Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Whats cookin between Nandish and Rashmi?

What's cookin' between Nandish and Rashmi?

The buzz is that lead actors of Colors and Film Farm's Uttaran share a special relationship…

niveditha thumbnail

Naani in Uttaran
Her character misguides her granddaughter Tapasya against the protagonist Iccha. Naani may not be like Baa who used to eagerly welcome strangers into the household, but she loves Tapasya as any other grandparent would. She wants the best for her and is willing to go to any extent for that. She is happy that Tapasya is married with Veer who was her dream man.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Good-characters-turned-bad&aid=1016
niveditha thumbnail

Uttaran actresses on hostile ground

MUMBAI MIRROR 6 November 2009, 09:54am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Characters Tapasya and Ichcha on the TV show, Uttaran, got along well when they were young, but are at loggerheads now that they play grown-ups
Rashmi Desai and Tina Dutta More Pics
after the generation leap.

In real life too, Rashmi Desai (Tapasya) and Tina Dutta (Ichcha) are hostile towards each other. Rashmi's closeness to co-star Nandish, who plays Veer, is also a hot topic of discussion on the sets.

As soon as the director wraps up a shot, the two girls retire in different corners of the set. Our source from the sets reveals, "Tina and Rashmi are nearly the same age. We thought they would have fun together and be comfortable with each other. But in reality, they can barely stand each other."

Recently, Tina refused to give an interview jointly with Rashmi for a TV channel on their sets at Vikroli. "Please interview me separately; I am uncomfortable in Rashmi's presence," Tina is said to have told the interviewer.

Explaining the bone of contention, our source adds, "Rashmi and Tina both feel that their role is lesser than the other. There's constant comparison between them. Also, Rashmi and Nandish's body language suggest they are dating."

Rashmi says, "Nandish and I are very good friends."

Tina refuses to acknowledge the enmity and says, "People were also saying that we fought in the make-up room recently ... All that is loose talk. And as far as the joint interview goes, maybe both of us weren't free at the same time."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Uttaran-actresses-on-hostile-ground/articleshow/5202026.cms
niveditha thumbnail

There's a lot of twists and turns in store for 'Uttaran' fans. If sources are to be believed then the viewers will be in for a surprise soon.The word is out that it's now time for Iccha (Tina Dutta) to pack her bags and move out of Thakur Villa.

However, what will be surprising is that Thakurain, who so far has treated Iccha like her own daughter will ask her to vacate the house.

A source close to the production house says, "The creative team is planning to take the story ahead by getting Iccha out of the house, but no concrete plans have been made as of now. It is likely that Thakurain will feel sad for her daughter Tapasya's (Rashmi Desai) plight and this will result in a new twist in the tale."

However, this development will come about due to growing confusion in the Thakurain's mind, reveals the source. "Iccha will secretly meet Veer but not with a bad intention. In fact, she wants to convince Veer to move on with life and forget he. But Thakurain will misunderstands this act of Iccha's. This gives rise to confusion in her mind and results in a lot of problems. At the end she will drive Iccha out of the house," adds the source.

Tina Dutta was, however, unavailable for comments.

With the production house keeping its plans under wraps, viewers will have to wait and watch to find out whether Iccha actually leaves Thakur Villa and if she does, what becomes of her thereafter.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/4257-iccha-to-leave-the-house-.html

niveditha thumbnail

The famous fighting duo of our idiot box, Tappu and Iccha seems to bring their war along every where.Tina Dutta and Rashmi Desai of Uttaran are more or less same as they resemble in the serial because even if they wear mask showing that they are very good friends on camera but there is definitely some thing boiling within them.

Our close source from the sets tells, "Tina and Rashmi were recently shooting for a reality shows on the same set during which everyone could see them as they both gave cold shoulders to each other and along with that they were also not ready to give bytes together to any of the electronic media."

This all started on the sets of Uttaran where in Tina felt that she was not given much space on screen on the show than Rashmi and since then the two had parted their ways. "It was clearly seen that Tina was loaded with full attitude against Rashmi and thus it seemed that they were playing some secret game or fighting a war which was unfortunately seen by every one," adds the source.

Well Iccha and Tappu, it seems that you both have taken your onscreen character very seriously or may be something is really gone off beam.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/4390-cold-war-between-iccha-and-tappu-continues.html

niveditha thumbnail
Ishita walks for peace

Ishita walks for peace

Ishita Panchal better known as little Tapasya of Uttaran walks the ramp for a show that promotes the fight against terrorism…

niveditha thumbnail
Lead of Uttaran talks ITA Awards
Buzz up!

Nandish Sandhu aka Veer is looking forward to perform with his on-screen wife Tapasya(Rashmi Desai) on the eve of Indian Television Academy Awards.

We spoke to Nandish aka Veer about his performance.

"I am looking forward for this award function where myself and Rashmi will be performing on two songs-Kuke Kuke and Manko and in these two songs even dancing style is also different old style like Raj Kapoor-Nargis and Rajesh Khanna-Mumtaz.Its very difficult to dance like them but slowly and gradually I'm improving and I hope I will do justice in their dancing format."

Further, he told us, "I am nervous though it's not my first performance on stage but still some kind of nervousness comes. Even Rashmi is very nervous but I must say she is very good in dancing as compared to me.Initially there was no comfort level but now with 7 days of rehearsals we are sharing a good comfort level."

About managing time between the shoots and rehearsals he said, "Its very difficult to manage both because there is no fixed time for rehearsals as it depends on our shooting timings. If we pack up by 10 pm in the night then after the shoot we have to rehearse at least for 2 hours. However I'am enjoying this juggling and I hope everything will go fine."

The actor is looking forward though he is not nominated but still he feels that, "Its an great opportunity to meet my earlier co-actors,directors and technicians and so it will fun-nervousness and entertaining."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/November/News_20091130_140
niveditha thumbnail
Nandish Sandhu

Ichcha and Tapasya may be the protagonists of Uttaran (Colors) but it's Veer, the love interest of the two girls, who still manages to steal the spotlight with his handsome looks and acting skills. The name is Sandhu, Nandish Sandhu. If his popularity with the female viewers is anything to go by then, yes, Sandhu has arrived! And not to forget his growing proximity to Rashmi Desai, who plays Tapasya.

TellyChakkar spoke to Sandhu to find out everything that goes into making the successful actor he is today.

Excerpts from an interview:

On his background
I am from Rajasthan and had come to Mumbai to complete my higher studies. I wanted to make a career in the service industry, so I enrolled myself for a graduation course in Hotel Management at IHM at Dadar. My parents and my younger brother, Omkar are my family.

On how he ventured into acting
I was always interested in acting, though making it a career never struck me. I used to spend hours in front of the mirror, striking the right pose, wear the right dress and even pretend to act. I used to dream of the 'Lights-Camera-Action' on sets, the clapboard, everything associated with a shooting. So, may be, acting was in my destiny.

On his initial days after passing out
While I was in college, I had walked the ramp a few times. After passing out, I even worked at the Taj President for a while. I was working and modeling and one day like most TV stars landed up at Balaji Telefilms for an audition.

On his first break
I got my first break in Kasturi. My producers liked my performance and I got a couple of other breaks in Kayamat and Khwaish. I also got some work in Hum Ladkiyan.

It happened all so suddenly. It was a dream coming true, but I was hesitant and nervous, nevertheless.After doing these shows, it had become a routine for me and I wanted a new challenge to stimulate me.

On bagging the role of Veer in Uttaran
The producers were looking for the right 'Veer' for more than four months when I met them. I auditioned for the role and got selected. I must admit I was apprehensive about the role. The story centered around two leading ladies, and a leap had happened in the show; I was not sure whether I would make my mark in the show. Ichcha and Tapasya were easily accepted after the leap, but with my role, it was not so easy. Looking back, I am glad I accepted the role.

On how the role changed over time
When I was given a brief of the character, it was that of a conservative, strict Thakur family heir. But over time, it changed into a much mellowed down and guy-next-door type because the audience wanted someone like that. It was challenging to change accordingly, but I guess I managed it.

On whether Veer will accept Tapasya
No way! Veer will continue to love Ichcha. However, the way Veer's nature has changed he will definitely become more sympathetic towards Tapasya.

On whether he has got his due with Veer
Certainly! It gives me immense pleasure to see how well the audience has accepted my character along with Tapasya and Ichcha. When my marriage sequence with Tapasya was being telecast, the show received record TRPs. These things certainly give me a high. I want to scale newer heights. I feel very happy the way Veer's character has progressed.

On his off-screen relationship with Rashmi
(Smiles) We are very good friends and have a lot in common. I feel, since we spend such long hours together on the sets, and if we have common likes and dislikes, it is natural to become good friends. We dine out together, shop together and spend a lot of time together. And believe me, this helps both of us in our work. The on-screen chemistry becomes easier to establish.

On whether the friendship will turn into courtship
I can't predict that. Only time will tell.

On his future plans
Movies are an option. Plus, I would also like to do some 'realistic'
shows like Uttaran. I want to show more of me as an actor.

desi**fo***s.com

niveditha thumbnail
Nandish Sandhu talks about marriage plans
Buzz up!

Uttaran lead Veer aka Nandish Sandhu, who is back with his acting in the show talks about his future wife and also his rapport with the two young ladies Rashmi Desai (Tapasya) and Tina Dutta (Ichcha).

Nandish told in the print about his success, "Surely this show has given me a lot of fame. During my first show, I was not confident, but gradually I have improved a lot as an actor. In addition, the character is so nice and visible that I have got an opportunity to show my abilities."

Being married in the show, what kind of girl would he love to get married in real life, on this he replied, "In real life I don't want a wife like Tapasya, who is too possessive and jealous or Iccha, who is too sacrificing. I want a 'balanced wife' who is a mix of both."

About the fight between his two female co-stars because of him he replied, "I don't think there is any tiff between Rashmi Desai and Tina Dutta because of me. However, I do not completely deny it either. When there are two girls and one guy there are chances that differences might come up."

About his two on-screen ladies he said in the print, "Tina is like a small girl with whom I have loads of fun, while Rashmi is someone more mature with whom I can talk about work and more."

Is he someone who feels that one needs to be friends with his co-stars? On this he replied

"Off screen chemistry is very important. If you do not get along well with your co-stars then you cannot give a good performance. The ego between the two sets in and surely kills everything," he says.

What about his much talked about link-up stories with Rashmi (Tapasya)? Nandish clarified in the print, "Rashmi and I are friends. I do not know why people are thinking that we are seeing each other, just because we like to spend time together. We are very comfortable in each other's company. Now Tina shoots at a different set and we both shoot at a different set so we three don't get a chance to meet together."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/December/News_20091216_80
niveditha thumbnail
Nandish Sandhu says, "It would have been difficult for us to shoot this romantic sequence if we were not good friends to begin with. But Veer's attitude will change towards Tapasya as he knows that she will do her best to seduce him but he will be harsher towards her. She will resort to many tactics to seduce Veer but he won't fall for her. He will not leave any opportunity to humiliate her and try to get closer to Ichcha. He will in fact also look for a chance to leave her forever."

Since they share a good off screen chemistry, Nandish says,"Sometimes I feel bad to insult her on screen, she is so sweet that it is not easy to be rude with her so, every day I end up saying sorry to her. She too pulls my leg, she teases me saying 'You have humiliated me on screen, so now you will have to listen to me'. So I instruct the unit hands, 'Please, madam ka dhyan rakhna, unko chai-coffee time pe dena. It's also because our director is so cool that we were able to shoot that rain scene so well."

About the forthcoming developments in the story line he say, "The drama between Veer and Tapasya is only going to increase now, moreover since Vansh is in the rehabilitation centre, he will become normal"

The buzz is that something will spark off between Vansh and Ichcha, who he will meet at the centre.

desi**fo***s.com