Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
By your requests some more questions!!!!

Have fun and sorry about the Cap Lock.!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAL?

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?

15. RED OR PINK?

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? 

18. HAS SOMEONE YOU LOVED EVER MADE YOU CRY?

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

25. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?

28. LONG HAIR OR SHORT?

29. SNEAKERS OR SLIPPERS?

30. FAVORITE FOOD?

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU Wearing? 

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?

35. HUGS OR KISSES? 

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?

37. HOW ARE YOU FEELING AT THE MOMENT?

38.  BEST PART OF YOUR DAY?

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?

42. FAVORITE SOUND?

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? 

46. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME?

And one final question: What novel\book has had the most influence in your life and why was it so influential?
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I did a Google search and came up with these very interesting questions and I thought they just had to be asked.

So enjoy answering!!!

-What do you value most in life?

2-Do believe that people are inherently good or bad?

3-What is your greatest regret?

4-What do you see as your greatest achievement?

5-How do you deal with someone you don't like?

6-What do you feel you are entitled to in life?

7-What's your favourite song?

8-What are your feelings regarding God?

9-How do you personally define "Right" from "Wrong"?

10. You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon.

Which option do you select?

11. Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly, you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you don't kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you can't tell them why.

Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?

12. For whatever the reason, two unauthorized movies are made about your life. The first is an independently released documentary, primarily comprised of interviews with people who know you and bootleg footage from your actual life. Critics are describing the documentary as "brutally honest and relentlessly fair." Meanwhile, Columbia Tri-Star has produced a big-budget biopic of your life, casting major Hollywood stars as you and all your acquaintances; though the movie is based on actual events, screenwriters have taken some liberties with the facts. Critics are split on the artistic merits of this fictionalized account, but audiences love it.

Which film would you be most interested in seeing?

13. You are sitting in an empty bar (in a town you've never before visited), drinking Bacardi with a soft-spoken acquaintance you barely know. After an hour, a third individual walks into the tavern and sits by himself, and you ask your acquaintance who the new man is. "Be careful of that guy," you are told. "He is a man with a past." A few minutes later, a fourth person enters the bar; he also sits alone. You ask your acquaintance who this new individual is. "Be careful of that guy, too," he says. "He is a man with no past."

Which of these two people do you trust less?

14. You have a brain tumor. Though there is no discomfort at the moment, this tumor would unquestionably kill you in six months. However, your life can (and will) be saved by an operation; the only downside is that there will be a brutal incision to your frontal lobe. After the surgery, you will be significantly less intelligent. You will still be a fully functioning adult, but you will be less logical, you will have a terrible memory, and you will have little ability to understand complex concepts or difficult ideas. The surgery is in two weeks.

How do you spend the next fourteen days?

15. For reasons that cannot be explained, cats can suddenly read at a twelfth-grade level. They can't talk and they can't write, but they can read silently and understand the text. Many cats love this new skill, because they now have something to do all day while they lay around the house; however, a few cats become depressed, because reading forces them to realize the limitations of their existence (not to mention the utter frustration of being unable to express themselves).

This being the case, do you think the average cat would enjoy Garfield, or would cats find this cartoon to be an insulting caricature?

16.  Let us assume you met a rudimentary magician. Let us assume he can do five simple tricks--he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, he can make a coin disappear, he can turn the ace of spades into the Joker card, and two others in a similar vein. These are his only tricks and he can't learn any more; he can only do these five. HOWEVER, it turns out he's doing these five tricks with real magic. It's not an illusion; he can actually conjure the bunny out of the ether and he can move the coin through space. He's legitimately magical, but extremely limited in scope and influence.

Would this person be more impressive than Albert Einstein?

17.  What is your favorite color?

sareeta thumbnail
Ahaaa, I had been wanting to get back here and ask some more questions and lo behold , you are just as eager to answer some more - isnt that wonderful?! Well so here you go -

1.  If you could be a part of the book award jury , which prize jury would you like to be a part of  - Nobel, booker prize , orange ...??!! and why?!  Which one and you may choose only one!!!

2. If you do become a part of the jury - what would be your personal criteria for adjuding a book as best or worthy of a prize - what would be the parameters?

Have fun and meanwhile, I'll sip coffee and dish out some more questions for ya! 😆
sareeta thumbnail
Shelly , my my , lovely set of questions there!!  Wish I was asked ... those... I'd have had fun answering them... but right now... I'd like to see how Navi battles those!!

Naviiiiiiiii - where are you??  we are here with the questions.... (screams out for Navi!! ðŸ˜† )
Edited by sareeta - 15 years ago
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hahahaha... looks like you guys scared Navi off!
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Congrats Sunshine!
As you're the reader of the fortnight......i'll ask u some questions related to reading! Here we go....

- Do you judge a book by it's cover?

- Have you ever gifted a book to someone? If yes, which one was it?

- In your opinion what makes a good book?

- Suggest a good summer read?
                                chick-flick?
                                funny/comedy?
                                Mystery/crime?

- Do u like movies which have been adapted from books?

- Name your top 5 reads?

-Your best authors?

-And what book would you absolutely recommend to everyone?
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow..

haha..will start with it :D
-Navi thumbnail
Originally posted by: shellytt

By your requests some more questions!!!!

Have fun and sorry about the Cap Lock.!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Haha..last night while I was watching one tree hill older episodes..it was when Mouth gave Jimmy Edward's mom his yearbook and then it showed you the comments people wrote...*heartbeaking*

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
At times..

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAL?
Sandwiches.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
haha no.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
hell to yeah..im soo awesome

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
lots..

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
i got them, but i took this antibiotic..so im not sure..

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
one day..

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
captain crunch ;D

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
nope.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
mentally yes.. and physically no..but i am capable of beating people up if provoked.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
super kid =)

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
their clothes.

15. RED OR PINK?
red.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
the past, the simpler days.

18. HAS SOMEONE YOU LOVED EVER MADE YOU CRY?
??

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
im rockin it in my grey sweats :D

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
strawberry?

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
jeff buckley- satisfied mind..

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
olive green :D

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
cinnamon and lilac.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
umm, my aunt called and i gave the phone to my mom.

25. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?
a bit.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
 football or soccer..

28. LONG HAIR OR SHORT?
depends on the person..but for my medium length for now.

29. SNEAKERS OR SLIPPERS?
sneakers :D

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
kiwis, watermelons, etc

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
non-cliche happy endings that are realistic.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU Wearing? 
 i watch dark knight for the god knows how many times yesterday..

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
winter..

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
hugs.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
cheesecake.

37. HOW ARE YOU FEELING AT THE MOMENT?
sick, im coughing.

38.  BEST PART OF YOUR DAY?
my music :D

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
well i just finished the last book from the mediator series like 2 days ago.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
my mouse?..oh nvm its just blue.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
i watched friday nights lights on dvd [season 2]

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
'zaaaap'

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
THE BEATLES.. hell to yeah..

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
well ive been to india and that was like half way around the world.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? 
im.. ME =)

46. DO YOU LIKE YOUR NAME?
i guess..

And one final question: What novel\book has had the most influence in your life and why was it so influential?
i guess those chicken soup books?

-Navi thumbnail
Originally posted by: shellytt

I did a Google search and came up with these very interesting questions and I thought they just had to be asked.

So enjoy answering!!!

-What do you value most in life?
Life itself followed by faith.

2-Do believe that people are inherently good or bad?
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

3-What is your greatest regret?
not being as motivated as i should be.

4-What do you see as your greatest achievement?
how i overcome some serious problems.

5-How do you deal with someone you don't like?
i be a bitch to them..haah.

6-What do you feel you are entitled to in life?
whatever I'm given or earned.

7-What's your favourite song?
Velocity girl-snow patrol, woman-john lennon, and dancing in the moonlight-jeff buckley.

8-What are your feelings regarding God?
I'm sikh, and I believe in god.. but not just with blind faith with true faith..and also I believe in evolution and all that.

9-How do you personally define "Right" from "Wrong"?
Right choice is the selfless choice, wrong choice is the one that rises questions of doubt.

10. You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon.
Europe..

Which option do you select?
oh we answer here.. well Europe.

11. Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly, you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you don't kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you can't tell them why.

Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?
i fell asleep and i kicked her while i was sleeping..haha

12. For whatever the reason, two unauthorized movies are made about your life. The first is an independently released documentary, primarily comprised of interviews with people who know you and bootleg footage from your actual life. Critics are describing the documentary as "brutally honest and relentlessly fair." Meanwhile, Columbia Tri-Star has produced a big-budget biopic of your life, casting major Hollywood stars as you and all your acquaintances; though the movie is based on actual events, screenwriters have taken some liberties with the facts. Critics are split on the artistic merits of this fictionalized account, but audiences love it.

Which film would you be most interested in seeing?
indie flick :D

13. You are sitting in an empty bar (in a town you've never before visited), drinking Bacardi with a soft-spoken acquaintance you barely know. After an hour, a third individual walks into the tavern and sits by himself, and you ask your acquaintance who the new man is. "Be careful of that guy," you are told. "He is a man with a past." A few minutes later, a fourth person enters the bar; he also sits alone. You ask your acquaintance who this new individual is. "Be careful of that guy, too," he says. "He is a man with no past."

Which of these two people do you trust less?
the one with no past.

14. You have a brain tumor. Though there is no discomfort at the moment, this tumor would unquestionably kill you in six months. However, your life can (and will) be saved by an operation; the only downside is that there will be a brutal incision to your frontal lobe. After the surgery, you will be significantly less intelligent. You will still be a fully functioning adult, but you will be less logical, you will have a terrible memory, and you will have little ability to understand complex concepts or difficult ideas. The surgery is in two weeks.

How do you spend the next fourteen days?
doing the things i love..

15. For reasons that cannot be explained, cats can suddenly read at a twelfth-grade level. They can't talk and they can't write, but they can read silently and understand the text. Many cats love this new skill, because they now have something to do all day while they lay around the house; however, a few cats become depressed, because reading forces them to realize the limitations of their existence (not to mention the utter frustration of being unable to express themselves).

This being the case, do you think the average cat would enjoy Garfield, or would cats find this cartoon to be an insulting caricature?
insulting..

16.  Let us assume you met a rudimentary magician. Let us assume he can do five simple tricks--he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, he can make a coin disappear, he can turn the ace of spades into the Joker card, and two others in a similar vein. These are his only tricks and he can't learn any more; he can only do these five. HOWEVER, it turns out he's doing these five tricks with real magic. It's not an illusion; he can actually conjure the bunny out of the ether and he can move the coin through space. He's legitimately magical, but extremely limited in scope and influence.

Would this person be more impressive than Albert Einstein?
no way jose :)

17.  What is your favorite color?
orange.

-Navi thumbnail
Originally posted by: sareeta

Ahaaa, I had been wanting to get back here and ask some more questions and lo behold , you are just as eager to answer some more - isnt that wonderful?! Well so here you go -

1.  If you could be a part of the book award jury , which prize jury would you like to be a part of  - Nobel, booker prize , orange ...??!! and why?!  Which one and you may choose only one!!!
Nobel because they tend to have a powerful message and cause.

2. If you do become a part of the jury - what would be your personal criteria for adjuding a book as best or worthy of a prize - what would be the parameters?
if people who do not like the genre will like it, it appeals to humanity instead of being a cult book, how it's written, ending and storyline, the climax is delivered well,nice cover lol,  and just the overall greatness of the book.
Have fun and meanwhile, I'll sip coffee and dish out some more questions for ya! 😆