Uttaran

The meaning of Uttaran?

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of Uttaran is?? I'm a little confused...I haven't really heard this word beforeπŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My mom thinks it means "upgrading" ... as in , progress , little by little ....its an uncommon word , even I hadnt heard it .... I think I'll have to ask my Hindi teacher πŸ€“

My mom thinks that it signifies how Iccha always wants more , and is always dreaming about "higher" things ... but I'm not so sure ...

Just a sec , I'll check up on my Hindi "shabdkosh"

OK , it'll take me more than a sec πŸ˜‰
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for explaining, yaar!

I think your Mom is right...that makes sense....to signify Iccha's will to always dream higher.

I tried to figure it out in context when they played that song in the epi, but I still couldn't figure it out....LOL.
CeruleanSky thumbnail
No , it seems Mom was wrong .... πŸ˜†...that is , if my shabdkosh is correct πŸ€“

I just checked it up on the dic. , and there are two words I found :

* Uttran - things which have been worn out by constant usage , discarded things

*Utaran - clothes which have become old due to constant wearing

I think it comes from the root "utaarna" ..taking off....but I dont know if it fits into the title song πŸ˜•... I'll still ask my Hindi teacher ... and then get a earful from her for asking her doubts only on watching TV πŸ˜†

But I think Mom's version is better ... πŸ˜ƒ

Love,Shreya
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL, Shreya! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I like your Mom's version better too.....it implies a much deeper meaning!

But initially I'd also thought when I heard the song in the epi that it might mean 'uttaran' as in something that's coming down....or 'wearing down' as you said.

Maybe an alternative meaning is being implied that Iccha always has to use those things discarded by others after they're worn out....maybe that's where the title comes from....what do you think?πŸ˜‰

Anu
CeruleanSky thumbnail
Yep...thats what I was thinking .... I think it refers to the fact that all her clothes are discarded stuff , "hand-me-downs" ...

You know , that line in the tiltle song " Kyun kisi ke [something] sapno se saje kisi ka uttaran" ......I guess thats what the title means...nice choice of title then πŸ‘πŸΌ

All right ! so Anu di and me have deciphered one puzzle... one more still to go di , which is , why "Taklu" , despite having a mop of hair , is called "TAKLU" ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Luv,Shreya
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^ i think in this serial it implies the meaning "discarded", used and then discarded.

That is what they showed in the promos as well, that the girl top gets torn and other used things that was given to Ichcha
AreYaar thumbnail
Hehe Shreya, yes we've managed to decipher this big mystery! WoohooπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I really like the Title of this show too....it's very unique! And apt I guess for what they're trying to show.

Now for Taklu ke naam ki mystery....uske liye toh Einstein ko phir se zinda karna padegaπŸ˜†...Only he can explain why Taklu is called that when he's not a Taklu at all!πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Btw, don't you think that the guy whose B'day party Iccha sees in the first epi is the guy that's going to fall for her when they all grow up??
Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago
CeruleanSky thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Hehe Shreya, yes we've managed to decipher this big mystery! WoohooπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I really like the Title of this show too....it's very unique! And apt I guess for what they're trying to show.

Now for Taklu ke naam ki mystery....uske liye toh Einstein ko phir se zinda karna padegaπŸ˜†...Only he can explain why Taklu is called that when he's not a Taklu at all!πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Btw, don't you think that the guy whose B'day party Iccha sees in the first epi is the guy that's going to fall for her when they all grow up??

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah .....yes........ I'd forgotten about 'Tapasya's suitor' ..... you know , when I first read the show synopsis , I was in a bit of a hurry , and I was reading it out aloud really fast , and I read "Tapasya's tutor" πŸ˜†

smilecheese thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Uttaran signifies that she gets the leftovers of everyone. And slowly, living in the slums sort of wears you out. you have to give up all your dreams and aspirations, it is like taking a layer of clothing off at a time....

i don't even know if that is true, but i am sure it was supposed to be really deep...

-pari