Bhanu signs Hollywood film

Lovely-Maiden thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Bhanu signs Hollywood film
   By: Tushar Joshi
   August 24, 2005

Bhanu Uday
He plays the leader of the crime branch of Special Squad on Star One. Bhanu Uday, originally from Jammu, is on a high after completing his schedule for a Hollywood production titled, Searching for Sara.

The film, directed by Nanda Anand, will be tentatively released internationally by the year-end. The cast also includes Manoj Bajpai, along with actors from Hollywood.

What is Searching for Sara all about?
The film has me playing Amar, an orphaned architect, and Manoj Bajpai, who plays a king, is like a father figure. I have a romantic track with Kelly Garner (who also appeared in The Aviator) and Lynn Collins (The Merchant of Venice). I cannot go into the details of the film, but it has the basic elements of romance, suspense and drama.

Is this your big screen debut?
Yes it is. I was offered quite a few films, but decided to wait until I got a role that excited me enough. We shot for around 40 to 45 days straight in Jaisalmer. I had to lose five kgs, as the role required me to look younger.

How's your look in the film?
I have a very contemporary, yet tradition look. My wardrobe has lots of kurtas and denims. The role is that of a guy who's studied abroad — he speaks English fluently, but without an accent. It's an English film, with a bit of Rajasthani thrown in.

Is there anything interesting happening in Special Squad?
The show is doing well and we recently completed one year. There's always something new in terms of creativity and plot. I don't want to jump into more shows, unless they are different and motivating.

[email protected]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters