Theme of the Week - Friendship

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

All books would be nothing without themes... Intentionally or unintentionally all writers fill their books with hidden or obvious themes.  These themes sometimes touch our hearts and othertimes make us hate the book.  But all the more, themes are the MOST important component of a book.  Without them there's no meaning to the book.

So this week your very own Mahi is bring you the first time....

Yes! With Theme of the Week, I'll pick a theme for every week or two, and you all have to come up with the names of the books that have that theme.  It doesn't have to be a very obvious theme but any book that you think even vaguely dealt with the theme.

This week's theme is FRIENDSHIP! Yes friendship, one of the most beautiful relationships in the world... what we are all here are for!

You can put the names of the books as you think of them, it'll make the thread even more interesting! 

I'll start with "The Kite Runner." One of the most predominent themes of the book was Friendship and loyalty.  Although the firendhip wasn't discovered in its sweetest meaning, but that was one of the most important themes.

So over to you guys and gals!

Have FUN!!  

Mahi
Book Talk Dev Team

My suggestion for the theme -

December Boys - By Michael Noonan!

Friendship that stands the test of deepest desires and challenges. Loved it !!!
Another book that stands out with the theme of friendship is Harry Potter... Ron, Hermione, Harry Trio can do anything for each other.  Of course there are misunderstandings here and there but they stand up for each other all the time!

-Mahi

oh man! i was about to say harry potter! well never mind... hmmm... lol... i can only think of Babysitters Club... will edit later once i go through my massive collection!
Jessica Darling series [sloppy firsts, second helpings, etc]

It starts off when Jessica's bestfriend Hope moves away.. and now even though Jessica hangs out with her other friends [who she secretly hates] misses Hope.. but she befriends the charming and enchanting Marcus Flutie..who is the infamous druggie/manwhore of her school.

umm i think

Parvana's Journey (one of my fav books)

there was this boy..that Parvan met (i think his name was hussain)and he was with parvan for the whole time...wheather it a good time or bad...and yea
I think "Monique and the Mango Rains" deals with this theme very well too.  It's not completely a story about friendship but friendship is a big theme as a white woman from peace corps goes to Mali and works with Monique who's a "doctor" there.  And how she learns so much about her and her strengths.

-Mahi

Best Friends by Jacqueline Wilson
The Secret Life of Bees - even though the friendship will not be considered conventional.

-Mahi