Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

Discussion Related to Aamna's Bollywood Career!!! - Page 4

sippy_a thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Aloo Chaat
Cast: Aftab Shivdasani, Aamna Shariff, Linda Arsenio, Manoj Pahwa, Sanjay Mishra, Kulbushan Kharbanda
Direction: Robby Grewal
Rating: * 1/2

The close-up can be a dangerous device in the wrong hands. And Robby Grewal is rather partial to focusing on Manoj Pahwa's generously proportioned chins, Aftab Shivdasani's gummy grin, Aamna Shariff's pretty pancaked face devoid of any expression and Sanjay Mishra's many over-the-top expressions. The dilemma facing them: is an American bahu worse than a Muslim one? The American is so fair, but she doesn't give a rat's ass about Indian culture. The other scores on the sanskriti scale but how will they eat food cooked by a 'Mohammedan'

This, amidst some painful episodes in the life of a conservative, decidedly unsecular, middle-class Punjabi family in Lajpat Nagar. The dilemma facing them: is an American bahu worse than a Muslim one? The American is so fair, but she doesn't give a rat's ass about Indian culture. The other scores on the sanskriti scale but how will they eat food cooked by a 'Mohammedan' (as they insist on calling her)?

Advising them is the neighbourhood sexologist Hakeem Tarachand (Manoj Pahwa), though there is no current evidence of any sex between their US-returned son Nikhil (Aftab Shivdasani), his alleged American girlfriend Nikki (Linda Arsenio) or his real girlfriend (Aaamna Shariff).

You could find this movie offensive and/or irritating if you could even begin to take it seriously. It has its stray moments, but they are more like aberrations. This is a chaat that will give you a very bad case of Delhi belly.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sippy_a thumbnail

Aftab Shivadasani's mum about Aamna

Suparna Thombare
Monday, March 23, 2009 0:06 IST
Email Email
Print
Text

Mumbai: While the whole world has gone to town linking him with Aamna Sharif, Aftab Shivadasani has chosen to maintain a silence and is not ready to tell us if he is seeing her or not.

"I have never spoken about my personal life and never will. I don't want to speak about her as of now," he says.

Though there were rumours that the duo would use the link-up for the publicity of their just-released film Aloo Chat, it's surprising that Aftab didn't come out with it in the end. "People can say anything they want. It is about the film and I want the focus to be on the film and not on us," he says.

His last few releases like Dus Kahaniyan, De Taali and Money Hai To Honey Hai sank without a trace. Even Aloo Chat isn't doing that well. But Aftab isn't insecure. He sounds upbeat about his next two releases - Acid Factory and Kambakht Ishq. "I don't regret any of my decisions. I am more or less where I want to be," he ends.

sippy_a thumbnail
Aamna Shariff on her 'gidda' experience in ALOO CHAAT

March 23, 2009 12:37:21 PM IST
Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

view ALOO CHAAT movie stills

view ALOO CHAAT movie stills

For Aamna Shariff, it was a lot of fun to be a part of 'gidda' sequence in ALOO CHAAT. Even though she is a Muslim girl, has lived most of her life in Mumbai and doesn't follow Punjabi, the film's narrative required her to act and dance while making herself comfortable in the Punjabi milieu.

''I have never spoken Punjabi in my life, though for some reasons Robby thought that I would know the language'', recollects Aamna, ''I was never even informed about the Punjabi 'gidda' sequence in the film. I think it came in later. When the song was played before me, I asked Robby if it was Punjabi. The moment he said yes, I knew there was some good work ahead since I would have to prepare myself completely for the performance.''

Needless to say, she must have had fun dancing to the number?
sippy_a thumbnail
Content Removed

Login to comment

Print

Aamnakideewani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: farislove

This is a reason and I think an other reason could be that the producer would not take a risk on releasing the film along with a release of a big banner film!........

how negative dii don't mind but 1 should talk positive what u say in raj's case check yr comment plz