audience for small, art house films, but I think the multiplexes have done real good to us," says actor-director Rajat Kapoor.

In the end, nothing sells more than success. If art house cinema has its takers then filmmakers will feel like making more such films.
sippy_a thumbnail
Jaipur says Jai ho!
Submitted by Kiran Pahwa on Tue, 02/24/2009 - 09:07.

I have been watching the awards show on television and it is really a fabulous achievement as Indian creativity has been recognised. It is not the talking point whether the director is Indian or not, but the point is that people who really made it happen by and large were Indians. It was shot in India and its star cast was Indian. We should appreciate the effort that has brought India into limelight.—Piyush Pandey, ad guru

An Indian lyricist and music director winning the Oscar is a very good thing for the music industry of the country. With this, Indian cinema has made a big impact on the world scene and is very good for Bollywood. Though it shows India still in the slums, the story, performances and direction is world class.—Rajiv Bhatt,musician

I am extremely happy and feel proud. Indian cinema has received recognition on the international stage. The direction is fabulous and the movie is very well made. The young artists have given beautiful performances and your heart goes out to them. AR Rehman's music and Gulzar saab's lyrics have created magic and have made the country proud.—Smita Bansal, actor

I have seen the film. It is technically brilliant. I am happy for AR Rehman who is a genius. But it is not an Indian film. I would be happier the day Indian producers and directors bring out our emotions through their movies. The expressions and portrayal in the movie are much more intense than any genre of film anywhere in the world. Extensive research is what we need to learn from them. This is the only problem on the part of creative people who conceive film ideas in India. It is the same Indian talent in this film, but the approach of the producer and director is what has won that Oscar, that extensive work on screenplays, content and presentation has made Slumdog Millionaire win an Oscar.—Darshan Dave, actor

It is the rarest moment for the Indian film industry. AR Rehman deserves the award. In fact, I feel that the award should have come much earlier to him. After all, his creativity and talent has been recognised and awarded by the world finally. The film, using India's slum background, has created history. Winning eight Oscars is no mean feat. This achievement is also significant for Jaipurites as one of the actor, Irrfan belongs to Jaipur.—Ravindra Upadhyay,singer

I am so happy that the film finally got award and that too, eight awards. The whole country was desperately waiting for this to happen. Rehman has made the whole music fraternity feel pride on the achievement. I feel that it is not the recognition of few people, but it is an achievement for the whole country. It is a milestone for the Bollywood as well.—Farid Sabri,singer

It is a great honour for the nation and the film fraternity. AR Rehman has set the trend for other Indian musicians to follow. This is a wonderful achievement for the Indian film industry and I hope every year we'll keep bringing more Oscars to the country. Proud to be an Indian! —Rajiv Khandelwal, actor

sippy_a thumbnail

Chennai girl Lekha Washington comes to Bollywood

By ApunKaChoice
Fri, Feb 20, 2009 13:00 IST

Lekha Washington , a Chennai-based TV anchor and actress, has now set her eyes on Bollywood.

Beauties from south keep reaching out for Bollywood shores. After Asin and Shriya Saran , it is Lekha who's bound for the Hindi film industry. Lekha has done Tamil film 'Jayamkondan' and is presently doing another movie 'Rakkozhi' down south. She also had a cameo in 'Unnale Unnale'.

Now, Lekha has clinched a plum role in Hindi film
Peter Gaya Kaam Se , in which she is paired with Rajeev Khandelwal who made a successful transition from television to big screen with the hard-hitting film Aamir last year.

The movie, a thriller, has Lekha playing an undercover agent. To prepare for her role, Lekha is learning martial arts, bike riding and kick boxing.

Speaking to a website about her first Hindi project, Lekha said: "I am super excited about this film where I have a very interesting role."

The movie's shooting is set to begin in Goa from the first week of March
sippy_a thumbnail

One man leads; other follows is quite a normal thing in today's life.

It started with tele-actor Rajeev Khandelwal, then Aamna Shraiff and then Prachi Desai who mused the audience with her performance in Rock On. Now it's Shweta Agrawal's turn.

Shweta Agrawal who is known for her performance in the show Dekho Magar Pyaar Se is very excited working for the film and who won't be if one gets to work with the magnificent director, Vikram Bhatt.

sippy_a thumbnail
Vinod Kambli, Urvashi Dholakia face The Moment Of Truth
Ex-cricketer Vinod Kambli and television actress Urvashi Dholakia have shot for the pilot episode of the Indian version of The Moment Of Truth. The show to be aired on STAR Plus is to be hosted by Rajiv Khandelwal. Produced and directed by Siddhartha Basu, the episode was shot in Madrid, Spain. Though Basu is not willing to reveal how Kambli and Dholakia fared in the tests, he informs that they are looking for people who are honest and courageous to be a part of a revealing, dramatic and probing show. "Celebrities from different walks of life and commoners can be a part of the show. Whoever wins will be rewarded handsomely," says Basu. Unlike other game-shows in which participants are unaware of the questions that will be put to them, in TheMoment Of Truth the contestants are in the loop about the questions. "This is one show in which the participants will know everything that will be asked. The only thing is that they will be polygraphed two or three times. It is a lie-detector test, which tracks the physical changes in the body when they are answering. A participant is even allowed to change the answer in the course of the show. A mind-boggling show, it will reveal what makes us tick as individuals," says Basu.

Except for the pilot episode that was shot in Spain, the show will be shot in India. The last schedule of the show's Spanish version was being shot in Spain and STAR was keen on doing a test episode there. The international version has the host asking personal and intimate questions besides social and professional ones. For the desi version Basu has taken "the essence of the format in terms of attitude but made it distinct from the original."
_Chaya Unnikrishnan

freshface thumbnail
great news. thanks

any news about PGKS
freshface thumbnail
 i am so excited about PGKS
i hope very  come soon this movie
Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: farislove

Thanks a lots for the topic Preetoooo! 😊

Rajeev rocks all the way! 😳

how partial dii raj rock and aamna don't think her movies do well double standards and u call yr self an Aamna fan iam confuse