College & University

C&U DOTW:Your career-your choice or your parents'?

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Your parents have chosen certain career for you and they want you to prepare accordingly. But you are not interested in that. You want a different career. You have conveyed this to your parents, but they are very adamant that they know what is good for you.
So, in which field will you make your career? The one, which you like? Or the one, which your parents have chosen for you?
Happy discussing.😊

--------CnU development team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_rajnish_ thumbnail
I would like the carrier chosen my me. the carrier should be chooses according to one interest. If one is not interested then he wud not study with dedication which is really needed during study. will discuss more nice topic BTW avinash, thanks 4 starting
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I think it's always a problem with many parents and kids.  Parents want their kids to be always doctors and engineers but that's not always possible because that may not be the area of interest of the kids.

I think the parents should always be very open minded and let the kids decide what they want to do with their lives.  Obviously they should always be present help them and guide them but not to push them to an extent when they are not longer interested in any thing.

You should always go for the career you're interested in because ultimately it'll be really you who's stuck with that career for who knows how many years and if you don't love your job then life will be really painful.

-Mahi

muffins2waffles thumbnail
I will always follow my parents, because I am lucky enough to get ones that always consider my choice above theirs...nice topic!
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Will try to do the best for both me and my parents...if what they reason is better that what i want then that will be it
MarilynMonroe thumbnail

wel my parents chose my career, when i was a kid n dey put it in my head n nw their choice is my choice....its nt dat i m nt happy wid my career jus sayin dat sumtym it happens when u r kid ur parents talks to u abt certain career n as u grow up its in ur head. wel my parents gave me freedom to choice my career luckly i chose a career dat dey luvd....especially my dad

ebanyan thumbnail
i think i will decide myself for my career but must follow the directions set by my parents.
ebanyan thumbnail
We will only succeed in our career when we have prayers of our parents with us. our parents have more importance than our decisions. in all we only can succeed in our career if we follow the instructions of our parents in our career
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: MusicalAiswarya

I will always follow my parents, because I am lucky enough to get ones that always consider my choice above theirs...nice topic!

i agree...they told me i could be whatever i want to be...and im confused abt what career i want..i would  follow any career they think is suitable for me😊 ---(as long as i like it)πŸ˜†
lrllover thumbnail
Career choice should always be based on interest rather than what parents want their children to be. Having said that i would like to add that parents always take decision for the good of their children but they too should understand that without interest no one can succeed in a chosen field.

In case a child wants to go for a particular field but his/her parents are against it then he/she should explain why he wants to choose that field and try to convince them.........