Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago

Sreejita De out of Uttaran?

If the buzz is to be believed, Sreejita De who was to play Ichcha in the post leap story of COLORS' Uttaran is no longer ...

Ishita finalized for Anandi?

Ishita Panchal who has now become very popular as Tapasya of Uttaran (Colors) says she was finalised to portray the role of Anandi in Balika Vadhu. Surprisingly, she is not at all regretful for this fact.

On screen Tapasya says, "I was finalized for Balika but I couldn't do it for certain reasons. But I am okay with that. If I was playing Anandi in Balika, I wouldn't have got to play Tapasya in Uttaran. So basically I am very happy playing Tapasya and have no regrets at all."

"I also gave auditions and was even selected. But at that time, I was doing Rama, The Saviour with Tanushree Dutta and Saahil Khan. Since I was busy shooting for that movie, I couldn't say 'yes' to Balika."

Rama, the Saviour which was released last year was directed by Hadi Ali Abrar and produced by Abdul Aziz Baroodgar. Apart from Tanushree Dutta and Saahil Khan, WWE wrestler Khali was also a part of the film.

The eleven year old Ishita tells us that though she might have missed being known as Balika Vadhu of the small screen, that doesn't stop her from being an ardent fan of the show. She tells us, "I love watching Balika Vadhu and I watch it when ever I have time. Avika who plays Anandi is very sweet. I simply love her innocence and the way she fights with Jagdish is so cute."

Had this little gal been in the picture, we would have seen her as Anandi in Balika Vadhu fooling around with Jagdish.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090609_34

My friends call me babyji: Ishita

13 Jun 2009, 0049 hrs IST, TNN

Email   Discuss  Share  Save   Text:

Stars for a moment and then back to being little girls – meet Sparsh and Ishita, the child
actors from the show, Uttaran. The girls have
Li'l stars: Ishita and Sparsh
mastered it all – stardom, striking a balance between studies and shooting, handling the media and the 'fans' as well.

When the girls arrived at Seelampur in the city recently, more than a thousand kids from the area gathered, hoping to catch a glimpse of them. They jostled for space just so that they could wave at them or shake hands with them. And while the crowd swelled, Sparsh and Ishita, kept their calm.

"I had a small role in the show, Mera Sasural and also in a movie
, Red Alert. I even did a video album some time back," says Sparsh, adding, "But Uttaran made me famous." Agrees Ishita, "Though I had won two nominations in a telly awards function before Uttaran, still nobody knew me. But today, people recognise me." So, do they enjoy the attention? "I have to look good each time I step out," says Ishita. "I don't dress up at all. Yeh Ichcha ka fashion hai," chuckles Sparsh as she points to her dress and ribbons.

And the girls understand their craft well. "We know what our characters are all about," says Sparsh. Adds Ishita, "I know the exact number of shades in our characters. Also, I hope the audience appreciates my work when my character develops a negative angle."
And have more offers flowed in post-Uttaran? "Mujhe kya pata? Voh toh mummy ko pata hai. Main toh shooting se waapas aati hoon aur so jati hoon," says Sparsh. Adds Ishita, "Humara kaam hai acting karna." And in between their silly fights Sparsh says, "We're not friends, we're sisters."

And now that they're stars, has life at school changed? Sparsh and Ishita are students of Class IV and Class VI, respectively. "My friends say – Arre, meri friend toh TV pe aa gayi yaar," smiles Sparsh. Adds Ishita, "My friends jokingly say, Babyji apko kya chahiye? Aapko milk shake chahiye? And I reply, mujhe milk shake nahin, chocolate milk shake chahiye."
But being a part of a daily soap, ain't easy. "We finish our homework in between shootings. At times we do half of it at home," says Ishita. Chips in Sparsh, "It is hectic and kabhi kabhi toh school miss karna hi padta hai.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/My-friends-call-me-babyji-Ishita/articleshow/4652656.cms
Tina Dutta replaces Srijita De in Uttaran

The hunt for the teen Ichcha of Uttaran (Colors) has finally got over as Tina Dutta will now be seen portraying this role. She has replaced Srijita De who was initially finalised to play the teen Ichcha.

A source informs, "Tina Dutta, who was seen in the second series of Koi Aane Ko Hai Paromita will now be seen portraying the role of Ichcha after the show takes a leap. She has already shot for the new promos with Rashmi Desai who will be seen playing teen Tapasya in the show two days back."

Initially, Srijita was finalized as the new Ichcha in the show. Though she didn't start shooting but she already shot for the promos with Rashmi Desai. But the channel decided to replace her because she gave interviews to the media before the official launch. But soon after this news, we got to know Srijita will very much be a part of the show as she was again informed that she will not be replaced but will be shooting for the fresh promos all over again.

Before Koi Aane Ko Hai, Tina Dutta was seen as the little Lolita in the movie Parineeta. In Koi Aane Ko Hai, the story revolved around a traditional north Kolkata family and the life of Monimoy Mukherjee, yesteryear's super star is a renowned producer of popular Bengali cinema. Tina played Paromita the daughter-in-law of Mukherjee.

Though the news of the show taking a leap has been out for quite some time now, but the viewers have been waiting for this interesting twist to happen in reality.

With all these uncertainties, Indya wishes the new Ichcha and the show all the very best!

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090616_57

Uttaran: The most awaited leap will finally take place today. The lead girls Ichcha and Tapasya will grow up and the story will take a very interesting turn. Tina Dutta and Rashmi Desai will be seen portraying the roles of Ichcha and Tapasya respectively, but we'll surely the cute and innocent girls Sparsh and Ishita on the show. Watch Uttaran at 10pm on Colors.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=388

Colors turn One!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy birthday, Vaishali!

Vaishali Thakkar, or as we know her, Damini of Uttaran (Colors), turns a year older today. But the actress says she doesn't believe in celebrating birthdays and so, she usually ends up working on the big day.
She tells us, "I don't really believe in celebrating birthdays because, unfortunately, my grandfather expired the year in which I was born. So I don't remember a single year when I have celebrated my birthday. In fact I've worked every year on my birthday. This year, I might take the day off and go out with my family. I already partied with my close friends yesterday."

Vaishali is a cusp between Cancer and Leo, but says she is more of a Leo than a Cancerian. "I am very temperamental, like a Leo. Leos are considered to be very responsible and they can handle things very well. That's the case with me, I can organise things pretty well."

The actress says she is religious and even has a small mandir at her home where she prays every day. "And every year on my birthday I go to this Shiv Mandir near my house in Matunga, and this South Indian temple where they have a 'Navgraha Pooja'. This year, if I manage to get a day off, I will try and go to Siddhivinayak temple."

Vaishali has already received a memorable birthday gift this year. "A very close friend of mine has come all the way from Dubai. So we're planning a two-day trip to Kerala," she says. "Every year, I anxiously wait for my brother's call at midnight as he is always the first one to wish me on my birthday, regardless of where he is or how busy he is." Though Vaishali can't think of a particularly memorable birthday she does remember one instance, "About 15 years ago, my father sent me a birthday card from London. I can never forget that day…"

Any birthday resolutions? "I don't believe in making resolutions and promises, but one thing is that, whatever commitments I have taken up or will take up, I will complete them," she says.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090725_128
Veteran theatre actor and director Akhil Mishra has joined the now famous serial Uttaran as the character of Ummed Singh on Colors. "I play a very jolly, sweet (diabetic) guy and I want what is best for my son. I trust his judgment, but he is in love with the daughter of a maid. So the story will have many twist and turns," comments Akhil.

In fact more than the acting part he thoroughly enjoyed his reunion with his friend Basu Chatterji's daughter, who is part of the production team. Bengali actress Beena is playing the role of his wife.

Akhil Mishra is currently also acting in an English film 'Prayer For Rain'. This film deals with the issue of Bhopal gas tragedy. It's an entertaining cinema with realistic approach.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1827-now-its-uttaran-for-akhil-mishra.html

More tension between Veer and Ichcha

Veteran theatre actor and director Akhil Mishra has joined the now-famous serial Uttaran on Colors, and will play the part of Ummed Singh.
He tells us, "I play a jolly, sweet (diabetic) guy and I want what is best for my son. I trust his judgment, but he is love with the maid's daughter. So the story will have many twists and turns." Akhil says that more than the role, he enjoyed his reunion with his friend Basu Chatterji's daughter, who is part of the production team. Bengali actress Beena plays his wife in show.

Akhil adds, "Veer's father is facing a dilemma because they belong to the Thakur family and Veer is in love with the maid's daughter. Veer's grandfather will be upset with Jogi Thakur (Ayub Khan) as to how his grandson could possible marry the daughter of a servant. But whatever happens, my character will support his son."

How will Ichcha react to this, and will she go ahead and marry Veer? Find out in the coming episodes of Uttaran.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090820_103