Fashion and Beauty

***Celebrity of the Week*** take a peek ;

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

lol sorry for my poor rhyming in the topic heading๐Ÿ˜†
Welcome to our very first *official*

Newsletter Celebs:

Every week, we will have a celebrity of the week, who we can discuss about! That includes anything like how fashionable you think she is, what your views are about her in general, etc. etc.

**However, we will not tolerate any foul language or slating towards the celebrity*

Our Celebrity of this Week is none other than our newcomer model-turned-actress..........

Deepika Padukone!

Deepika Padukone was born to Ujjala and Prakash Padukone on January 5, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Her family moved to Banglore when she was still an infant. Deepika's father is a badminton player with a international repute. While in High School Deepika played Badminton at a state level like her father. While she was in college, she thought of pursueing her career in modeling. Over the years, she has modeled for well known Indian brand names such as Liril, Dabur, Lal powder, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca. Even Maybeline made her their internation spokesperson! She won many awards such as "Model of the Year" and "Fresh Face of the Year."

She started her acting career by starring in the music video for the song Naam Hai Tera from the independent pop album Aap Kaa Surroor by Himesh Reshammiya.
Her Bollywood debut film was "Om Shanti Om" which released in 2007. Om Shanti Om was a super duper hit and won Deepika many fans all over the world. The awards Deepika won were "Best Actress" ,
"Best Debut film," etc... were all for her mindblowing performance in OSO. Deepika's most recent film was "Bachana Ae Haseeno" starring her boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor. As of now, Deepika Padukone is working on her new movie Chandni Chowk To China opposite Akshay Kumar.

**keep in mind that offensive language against the celebrity will not be tolerated**

Feel free to discuss your views on Deepika or share any info on her that we've missed out.

QUICK FACTS:

Deepika Padukone

Date of Birth: January 5, 1986
Sign: Capricorn
Height: 5'9"
City: Copenhagen, Denmark
Mother: Ujjala - travel agent
Father: ex-badminton player Prakash Padukone
Siblings: younger sister Anisha
Education: Sophia's High School, Bangalore and she did her undergraduate studies from Mount Carmel College
Marital status: single
Sport: basketball, tennis, throw ball and baseball
Favorite style: For formal wear, it would be western-formal or the Indian sari. But on a day-to-day it's a mix of salwar and western casuals - jeans and t-shirt
Hobbies: Music, eating, sleeping, watching movies
Favourite actor:
Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan
Favourite actress: Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta, Sushmita Sen
Debut Film: kannada film Aishwarya and bollywood blockbuster Om Shanti Om
Languages: tulu, kannada, hindi, english
Acting Coach:
Anupam Kher
Favorite Movies: Dil & Devdas
Favorite Book: Little Women & 'The Kite Runner' by Khalid Hosseini
Favorite Holiday Spot: The French Riviera
Favorite Cuisine: Thai
Favorite Drink: Nimbu Panni
Favorite Perfume: Escada
Favorite Outfit: Saree
Favorite Fashion Designer: Manish Malhotra and Tarun Tahiliani
Favorite Fashion Choreographer: Alison Kanuga
Favorite Fashion Photographer: Atul Kasbekar
Residence: Mumbai in Bandra, just bought her own house in 2007

Feel free to leave comments about our Celeb and discuss =D
if you dont know what to say, here are some questions that you can reply to:

Questionss...

Did you watch OSO? What were your thoughts about the new actress, Deepika?

Are you looking forward for her new film, Chandni Chowk To China starring Akshay Kumar?

Which Actor do you think she should work with next? why?

What genre film would you like to see her do?

Do you think the Ranbir-Deepika jodi is a good jodi(as in cute couple *no bashing*)

etc...you got the idea๐Ÿ˜†

btw..i like the whole pink theme and if everyone can stick with posting in pink it would be awesome!!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

P.S....tell us how you like this new concept of Celeb of the Week...?! does it need any changes...? want to reccomend an actor/actress? etc.

Edited by Angad luver#1 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
I think Deepika is absolutely Gorgeous...i am totally looking forward to Chandni Chowk To China! Her performances in OSO and Bachna Ae Haseeno were mind-blowing...as of now she is just a newcomer but for a newcomer she is a very good actress... what do you guys think?
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I think Deepika has definitely got the spark! I can't say she's an absolutely awesome actress maybe because the roles she has done so far didn't require a lot of acting skills.  I mean like in OSO the focus was on SRK and then in Bachna Ae Haseeno she was there for like half or less of the movie.  Both the roles didn't need anything extra that she could've added to her character... Like actresses like Kajol and Rani who've proved themselves doing a whole varietry of roles.  But then again she's just new and she's got a lot more time to experiment with the different roles.

I think the last scene in OSO with Arjun and SRK and Deepika was awesome.  That was the highlight of Deepika's scenes in the movie.  She did a good job with the scene... I was amazed by that.

Overall, Deepika has got the spark and she's absolutely gorgeous but she has yet to do a role that'll impress me like other actresses have.  So all the best Deepika and I hope to see some great movies from you!

(I am posting in pink just because you said Jessie, otherwise I am usually in blue ๐Ÿ˜ณ)

-Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 15 years ago
Jess. thumbnail
Lol thanks Mahi!! i know you always post in blue and its great that you posted in pink๐Ÿ˜ƒ
and it is pretty cool to see a whole page of pink๐Ÿ˜†

I agree w/ith your first paragraph...i dont think Deepika has gotten a chance to prove herself as a good actress...hopefully in the future we see her in a variety of fims! and she wasnt even in most of Bachna Ae Haseeno! i really have high hopes for Chandni Chowk to China and hopefully her acting will surprise us all!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
rose12 thumbnail
Did you watch OSO? What were your thoughts about the new actress, Deepika?
I watched it and i thought it was great for her first film 

Are you looking forward for her new film, Chandni Chowk To China starring Akshay Kumar?
Yes, I can't wait she always does such good roles

Which Actor do you think she should work with next?abhishek bachchan

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Angad luver#1

Lol thanks Mahi!! i know you always post in blue and its great that you posted in pink๐Ÿ˜ƒ

and it is pretty cool to see a whole page of pink๐Ÿ˜†

I agree w/ith your first paragraph...i dont think Deepika has gotten a chance to prove herself as a good actress...hopefully in the future we see her in a variety of fims! and she wasnt even in most of Bachna Ae Haseeno! i really have high hopes for Chandni Chowk to China and hopefully her acting will surprise us all!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yeah I am sort of looking forward to Chandni Chowk to China - it sure does look exciting and her acting might surprise us all but it seems like it's going to be another one of those Bollywood masala movies that are good and entertaining but there's not much the actors can do.

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: rose12

Which Actor do you think she should work with next?abhishek bachchan

hmmm....abhishek bachan..that would be really exciting! especially if it was like an action film! or maybe a comedy!๐Ÿ˜†
Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Yeah I am sort of looking forward to Chandni Chowk to China - it sure does look exciting and her acting might surprise us all but it seems like it's going to be another one of those Bollywood masala movies that are good and entertaining but there's not much the actors can do.

-Mahi

Yea, i hate when the stories are pointless...=[
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I did watch OSO... I didn't like the entire movie and I thought her acting was pretty unconvincing most of the time but since it was her first film I guess it's okay...

I am definitely looking forward to Chandi Chowk to China because from the promos it looks pretty good... I especially like the scene where Akshay is trying to cut the potatoes when they're floating in mid air... the expression on his face after they fall on the table is priceless!

I don't know.... any actor would be fine :)

Maybe a comedy film would be nice :)
l0vey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i think deepika has such a fresh facee. i thought she was absolutely gorgeous when i saw her in om shanti om. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

and i didn't know she was dating ranbir kapoor.. i just found out recently.. and i think they make such a cute couple. ๐Ÿ˜Š