Book Talk

For all Animal Lovers

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
If you are an animal lover or have pets (especially dogs) then I think that yo should read the book

"Marley and Me"" by John Grogan.

I often bypassed this book in the bookstore in favour of "more interesting books" but I sorry I waited so long to read it, and I am sure that I will read it again.

Its an story of an ordinary family and a well loved, loyal but mischeivous dog. As the caption on the book read "life and love with the world's worst dog."

At one point while reading I had to put the book down and go play with my dog. 😳 It will make you laugh😆, and sympathize😲, empathize😳 and even cry😭 a little, but the best gift this book offers is that it makes you love your pet a little bit more. 😃

So all you animal lovers and pet lovers out there or even those who don't understand how someone can love a dog so much, go read Marley and Me!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awesome... I'll definitely pick up a copy! And you have a dog? You're lucky! What breed is it?
sareeta thumbnail
Aaah, a book about dogs... I have a dog as a pet... and I love it so much.... so does my entire family!!

Thanks for suggesting it Shelly!!

I am falling in love with this seciton... such nice books being suggested... so many new ones I've never heard of before and so many new ppl, book lovers at that... to meet too!!
Edited by sareeta - 15 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I don't have any pets but I am always very much interested in reading books like that.  I had read a book a while ago that was about a journey of 3 dogs that get lost and they find their way back to their house.  I forget the title, but I'll try to remember. 

Thanks for suggesting it!

-Mahi

shellytt thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: chhilt

Awesome... I'll definitely pick up a copy! And you have a dog? You're lucky! What breed is it?

We actually have three dogs. Two Rotweilliers and the baby of the family a small breed dog, known as a pompeck. She is the most spoilt creature in the universe!!! But my entire family and I still love her immensely, and she's only been with us for a year.

I've always had dogs for as long as I can remember!
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh that's nice! i can't find the book at my local bookstore... well i'll keep looking!
shellytt thumbnail
I just say the movie that is based on the book and whilst the book was better and the movie blurred some of the facts a bit, it was actually pretty good.

I cried like a baby at the end! lol
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Oh yea! All my friends were talking about "Marley and Me", they said that they were bawling in the theaters at the end...it made me curious to read/watch it....I'll definitely try it though!