•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
'Gauri and I are not getting any good offers to work together' - Hiten

He is undoubtedly the most popular son on Indian television today. Be it the immortal Pratham in Kutumb or the evergreen Karan in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Hiten Tejwani has always been able to win sympathies and accolades from the audience for his performance. Armed with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills, he has given little chance to his friends and foes to complain, both on the personal and professional front.

Little wonder that he accepted an interview request with Tellychakkar immediately. But that was just the beginning of the story. People who have worked with the handsome actor will agree that it is close to impossible to carry on a prolonged conversation with Hiten during an interview, since he goes inside a shell and responds only in monosyllables!

Tellychakkar managed to coax and cajole him for a freewheeling conversation about his work, his life and his pretty wife. Excerpts from an interview.

How's life after Kyun Ki?

When a serial goes on for more than eight years, it is obvious that it'll have a great impact on the lives of its cast and crew. Though I have not been associated with the show for the entire eight years, I have had a lovely time working for this show. After Kutumb, this show gave me a new identity – people accepted me as Karan and I played almost all stages of life of Karan right from the angry young man to the matured analytical businessman father. So, life is very different post-Kyunki. I guess for anyone involved with the show it is proving to be difficult to come to terms with the fact that the journey with the Viranis has come to an end.

Are you enjoying your free time or are you missing those days?

While I did take some time off and rest for a few days, the workaloholic person got the better of me. I started to hate staying indoors whole day without going to work. I have started playing a role in Jasuben Jayantlal Joshi Ki Joint Family. Hats Off, the producers of this serial are the uncrowned kings of the comedy genre and it is a real pleasure working with them. Hats Off and I wanted to work with each other but somehow because of clash in timings I could not take it up. I am glad that I could take it up now with Jasuben

I am also feeling very nice that the audience will see me in a role that is in line with my real age! Even my look in the show will be very unique.

Do you think Kyun Ki came to a natural end? Or should it have gone on for some more time?

After eight years, it is natural that a show will come to an end. But I felt that Kyunki… could have had a much more graceful end. Any show will come to an end, but the way this whole situation was handled could have been much better.

We have seen you in different cameo roles in films. Any plans of taking up a career in films seriously?

Any actor would like to see himself successful on the big screen. I am no exception. At the same time, I am not in a hurry to build a career in films. As you mentioned, I have done few roles in Joggers Park, Anwar etc. but want to give it some more time before I focus on a career in films. I personally feel you need time and luck to be successful on the big screen. I don't think the time is right for me now to focus on films.

Your and Gauri's pair is the most popular pair on Indian television. Any plans of working together in future?

We are grateful to our audience and fan following for making us one of the most popular pairs on Indian television today. As much as they want to see us together, we would also like to work together for different serials. But unfortunately, apart from reality shows we are not getting any good offers for working together in serials.

Gauri seems to have gone off the radar completely and become incommunicado…

It is nothing like that – she is very much there in the circuit. Just that she is busy pursuing some of her interests. She is learning painting and keeping herself busy with that. She spends a large part of her day in pursuing painting as a hobby. In parallel she is also doing a course on psychology.

What are your future projects?

I will be working on a new Balaji serial titled Kitni Mohabbat Hai. The cast will comprise of mostly newcomers. But nothing is going to start before a couple of months, so I feel it is too early to say anything. Specially in an industry where storylines change on a daily basis!

Srabanti Chakrabarti
Posted on 11 Dec 2008 4:10 pm
Sorry if posted earlier😊
gr8 yaar
thx for the artcle
ght roxxx!!!
Originally posted by SMITAKSHI

gr8 yaar
thx for the artcle
ght roxxx!!!
Most welcome😛
Agree GHT rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanxz 4 the Article.........Missing Hiten & Gauri..........  

awww..missing ght sooooooooo much.jst adoree my jaanus😳
thank y very much 4 sharing the hiten interview