~~**~Writers Block~~**~~

Catwoman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

~~Writers Block~~

As Indian Forums Writers community is constantly growing we should be assisting and guiding each other with the many problems we face when writing and helpful hints we have discovered when writing'.

This thread is designed to assist members who want to explore their creativity using words.  Note this is not a chatting post and we have places on the forum call Chat clubs for writers to chat and a PM service. This post is created for members who want to explore their writing and for Members who want to discuss there writing problems with other Writers on the forum. 

What is a Fan fiction?

It's a piece of fictional writing by an IF member who wants to explore a story using their favourite characters (TV Show/Bollywood characters) as the main lead in the story. A story can be based on a romantic tale and any subject chosen by the member. Please ensure the Fan fiction meets the Rules and Regulations of the Fan Fiction Section.

Writing a Fan fiction/ Story

All stories contain the same basic structure. They all have a beginning, middle and end, and they all have characters who must struggle through your plotline to reach a resolution.

In fact, most of them are pretty consistent in their foundations. The variances come from the individual author's own personal experiences and chosen genre.

Write from your heart, not from a misguided notion of following someone else's rules. Write what you are happy writing. Tell yourself often that what works for one writer may never work for you. But above all, keep writing. Let your own unique imagination supply the finer details.

There is no secret formula for a good Fan Fiction'. The magic is simple your passion and imagination!

~Forms of Fan Fiction~

Many can members pick the following form to writer their Fan fiction

Script format

This is when the writer will explore there writing in the following format below as an example'.

John entered the room and saw Susan and sighed

John: Susan I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you (John moved closer to Susan)

Susan: John please I don't want to discuss this! (Susan looked at him angrily)

Novel Format

This is another format that is used to explore a fan fiction. Is the novel format example below

John looked over at Susan and sighed. As he stepped close to her sensing she was upset..

"Susan I'm sorry' I never meant to hurt you," he said heavy heartily looking at her as she sat there not moving.

"John Please I don't want to discuss this!" Susan replied angrily as she turned to look at him.

Either of the above way is fine when writing a Fan Fiction. In fact as a writer you should find a format that suits you and explore your story. There is not right and wrong format. Write with what you are comfortable. In English or Hindi English but please make sure it make sense and readable for your readers.

~Plagiarism~

We have seen many posts regarding this issue on the Forum in the last couple of days and the truth is this is a growing Internet Crime. What does Plagiarism mean? Well if you goggle it on the Net you will find the answers to the question.  Basically it means to steal and pass off the words of another as your own and committing the act of Fraud.  On the IF Forum this is not acceptable and the Rules on the section have made this clear.

The Forum thrives on creative thinking and original concepts on the forum and copying members work and publish authors work is not acceptable.

~Adult contents on Fan Fiction~

With the vast age group on the forum with members all at different age groups what the rules state is that the writers are not too graphic when writing intimate pieces to progress the story line' We are all adults and know what couples do so please ensure the update is deemed appropriate and this is kept in mind.  For more information please see the link https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/861317

As a general guideline, don't write anything you wouldn't want your parents or your kids to read as the case may be. If you are going to explore your fan fiction in an adult way please ensure your language and detail is appropriate as the rules state.

~Your IF Community (The readers)~

Ok so do we know who is actually reading our stories? There is no census on the Forum and the age group you are writing for is unlimited as IF is trafficking members from different, Religion, Nationality and age groups. As stated with the Rules and Regulations make sure the rules are followed while you are writing.

All members are expected to follow the Code of conduct with one another this ensures that you as a writer are having fun on the forum as well as your readers.

Please note rules and regulations are not there to restrict your creativity. They are simply there to ensure there is no malicious conduct to the reader and the writer.

~Readers Comments~

Insist your readers to click the thank you button as well as comment. As writers we should understand that many are silent readers. Not everyone has time to comment on the forum to every FF due to time and the mere fact they may find it difficult to express themselves. So please get your readers to click on the Thank You button.  This helps you as a writer so see how many members are following your story. Those readers commenting on your fan fiction' Don't forget this is a social network and a place where we can be friendly to one another and reply back in the same way.  Readers could be encouraged to post a comment by yourself so add a comment on the bottom of the part ...requesting comments good/bad! Don't forget as writers we are mere expressing ourselves so all criticism is good.

New writers should not get disheartened if they don't get flooded with comments right away as it takes time for readers to acknowledge new writers. This does not mean that your fanfic is not good; have patience and if you can keep the readers engaged, they will start joining one by one.

~Fan Fiction Good practices~

Check Spelling and Grammar so that the update is readable to all.

When updating a part also update the Title Post

Add a Index with part number and links to the page (this helps the reader to navigate threw the story line) Use the direct link as page numbers have known to change whenever IF goes through major updates. By posting direct links, you don't have to change the links even if page numbers change.

Fan Fiction Index once your fan fiction is posted please update the details to the latest FF index.

~Useful Links~

~*The Title and Script Dhabba*~

In this thread you can reserve your upcoming Fan Fictions ….with the new concept u have by posting your title and summarizing the characters. See the post for more details.

*Words That Are Often Confused
https://lbarker.orcon.net.nz/words.html

Have fun enjoy your work and the positive feedback you get.

Love Kat & Sangeeta (bheegi) 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Catwoman thumbnail

POSTING AND EDITING A FAN FICTION

Will post soon as many member are now beginin to write ....😳
Edited by Catwoman - 15 years ago
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
thanks for this very useful post Kat and Sangeetz

Love
Hina

music.doll thumbnail
Aww Kat and sangeets how sweet of u 2 do this!! Thanx a lot dolls as it helps a lot<33 Edited by music.doll - 15 years ago
anitamalik thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Much needed post ! Thanks Sangeeta Di and Kat! = D

It's a great place for everyone to discuss their writing problems or give suggestions...

The only problem I usually have is the ?? or the boxes when you quote something like this " "...But I think IF Dev team solved the issue...

-Anita
bheegi thumbnail
Thanks Kat for all ur hard work. Hopefully they can make this a sticky so all new writers can read this.
simran1285 thumbnail
Great Idea Kat and Sangeeta, beware as you might find me in here if I start loosing interest in my own work😆
HS.KaSh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

thank u so much KAT n SNAGEETA DI

***highly appreciated***

chandni

muzic_chick247 thumbnail
Hey thanks kat and sangeeta di !!
we could really use this help !!!

Catwoman thumbnail
Originally posted by: anitamalik

The only problem I usually have is the ?? or the boxes when you quote something like this " "...But I think IF Dev team solved the issue...

-Anita

This is due to the compatabilty between MS word that members have and the one set on the SQL Server and all.... Basicly there a bug on IF which is not keeping the format and changing them after each updated post.  They are sorting out the issue and fingers cross in the re vamp it is fixed.

Love Kat😳

Sorry went Techic there for a Sec!!😆
Edited by Catwoman - 15 years ago