Book Talk

Book of the Fortnight-My Sister's Keepe - Page 2

sareeta thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey , Mahi - Was off the internet over the weekend - Was holidaying back at hometown!!

I did manage to catch up on the book and so far loved it! to be honest, just like you, I liked the switch between the narrations, although I found it a bit odd for the first 2-3 chapters, but then began to appreciate it!!!

On the rest of the points (except for the sacrifice bit) , I have to agree with ya, although, I will get into the detials later. Have to dash to work at the moment!! :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: sareeta

Hey , Mahi - Was off the internet over the weekend - Was holidaying back at hometown!! Oh wow, how was it?

I did manage to catch up on the book and so far loved it! to be honest, just like you, I liked the switch between the narrations, although I found it a bit odd for the first 2-3 chapters, but then began to appreciate it!!!  Yeah for the first few chapters, I was a bit confused too.. especially with Sara's insights because she talks about the past and it was a bit odd.

On the rest of the points (except for the sacrifice bit) , I have to agree with ya, although, I will get into the detials later. Have to dash to work at the moment!! :)  Sure, looking forward to what you have to say about the book.

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
im gonna make sure to check it out and join you guys in reading it 😊
-Mystery- thumbnail
WARNING - Spoiler!

****Please if you haven't read the book don't read my further message as it might spoil the plot of the book for you.****

Well, reading this book proved to be an emotional roller coaster ride for me!! I just wasn't expecting what happened but before I talk about that I have to commend the author Jodi Picoult for first picking such a delicate and different issue as her theme of the book and doing full justice to it!

Since the beginning I kept wondering about why she would give Kate a voice?  Why there weren't any chapters according to Kate's point of view but I realized that oh that was the point of the plot.  If Kate had been given a voice then we would have known what's going on before hand.

It's such an impactful book about human emotions and struggles that I think it's going to live with me all of my life.  I was thinking about how come after all those years Anna suddenly made that decision but we soon get to know the reason.

It's weird that sometimes when we want something and we get it and right after that it doesn't even matter whether or not we got it.  Just a cruel game of life.

The last chapter by Kate was Beautiful! It made me cry while I was reading it in a cafe amidst 50 people I didn't know.  I had to struggle to keep my eyes dry.  It was just so beauitful written... Just... I don't even have words right now to explain what I want to say.  I'll let the feelings sink in and then write more.

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail
i read about the book on wikepedia...and i cant wait to read it! sounds amazing..!
-Mystery- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Angad luver#1

i read about the book on wikepedia...and i cant wait to read it! sounds amazing..!

It is, Jessie, and I can say that because I've read it... It's a beautiful book that makes you get so engrossed in it that you forget it's already 2 a.m. and you have to go to classes tomorrow.  Do read it if you have time, such a wonderfully written novel!

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail

πŸ˜†

You also read till 2 a.m. even though  you know you have classes?? this is a very bad habit of mineπŸ˜†...the longest i've stayed up it was almost 4 and i had to wake up at 6...but i wasnt tired at all! It is just that some books get  you so deeply engrossed in it that you cant put it down!
aishwaria thumbnail
I am also reading this book right now, its an amazing book. i am loving each and every bit of it and am very curious to know what Anna does in the end
-Mystery- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Angad luver#1

πŸ˜†

You also read till 2 a.m. even though  you know you have classes?? this is a very bad habit of mineπŸ˜†...the longest i've stayed up it was almost 4 and i had to wake up at 6...but i wasnt tired at all! It is just that some books get  you so deeply engrossed in it that you cant put it down!

I know, Jessie! Oh I have gone without going to sleep at all and somehow I seem to function better when I get less sleep than when I get more sleep.  Like when I sleep for just 2-3 hours then I am much more hyper of course I crash as soon as I get home though. 😳

Aishwarya - Do post your comments when you're done!

-Mahi

sareeta thumbnail
All right Mahi! I am finally done with the book and to say the least, am struggling with mixed emotions towards the different characters of the book and more than anything else - this book gave me an insight into mindset of the readers themselves rather than the authors or writers and that is something I will always remember!!

Will get around to writing my comments in detail offline and post them here in a few hours!!

Mahi - Can't thank you enough for suggesting this book!