Posted: 15 years ago

Welcome Chefs!😃

This month's recipe is on the Red Velvet Cake😉

Here's the recipe: Thanks to 'glendasattic'

*~*~*~*~*

Red Velvet Cake

2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. red food coloring
1 cup butter milk { or 1 cup milk, & 1 T. lemon juice or vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes }
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
cup butter 
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all ~ purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. white vinegar
Grease or spray with cooking spray, two 9 inch round cake pan or the spring form cake pans. Pre heat oven to 350. Make a paste of the cocoa and red food coloring, you can add a few drops of water if needed to make the paste. Set aside. Combine the buttermilk, salt and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the cocoa mixture. Beat in the buttermilk mixture alternating with the flour,  beat just until mixed. Stir together baking soda and vinegar, then gently stir into the cake batter. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool, remove from pans, cool cakes completely before frosting.  
Cream Cheese Frosting 
1 package { 8 ounces } cream cheese, softened 
1 T milk 
1 tsp. vanilla 
4 cups powdered sugar 
cup chopped almonds
red candy sprinkles

Beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreading consistency. Spread of the frosting on the top of the first cake layer, place the second layer on top. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and the sides. Sprinkle almonds on top and the sides of the cake. Cut a heart shape out of the center of a piece of paper, place the heart cut out in the center of the top of the cake and sprinkle with red candies. Serves 10

*~*~*~*~*

Feel free to post any other red velvet cake recipe!😃

Love❤️,
FDR Devt Team

hmm yummy agar koi banake de to make it is quite a tuff job but will try sm time for sure
thnx for da recipe gur
Very interesting recipe, Gur! Thanks for sharing!

I just don't have the sweet tooth... so I tend to stay away from this stuff but it sure does sound yummy!

-Mahi

heyyy i have been seeing this cake all over the food network channel! lol i love the look of a red velvet cake. i havent eaten one yet... but i have yet to try one. making the cake seems easy, except for the frosting. i suck at frosting at a cakee. lol thanks for the recipee!