1st December Written Update

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
WRITTEN UPDATE

The episode starts with a scene of a traffic junction in Mumbai - busy scenes of the cars stopping , and then driving on , vendors sitting on the road with their wares etc . The voiceover says that this is one of the traffic junctions in Mumbai , where millions of people pass by everyday , stopping with the red light and moving on with the green . The VO continues , "But there are some whose lives stay where they are..its as if their life's red light never turns to green"

Then we are introduced to Bajru, a street urchin who spends the day at the junction , polishing the windshields of the cars passing by and earning a few meagre coins in exchange .

Next we see Taklu , who , as the VO says , is "taklu" only by name , but his hairstyles are comparable to that of film stars.

Next we see another girl Kuki , who is a flower-seller .

Last of all , we're introduced to Iccha , the smallest of them all , who doesnt work like her friends , but instead sits for the entire day at the traffic junction , watching the cars and the people pass by .

Bajru and Taklu come and give the coins they've earned to Iccha , and tell her to keep them safe . Bajru gives her a 2 rupee coin and Taklu a one rupee coin . Taklu tells her not to mix up his money with Bajru's . Iccha puts the money in her pocket and as Takly turns to leave , she teases him by saying one rupee is Bajru's... Taklu gets flustered and says " No no , one rupee is mine !"
 [ha ha...if it had been me I'd have taken the 2 rupee coin]

Iccha tells him that she was only teasing him as she wanted to see how he would jump up and down with worry . She tells him that she'll keep the moneyy safe .

But after Taklu goes to polish another passer-by's shoes , Iccha starts playing with the coins "Yeh Bajru ka , yeh taklu ka , bajru ka taklu ka , bajru , taklu , bajru , taklu " and ultimately , one coin rolls away from her .

She gets up and runs after the rolling coin " Arre ruk ruk !" πŸ˜†

The coin finally comes to rest underneath the gate of a posh school . Iccha picks it up and then stares with hungry eyes at the people inside , who were celebrating the birthday of one of the students . Her eyes linger on the three-tier cake and you can see how much she wants to eat it .

As the people inside finish singing "Happy Birthday" and then clap their hands , Iccha and a whole lot of street urchins who have gathered there clap their hands too . The birthday boy's father notices them and comes to the gate to give them a laddoo each . As he comes near them , all of them start clamouring "Me me me !"

Iccha gets a laddoo but some other boys come and snatch it away from her . She goes back to her friends in a temper .

There Bajru and Taklu tease her , and then Iccha says that she'll go and fight them .

Taklu :  Tu !?

Iccha : Haan main!

Taklu , Bajru and Kuki start laughing at her and tease her calling her "Cheenti " . Iccha takes out all of their coins from her pocket and throws them onto the street . She walks away in a huff , leaving behind the other three fighting for the coins .

Iccha runs to a big house , and then stops outside the porch and looks at her mother and the lady of the house , who were on the lawn.

Iccha's mother , who is the maid at that house , says to the Sethani : Memsaab , its the first day of the month today...

Sethani : I see....the month has hardly started , and already you're here to ask for your wages ?
No , you wont get the money now

Iccha's mom : But half of last month's wages are also pending ...

The sethani tells Iccha's mom that she wont get the wages now , first she has to learn how to work properly .She then stands up and tells Iccha's mom that the house is their own , and they wont go away anywhere without paying her wages .

When the sethani sees Iccha , she loses her temper and tells Iccha's mom " I told you not to bring anyone else here , didnt I ! Not get her out of here !"

Iccha and her mom leave , and Iccha tells her mom all about the laddoo incident .

Her mom consoles her and tells her that she'll scold her friends .

As they walk back home , Iccha asks her mom why the lady was scolding her . Iccha;s mom says because she's a sethani . Iccha asks " Ammo , tu kab sethani banegi ?"

Iccha's mom goes to a woman selling vegetables on the road , but the woman tells her to buy vegetables when she's brought the money . Iccha's mom leaves dejectedly .

When they reach home ,one of their neighbours  tells Iccha's mom that some other lady had come , asking about her sewing . Iccha's mom gets all flustered and  hurriedly starts sewing with her old , dilapidated machine .

She gets the blouse ready and gives it to the customer , who happens to be the landlady of the house they stay in . Iccha's mom asks for the money , which has amounted to 600 Rs . The woman tells her that you hadnt paid the rent for the last 2 months , so I'll consider it as paid .

Iccha's mom tells her the total amount of rent came to Rs 400 , and there was still 200 in the balance .

The woman tells her I'll keep the 200 as next months's rent .

After the woman leaves , Iccha's mom tells her friend Chamki to arrange a well-paying job for her somewhere .

Iccha asks her mom when her Happy Birthday will come .

Her mom gets confused and then Iccha explains , saying , when will I wear good clothes , eat nice food , when everybody will clap for me ...

Iccha's mom takes her into her lap and then paints a vivid description for her . She tells her " At midnight , when you will wear pretty clothes and go out on the road and see the world , when there will be no more troubles left ,  when everyone will be happy , that will be your birthday .

---------------------------------------

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 15 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Seems like a very nyc start.... the concept is fresh which makes one watch the show!!

Lovely Update thanks for providing it!!

Luv,

Shagun
-aditi- thumbnail
shreya thankyou so much for the updateπŸ€—
am yet to see it,wow it seems great.everything the plot and the kidoo too.then we have vaishali(ohooo our praveena bhabhi) in the show too.πŸ˜›πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

ashbipasha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update, seems like a very intersting show.