Uttaran

Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments - Page 7

JawSoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Bad script or sour grapes, Tina?

Tina Dutta

Tina Dutta (Ichcha of Uttaran) is not so happy about her exit from Teen Ka Tadka. Tina was pretty sure about her elimination before performing her gag.

Tina was not happy with the script, "I did not like the script when I read it. But since everyone decided to go ahead with it considering our creative team had worked really hard on it, I went along too. I knew it would not work in our favour. But still we went ahead and we didn't fare well. Even when we were in the bottom two I took the entire blame. I did not want to create a scene so I kept quiet about the bad script. I apologised to my team mates and judges for the bad performance."

She is however willing to do more comedy shows, "Comedy Circus was a very nice experience. I had fun rehearsing for all performances. I would finish my shooting at 10 in the night and then I would go for my rehearsals. On the sets also the atmosphere was great, so if they offer me something again I would love to be part of it."

Rashmi Desai (Tapasya from Uttaran) and Tina are still at loggerheads. She says, "There is nothing like that between Rashmi and me. We are just co-stars and we do talk casually with each other. So there is no question of gelling well or not. Most of the time we shoot on different sets. I am not talkative by nature and even if I am shooting with many people I would still prefer sitting in a corner listening to my I-pod. Now since I am shooting all hospital sequences I feel relaxed as I just have to sleep on the bed. My director too teases me that I do not have work on the sets. I take advantage of all this by sleeping in between the scenes and asking the unit to not disturb me."

Tina was part of Teen Ka Tadka along with Harsh Chhaya who was replaced with Suraj Thapar, and Jimmy Moses. Hertigdi lost out to Rashmi's team last week and was evicted from the show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"Eat as per your body type" Nandish Sandhu

"Eat as per your body type" Nandish Sandhu

Nandish Sandhu has some quirky eating habits!

niveditha thumbnail

Rashmi Desai
Rashmi Desai known more as Uttaran's Tapasya is also a known face in the Bhojpuri industry. She has given hit films like Balma Bada Naadan, Kab Hoi Gawana Hamaar, Mai re Kar De Bedai Hamaar and Bambai Ki Laila Chapra Ka Chaila. Rashmi is quite different from other Tele actors as they all came on the small screen first and then got a chance on the big screen. Rashmi was selected for Uttaran when she was doing well in her Bhojpuri career.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=TV-stars-in-regional-films&aid=1411
niveditha thumbnail

Nandish Sandhu: Nick Name - Nandu
Nandish Sandhu is the lead male character in Uttaran called Veer. Well, we can imagine that Nandish is quite a tough name to pronounce, so he must be given some nickname. "Yes, you are right. My name is quite hard to spell and pronounce so from my childhood itself my friends used to call me Nandy or Nandu. But few of my friends also call me Ricky" says Nandish.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=TV-stars-and-their-nicknames&aid=1423
niveditha thumbnail
Veer and Tapasya emerge triumphant in COLORS' Holi Game..

COLORS organized an interesting Holi Game for their favorite couples, in which Veer and ...

niveditha thumbnail
Vansh to propose Ichcha in Chandni style...

A dramatic sequence wherein Vansh showers flowers on Ichcha from a helicopter has been shot for ...

niveditha thumbnail

A sequence from a popular film was used for an episode of Uttaran on Colors. The film in question, is Chandni, produced and directed by Yash Chopra. For a sequence in the film, Chandni, played by Sridevi, stands on the terrace of her house, and Rohit, played by Rishi Kapoor, showers flowers on her from a heli- copter. A similar scene was canned for the 10 pm daily with Iccha, played by Tina Dutta, and Vansh, played by Rohit.

Vansh showered flower petals from a helicopter. Now, if the chopper crashes, like it does in the film, is yet to be seen.

Hindustan Times

niveditha thumbnail
Nandish talks about his friendship with Rashmi Desai
Buzz up!

Nandish Sandhu, the main lead of Uttaran is one of television's most famous poster boys and is a simple and chilled out guy at heart.

And now the buzz is that Nandish is dating his Uttaran co-star Rashmi Desai, so to confirm the news we asked him and he gave us a very diplomatic answer by saying, "We are good friends. Ok, we become close when our on screen marriage was happening in Uttaran. Before that we weren't shooting together much but now we are like good buddies. Rashmi and I talk about things, share our feelings, laugh on jokes and go out for coffees and if she is performing I go and support her and vice-versa. But we also have other friends joining us. But we are friends, ok, let's say we are more than friends but I can't give any green signal yet," says Nandish.

But on lookers on the sets swear by their chemistry and the fact that he even spent Valentines Day with her, "It was Rashmi's birthday on 13th February, so we all gathered together to celebrate her birthday and even our friends were there with us so nothing spicy. Yes, there is chemistry between us because we really have fun when we are together," says Nandish.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Nandish-Rashmi-together&xfile=2010/March/News_20100315_73
niveditha thumbnail
Happily married
Buzz up!

TV actor Ayub Khan aka Jogi Thakur of Uttaran fame is happy with his marriage. Ayub and Niharika Khan met during their college days at a party in Madh Island.

Ayub said, "I had tripped over a rock and hit myself. Niharika came to my rescue and pulled me out of the ocean. The next day sparks began to fly and the pair began their courtship. They dated for eight months before Niharika decided to move to the United States.

Niharika recalls their early days in a recent interview and says, "Right before I left, Ayub got down on one knee and proposed to me in an aquarium in Mumbai. I refused him as I thought we were too young to get married."

They met again ten years later at a time when both their marriages were in trouble. Ayub said that, "As luck would have it, we bumped into each other. After we were both divorced, there was no looking back and the rest is history."

Niharika said, "Ayub has always been my first love, he is the man for me."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/March/News_20100316_76
-Farru- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Content Removed

Link-ups are irritating'