Uttaran Articles Archive - No Comments - Page 9

Posted: 14 years ago
Television actress Tina Dutta clarifies rumours and talks about her new co-actor and lots more during an interview with TOI

Did you know the petite, affable television actress Tina Dutta face the camera as a child artist? She started her career at the age of five. She has shared the screen space with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the Bengali film Chokher Bali and also played the role of young Vidya Balan in Parineeta. Today at 18, Tina has carved a niche for herself in the television industry because of her character Ichcha in Uttaran. She was in town to promote her show. On being asked if she is bored of the show, pat comes the reply, "Not at all. It is fun and interesting as I get to experiment a lot with my character."

What kind of a relation do you share with Rohit Khurana off the camera?
We share a friendly relationship. He is a great actor and a fine co-star. We have lots of fun on the sets. We love playing pranks on the set.

Lots have been written about your tiffs with your co-actor Rashmi Desai. Can you tell us about your equation with her?
There is nothing like this. All these are just rumours.We are very close friends and we are in touch with each other. Rashmi and I don't have a bad relationship.

How close are you to your character Ichcha in real life?
I relate a lot to Ichcha. In real life also, I am positive, sacrificing, can do anything for my friends. I am a totally family oriented person. I am a calm person.

Are you interested in doing reality shows?
I have done comedy circus in the past as I got a chance to play different characters everyday. It was fun to do something new. I want to do dance reality shows. I am a trained Kathak and Bharatnatyam dancer.

Do you prefer working in television shows or films?
Films are for life long. They also requite a lot more perfection but they don't have a recall value. In television, the character goes on for long and an actor can experiment in various ways. People also remember you for long time. I enjoy working in both. Yes, definitely it's my dream to be a part of Bollywood.

How well can you handle fame at such a young age?
It feels good to be a star at such a young age. I never knew I would reach at this stage so early but I always knew I would make it big. It feels great to have such a great fan following. It feels nice to touch so many people's heart.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/-I-am-just-like-Iccha-Tina-Dutta/articleshow/5802336.cms
Pragati Mehra seems to be taking her work very seriously. As her serial Uttaran is progressing, it's understandable that the characters are also ageing.

And Pragati seems to have aged very much in the last few months. Well, at least all those extra kilos that she has gained in recent times make her look really old! The serial now has no plans to take a time leap in the near future, so we hope Pragati's weight also remains stable.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Pragatis-weighty-issues/articleshow/5801410.cms
Pragati Mehra's beauty essentials
Buzz up!

TV actress Pragati Mehra of Uttaran fame prefers simple treatments for both, her hair and her skin. She shares her beauty secrets in the interview...

Discuss here

Amla always

From donkey's years, I've been eating an amla every alternate day. I team it with a glass of raw vegetable juice. These natural fruits and veggies are very essential for our skin, hair and health.

Skin deep

I make it a point to clear all make-up from my face once I am done with the day's shoot. Post cleansing, I moisturize the skin thoroughly. Everyday I have a glass of aloe vera juice that makes the skin supple. In summers, I like using multani mitti to keep my face looking fresh.

Hair's how

I shampoo my hair thrice a week and follow it up with a deep conditioning treatment. I don't go for massages, as my mom gives me the best massage in the world.

Nature's cure

I believe in natural treatments. But one cannot avoid the essentials like moisturizers or a regular facial. Especially in my field, taking care of yourself is a must. One motto which I follow is keeping skin clean and yes, I have received loads of compliments for my skin.

Beauty tips

Avoid too much caffeine or chai, drink loads of water and try oiling your hair on a weekly basis. Also do not keep your hair oily for long hours; three-four hours are more than enough.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/April/News_20100417_72
Posted: 13 years ago

Nandish Sandhu (Veer) co-star of  Rashami Desai said,  "I would like to wish her all the best and I hope she gets the highest marks as I know she is a very good dancer and very hard working too, I think that among the girls team she will score the highest. Later, about the game he said, "In the end I think boy's team should win the competition, so I am looking forward for this show."

http://www.starplus.in/znd/gallery.aspx?p=Who-are-the-stars-supporting-in-ZND&aid=69&type=2&Page=2

Report Card time for Television's Little Stars
Monday, 03 May 2010 16:22

They have won your hearts with their adorable style and innocent charm. They can put the most professional actors to shame with their unbelievable confidence level and with the most startling dialogue delivery. They may be more popular in our country than some world leaders, but in school, they have to play the same role as everyone else - students!

Yes, we are talking about the young talented stars ruling the small screens. Be it Ichha from Uttaran or Jagdish and Anandi from Balika Vadhu, these guys have managed to score a fan following that totally belies their age.

But how do these little pixies manage when it comes to scoring in the 'much dreaded' phenomenon called EXAMS? Let's have a look as TellyCafe examines their report cards…

Avika Gor (Anandi – Balika Vadhu): Score - 76%

My shoot timings are in accordance with my school schedule. So I go to school in the mornings and then report to the sets of Balika Vadhu in the afternoon, and since my school remains closed on Saturdays and Sundays, I try to finish major portions of the shoot in these two days. I also study when I get time in between my shots. I finish off with my homework during that time.

Ishita Panchal: (Tapasya - Uttaran): Score- 90%

Well, my studies are planned a day in advance and the questions which I'm supposed to study are charted out a day before. Earlier, when I was a part of a reality show, I did not have much trouble but daily soaps are a little more demanding when it comes to working hours, but, thankfully, I have been able to manage. My mom makes it a point that I don't miss out on my studies and brings me my homework from school in case I am working and have to miss school that day.

Avinash Mukherjee (Jagdish or Jaggiya – Balika Vadhu): Score : 60 %

I have different days allotted for each subject. I make it a point to complete at least one chapter in a day. My mother is an academic professional so she helps me out with Social Studies and Science, and then I also have my tuition teacher, who helps me with the remaining subjects. I'm thankful to my school authorities, especially Chairman Dr. Augustine. F. Pinto and Managing Director, Grace Pinto, for their immense support and co- operation.

Sparsh Khanchandani (Ichha - Uttaran): Score – A +
It's not a problem to manage my studies along with the shoots. Currently I'm doing Zara Nachke Dikha , so I have to go for the shoots on an average of one day every week. I have also managed to maintain my score pre- and post- Uttaran.

Jai Thakkar (Sethji – Laagi Tujhse Lagan):  Score – 70 %

I study at home as well as on the sets. I don't find it a problem to manage my shoots and my studies simultaneously. I love both equally and hence thoroughly enjoy them.

Jannat Ahmed (Kashi - Kashi): Score – 79%

I bring my work sheets to the sets and try to finish off with the homework between the shots. Also, I have a lot of support from the production house which arranges flexible working hours for me so I'm able to manage my studies with acting.

With the efforts these young stars put in their studies and career, it's no wonder the kind of work ethic they develop. We wish them all the luck in all their endeavours and hope they become good role models to all the young students out there.

-Rahat Khan / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/features-analysis/report-card-time-for-televisions-little-stars
I haven't found the right girl yet: Nandish Sandhu
Monday, 03 May 2010 18:59

Nandish Sandhu, a.k.a Veer of Uttaran fame, is not just a popular actor but he's also one of the most eligible bachelors in the industry. Time and again, he's linked with some actress or the other.

Clearing things once and for all, he says, "There have been all sorts of rumours about my alleged affair(s) with this or that actress. Since the last three years, my parents have been after me to get married, but I'm still very much single as I haven't found the right girl yet. In fact, I've not even given a thought to marriage. I haven't come across the right individual yet. I'm too occupied with my work."

While he's revered for his performance in Uttaran, Veer has literally acquired a reputation of 'Tragedy King'. However, all this rona-dhona will come to an end soon.

"I agree that the sobbing has gone on for a while. It's not just the four protagonists, but even other members in the house faced some stress or the other. The period of gloom will lift as Veer will return to being the strong and confident character he once was. He will once again take control of all matters of the family," Sandhu sighed.

What about Tapasya, will Veer accept her as his wife?

Right from day one, I've maintained that Veer will never like Tapsya. That simply cannot happen. At the moment, he's only pleasing her so to prove to Vansh that he's got over his equation with Ichcha," he replied.

- Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/i-haven-t-found-the-right-girl-yet-nandish-sandhu
Nandish Sandhu bags Newsmakers Achievers' Award
Monday, 03 May 2010 19:15

Many regard him as the best actor on television today, but Nandish Sandhu's efforts went unrecognized at the popular TV awards. Sandhu, a.k.a Veer of Uttaran, finally had his moment of reckoning when he chosen as small screen's best actor at the Newsmakers Achievers' Awards held in Mumbai on May 1st, 2010.

"Saturday night was a memorable one as I was awarded the Best Actor's Award at the Newsmakers Achievers' Awards. I'd like to thank my fans for all your love and support. I vow to entertain you further." said an elated Sandhu.

Adding further he says, "Frankly speaking, I didn't have much idea about these awards. I got a call from then that I've been nominated. I surfed on the net, and that's when I realized the pedigree of these awards. The best thing about Achievers' awards is that it rewards people from all walks of life."

When asked whether he was disappointed at not being rewarded at the popular TV awards, Sandhu sighed, "Apparently, I didn't fulfil the criteria then which required an actor to be part of a show for more than six month. Hopefully, these accolades will follow this year."

Child prodigy Saloni Daini won the best stand-up comedian award (female) while Naveen Prabhakar took the honours amongst the males.

Among other big achievers' were Amitabh Bachchan (Man of the Masses) and surprisingly, controversial MNS leader Raj Thackeray was chosen as the 'Heartthrob of Maharashtra'.

-Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/nandish-sandhu-bags-newsmakers-achievers-award
Nandish Sandhu wins the Newsmakers Achievers' Awards

Nandish Sandhu thanks his fans for choosing him as the Best Actor at the Newsmakers Achievers' ...

Veer's problems not solved yet.
Buzz up!

Uttaran is steaming towards a new twist. The problems in Iccha's life never seem to end and Tapasya just seems to be deriving sadistic pleasure by ruining Iccha's as well as her own married life.

Discuss here

Our sources tell us that the latest track will be about how Vansh is convinced of a relationship between Iccha and Veer.

Vansh has deluded himself into believing that they have gone so far as to have a physical relationship. He is thoroughly troubled and poor Iccha has to suffer the brunt of his anger. His torture on Iccha increases. Nasty Tapasya is ever ready to add fuel to the fire. She tells Vansh that Veer is still in love with Iccha and does not care for her, his own wife.

We spoke to Nandish Sandhu (Veer) and asked for his comments to which he said, "Well the problems are definitely increasing, the show is taking an interesting course."

Veer on the other hand is distressed by all of this. He tries telling Vansh that this is all a misunderstanding, there is nothing going on between him and Iccha. He also tells him that Vansh has nothing to worry about since he has moved on and Iccha is committed to Vansh alone. But the poison of doubt has already spread too far and Vansh refuses to believe Veer. No matter how hard Veer tries to resolve the problems, they just keep on increasing.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/May/News_20100504_4
L'il Masters rocks; Chak.. booms, Nachke.. doomed?
Wednesday, 05 May 2010 17:51

Size doesn't matter. The smaller; the better. This has been amply proved by unheralded little kids from Dance India Dance L'il Masters (Zee TV) and Chak Dhoom Dhoom (Colors) who have put their erstwhile TV stars of Zara Nachke Dikha to shame.

The three dance reality shows made their debut last week, and all of them air at prime time on their respective channels. Zee TV's DID L'il Masters has emerged as the clear winner clocking a TVR of 6.7 for its inaugural episode. This not only makes it the top show (fiction and non-fiction) for the TAM week 18 (April 25 to May 1), but it's the biggest opening for any show in the last three years. Interestingly, the preceding Dance India Dance finale could only muster a rating of 5.

Colors' Chak Dhoom Dhoom drew a TVR of 4.4 while, Star Plus' celebrity reality show Zara Nachke Dikha could only muster a TVR of 2.4. (Though, it must be noted that Zara.. airs on Saturday and Sunday whereas its two competing shows air on Friday and Saturday)

While it will be too early to write off Zara Nacke Dikha, the success of the two juvenile shows clearly indicate that the viewers are longer warming to the celebrity dance reality shows, where talent often takes second place to controversy and other theatrics. We've already seen the first casualty when Mohit Sehgal and Sanaya Irani were found wanting as hosts, and subsequently replaced by Jennifer Winget and RJ Mantra.

Rakhi Sawant proudly claimed that she'll create history at Zara Nachke Dikha. The out-of-favour drama queen should now pray that the show picks up in the coming weeks or else, she'll be confined to history.

Meanwhile, the final of Indian Premier League 3 between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings clocked a staggering TVR of 10.5 (All India market).

The top ten shows across Hindi GECS is as follows –

L'il Masters - 6.7, Pavitra Rishta 6.0, Uttaran 5.9, Na Aana Is Des Laado 4.9, Jhansi Ki Rani 4.8, Pratigya 4.7, Bidaai 4.7, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 4.5, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo 4.4, Chak Dhoom Dhoom 4.4

Colors has regained the number spot with 288 GRPs, Star Plus is just two GRPs less, while Zee TV drops to third spot with 279 GRPs.

-- Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/l-il-masters-rocks-chak-booms-nachke-doomed