I will stop doing TV if SRK asks me to

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Tell us something about yourself.
I am a complete Indian. My father was in the CRPF so I have lived all over India since childhood. My stint with television began with Hip Hip Hurray followed by Cats and Sarhadein. After that I took a sabbatical from TV and did about twenty major television commercials. Then I did a significant role in Special Squad, again on the small screen.

Are you nervous about Kohinoor?
I don't really have the butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling. I am not so much worried about people reacting to me; I am more sceptical about my own reaction to myself. I expect too much out of myself. I have never attempted something like this before so I am a bit apprehensive.

In what way is this role different?
I have always played assertive and individualistic characters. By contrast, Iravati in Kohinoor is very feminine. My voice is husky, so I had to work on it, as well as my body language. I am not a delicate darling. My father is an Arjuna award winner and I too have been very sporty.

Tell us more about Iravati in Kohinoor.
Iravati is very much a girl of today. She has come from UK and is a curator for Sotheby's. But she maintains her sanskars like a Yash Chopra prototype. She speaks chaste Hindi, fights for her rights and then returns to cry on her best friend's shoulder.

Which was the most difficult scene in the serial?
The scene where I come to know about my mother's death was emotionally taxing. I think it was my most trying moment.

With whom did you watch the first episode of Kohinoor?
I watched it with my unit. We all held hands together. I can't describe the feelings. I think the show was well-executed and has the potential to become a pot-boiler. I have been inundated with calls appreciating my performance, but I personally think I need to better myself. I am my biggest critic and competitor.

Your sex-appeal in Kohinoor is being commented upon.
I am not an item girl neither am I am a hot number. I don't dress sexy but I certainly don't mind being
called sexy. It's a compliment.

Will you quit television if your film By Chance clicks?
I don't wish to restrict myself to playing a stereotyped heroine. I didn't care about playing mum in commercials, so why should I feel scared of doing challenging roles on TV even if my film succeeds. Of course, if I do a film with Shah Rukh Khan and if he asks me stop doing TV, then I will obey!

Do you find your co-stars sexy?
Ankur Nayyar and Amit Sadh are my co-stars and I don't find them sexy at all. Ankur makes me laugh and Amit makes me think about serious things.

Whom do you find hot then?
Bhanu Uday, my co star in Special Squad is a real hot guy. He makes me laugh, think, sizzle, unwind and a lot more
See its just not us, even Kuljeet is totally floored by Bhanu 😉

Hey is there something on between them, the way she has spoken about him...Hmmmmmm

Well i hope there is coz they both are rocking..aah just a fans fantasy..lol

yeah bhanu is a magician and i cant agreemore.

he can charm and enitice without doubt and
that too totally!!!
you know, considering the comfort level between Kuljeet and Bhanu, which was quite visible during the intimate scenes like the one in the pantry and even the one when he catches her in his arms in her last episode - there just might be something there...and if sources are anything to go by, they are as comfortable in real life too - which can be seen in the photographs of a party they held in Juhu - one of which is eternaldreamer's avatar, so i won't be surprised...and happy too...but then again - as you said, eternaldreamer - just a fan's fantasy...!!!
Yes thats exactly my avtaar 😉

But u know like u said u never knw, I mean their comfort levels were sky high and from the way she has described him well she seems totally smitten 😃